PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: NYJ fined $100,000 for Revis tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this rate, Bob Kraft might only get a 20% off coupon for the NFL pro shop should the NFL find the colts guilty of setting up a sting

He should start making public comments about how the team would love to sign Wilkerson.

Heretofore and evermore the words "integrity", "protecting the brand" and NFL shall ne'er be uttered in the same sentence.. Goodell hath outdoneth hisself..

This isn't even a slap on the wrist. A team needs to lose a draft pick for it to even begin to sting. Even the loss of a mid to late round pick would have sent a message that tampering is unacceptable.

Goodell and the NFL have no credibility with this move. Basically from now on any NFL team may actively tamper in the press, as long as they are willing to pay a 100k fine. I'd love to see a team with an owner who will take full advantage and rub this in the league's face, maybe Jerry Jones with the Cowboys? I know if the Pats had been accused of tampering the way Woody Johnson blatantly did it, we'd be losing at LEAST a 1st round pick.

What a crock.

tom-sawyer-whitewashing-o.gif

$100,000? That's basically a rounding error for these guys. Is discipline in Goodell's NFL mostly arbitrary or completely f'n arbitrary?

He's easily the worst active commissioner in pro sports right now. Selig doesn't even come remotely close anymore.

Selig retired, but yes. Goodell is absolutely wretched.

For me the $100,000 is better than the league saying they didn't tamper . They should have an appeal process for the team that get tampered against but that will never happen. The press should be all over his re: no pick but they won't because they will get blackballed. I can only assume the Jets charges against us are dropped but we might hear that that charge washed the pick. On to the draft.

When a billionaire gets fined 100k... Wow. I was not expecting the world, but this is ridic.

Last edited:
Roger Goodell is the only man on Earth with less accountability and a worse track record than politicians and weathermen.
He needs to answer the bell.

If this becomes official I would like to see the reaction from other GMs around the league, but I think no one wants to give the Patriots a help on this fight. No one wants to give the Patriots any help.

Kraft better not let this slide, he let them tamper with Deion Branch and we ultimately lost him and we probably win the SB with Branch. Don't stand for this ****.

Here's the only possible scenario that would make this okay: Goodell knows that the Wells Report is going to make the league look terrible, and by proxy he's OUT as commissioner. So he did his old team a solid on his way out the door. If that happens I can live with this. If not, there is NO explanation for the lack of consistency in punishments for tampering.

More PFT gold
darthbelichick07 says: Apr 28, 2015 12:14 PM

$100K and no draft picks?

Tamper away kids! You can even write it off on your taxes as a charitable donation!
:D

"I would like to sign some depth guys if KC cuts them since I coached there before" - 5th round swap

"Briggs, we almost traded for you but it didn't work out, would you maybe want to sign here as a FA?" - 3rd round swap

"I want to sign Revis for this amount of money, people of planet Earth!" - $100k fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back