PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: NYJ fined $100,000 for Revis tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray Kraft and BB find their ways to punish this league in return.....Kraft holds a lot of sway in the owner's circle.......

I hope we tamper with Richardson now just to f**k with those rat-bastards.......hell a $100,000 fine would be worth it.....oh wait I forgot they'd go full lynch mob on us

I'm not really buying this anymore.. I use to think the same that Kraft had a lot of influence, but there are 32 billionaire owners and he's just 1 of them.

Also, he does have some level of influence but only in the sense that he helps secure the network contracts, but it's not like Kraft is going to be like "screw you guys!" and do something that hinders those contracts and the money that the league makes.. So what power or influence does he really have?

They know he's not going to do something that hurts his revenue, so other than him being a little PO'ed about this, they know he'll get over it because there is to much money to be made.

Last edited:
Like Ivan, I think you have finally seen the light.

Depends on what you mean by "seen the light.",I feel that the lack of real punishment in the Revis tampering case proves once and for all that the league is run by Jet sycophants who will never hold them accountable for breaking league rules, but that doesn't change how I see deflategate playing out because I still feel proof is required to sanction the Patriots, and not only do they have no proof but the retroactive witchunt they have engaged in is not only going to exonerate them for not tampering with game balls in the AFCCG but that it will prove that they have never at any time tampered with any game balls. I think the Patriots know they are going to be cleared and that's why they are taking the high road on the tampering and staying quiet about it. We will find out fairly soon if I'm right but that's how see it. The difference no, at least for me, is that regardless of how it plays out I want Goodell gone and the league office purged of Jet fans.

Last edited:
We did in 2011 when we were looking at a shortened season.

That was something that benefited all the owners. Big whoop. Easy to have owners on your "side" then. Show me some evidence of Kraft's "sway with owners" when the league is f**king with the Patriots.

Yeah, you're right. Then we'd have to deal with 5 weeks of ESPN coverage, then Jerry Rice saying we need an asterisk because tampering is illegal now unlike in the 90s when he was with the 49ers. But that was cool, it was legal back then. Wait, it wasn't? Yeah, everyone did it! Oh. Really?? Not legal? My bad!

What a ****ing tool.

It stinks too, Jerry Rice was my hero growing up... I had plaques and all sorts of signed stuff by him. .

It wasn't until I was older that I realized he's kind of a di*k, and now that he's another mediot slamming the Pats it just sucks even more.

I was young and didn't know better, so I'm not scarred by it or anything, but it's disappointing!

At least he worked his ass off and was a champion, so there was some good examples he set

It stinks too, Jerry Rice was my hero growing up... I had plaques and all sorts of signed stuff by him. .

It wasn't until I was older that I realized he's kind of a di*k, and now that he's another mediot slamming the Pats it just sucks even more.

I was young and didn't know better, so I'm not scarred by it or anything, but it's disappointing!

At least he worked his ass off and was a champion, so there was some good examples he set

On the bright side he acknowledged that he cheated throughout his career and "tainted all of their championships..." What a shame for Jerry and Joe.

I don't need to see the criteria to know the decision is bad @AndyJohnson. When you have established precedent and ignore it, it's a bad decision.
And I would like to understand what the thought process was. Never said it was a good decision.

That was something that benefited all the owners. Big whoop. Easy to have owners on your "side" then. Show me some evidence of Kraft's "sway with owners" when the league is f**king with the Patriots.

This is called moving the goalposts. You never made that qualification in your OP that I responded to. You wanted an example of his sway when it actually matters and I gave you one. Further, the other owners weren't exactly making a hard push for a full season before Kraft said "enough of the ********" and got it done. No owner has backed Goodell more than Kraft. If Kraft wants Goodell out, it's not going to be hard for him to do so.

Not really.

Explain.

tumblr_nna5xeJO681t9sksvo1_400.gif

…and that was your first mistake.
I haven't listened to those turds, or any of the turds on the 4-letter-network radio, since the 2006 AFCC.

Just offering it up since it was related to the topic. It is the only sports talk radio on in the morning and the draft is coming up so I tuned into their drivel.

I thought it was interesting to see what a somewhat honest Rats fan had to say about it.

Normally I don't listen to them, for reasons we all understand.

Depends on what you mean by "seen the light.",I feel that the lack of real punishment in the Revis tampering case proves once and for all that the league is run by Jet sycophants who will never hold them accountable for breaking league rules, but that doesn't change how I see deflategate playing out because I still feel proof is required to sanction the Patriots, and not only do they have no proof but the retroactive witchunt they have engaged in is not only going to exonerate them for not tampering with game balls in the AFCCG but that it will prove that they have never at any time tampered with any game balls. I think the Patriots know they are going to be cleared and that's why they are taking the high road on the tampering and staying quiet about it. We will find out fairly soon if I'm right but that's how see it. The difference no, at least for me, is that regardless of how it plays out I want Goodell gone and the league office purged of Jet fans.
Let me qualify my statement. I believe you have come to realize that the league office is controlled by a group of Jets alumni who will always protect their former team. We will wait to see what happens about the the pressure of the footballs. I still believe that the Pats will not be exonerated or receive any apology and may likely receive a monetary fine. I don't expect any negative information about the NFL office will be revealed if it existed in the Wells report.

Last edited:
I will give you my take on Kraft's influence within the NFL. The NFL owners have two relationships. The first is as business partners in a highly lucrative business. Kraft is a great businessman who has made his partners richer through his negotiating skills and is highly respected and influential in this area. It has in fact helped offset Goodell's gross incompetence in this area . The second relationship is as on field competitors who are envious of the Pats success and would like nothing better than to see them lose. Anything that the commissioner does to help the Pats lose will be applauded by the owners, media and their fans. In this regard Kraft has little or no influence which was further minimized by his capitulation in the camera placement incident. I honestly believe that Kraft did not realize this until confronted by the current witch hunt as shown by his statement that" this is no way to treat a partner." For this reason, I see no ability for Kraft to force Goodell out since the POS is doing what the other 31 owners want. About the only thing Kraft could do would be to refrain from his using his business acumen in negotiations but that would also hurt his own pocketbook . So I expect nothing but another shafting by the NFL , only this time Kraft realizing the extent of his influence and who his friends really are(LOL).

Last edited:
I will give you my take on Kraft's influence within the NFL. The NFL owners have two relationships. The first is as business partners in a highly lucrative business. Kraft is a great businessman who has made his partners richer through his negotiating skills and is highly respected and influential in this area. It is in fact helped offset Goodell's gross incompetence in this area . The second relationship is as on field competitors who are envious of the Pats success and would like nothing better than to see them lose. Anything that the commissioner does to help the Pats lose will be applauded by the owners, media and their fans. In this regard Kraft has little or no influence which was further minimized by his capitulation in the camera placement incident. I honestly believe that Kraft did not realize this until confronted by the current witch hunt as by his statement that this is no way to treat a partner. For this reason, I see no ability for Kraft to force Goodell out since the POS is doing what the other 31 owners want. About the only thing Kraft could do would be to refrain from his using his business acumen in negotiations but that would hurt his pocketbook also. So I expect nothing but another shafting by the NFL and this time Kraft realizing the extent of his influence.
BINGO!

Most folks were expecting a fine from the very beginning.
Just like everyone apparently knew Revis would only be here for a year despite 95% of the board thinking Revis was here for the long haul...

An exchange of first round picks is what SHOULD have happened, based on other instances of tampering in the past. But yes, most of us did not expect this to happen. I realistically expected swapping either a 2nd or a 3rd along with a fine for the Jets. I didn't expect a fine that amounts to pocket change for Johnson and no penalty after that. Goodell really had his old team's back on this one.

I agree, it should have been a first but a second would have at least been acceptable. The fine is a complete joke and makes clear the Jets will get away with anything they wish to getaway with.

I was discussing this today with a Dallas fan and he agreed. He said "why even bother with the tampering rule if this is the punishment".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST