PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: NYJ fined $100,000 for Revis tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.
This conclusion is a complete joke! Can't read the article, only looked at the headline.

If Johnson wasn't tampering, please explain what tampering is?

If Johnson wasn't tampering, please explain what tampering is?

That's the kicker. The NFL ruled that he did tamper. But for reasons that we're all aware of, Goodell gave the jets a slap on the wrist instead of punishing them the same way that he punished other teams that tampered.

Everyone says that, but we've never seen any evidence of that alleged sway when it actually matters.

You're right that its yet to be seen. I'm just disgusted at this league's buffoonery and wish for Kraft to just make some waves at owner's meetings and not let the media, Goodell and the league in general get away with these nit-picking witch hunts and endless trolling of our team. I mean its one smear campaign and slap in the face after another.......

I believe in BBs belief structure of ignore the noise and punish yours enemies with success but if you let a bully keep going he'll never stop until you hit back and stand up for yourself

Of course. That belief is the first requirement for membership in the Haters' Club. For proof, just read the comments following every PFT item which deals with Goodell and the Pats. As I wrote in another thread, I believe that the opposite may well be true. Namely, that Goodell has quietly aligned himself with the other teams and owners who dislike NE and their success and now Kraft is standing, more or less, alone. That's a bad position to be in. I think the Deflategate news is going to be bad for us and that's very different from how I felt a few days ago. The fix is in.

You are probably right. Look at it from Goodell's perspective, what's better having one strong ally that all of the other teams are jealous of or 31 allies that dislike one. Ironically, Goodell may be stronger by turning on his supposed ally. An alliance which I never totally bought anyways. I always that their relationship was way overblown and I would imagine you could probably find pictures and stories of every NFL owner dining and meeting with Goodell.

What people don't understand is the tampering rules are super important, and owners and coaches could wreak havoc with seemingly innocuous statements regarding other teams. Try BB saying "Vick is every bit a starting QB as any in the league," or "Revis has been so good he's been an unbelievable value to the Jets this year." If it weren't for these rules there would be constant games played in the press to create problems for other teams.

This outcome is a ****ing joke. I hope it leads to utter chaos for the NFL.

This outcome is a ****ing joke. I hope it leads to utter chaos for the NFL.

Baltimore residents have already been expressing their outrage over the decision. ;)

Explain.

tumblr_nna5xeJO681t9sksvo1_400.gif

They didn't win the Last Game of that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back