PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon LaFell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really! How many passes have it this clown in the hands and he doesn't make the catch!! FYI Receivers are suppose to catch the dam ball!!! We are 13 games in you better have a rhythm by now!!!
Who are you yelling at?

I have been among his biggest supporters. I've often posted about how he's a complete receiver. The drops were not really an issue last season. I don't know what's happening. I posted about him in the game thread and how bad I thought he has been the past few games. The catch against the Broncos to set up Gost (a very underrated play in the midst of everything else) was so clutch. Other than that, zilch. Now how much of that is how they're using him is a debate to be had, I suppose, but his lack of production, especially compared to last season, is glaring. He was surrounded by guys to take the pressure off of him last season too, though. He's your Lee Evans type. Really good when not asked to be #1 guy.

1. He had a broken foot. He has said that he is still not 100% but good enough to play
2. JE is out so he is drawing the CB1
3. Brady's accuracy is off. Could be the line. Could be lesser WRs not getting open.

Hes not a superstar. Never was. Hes a good WR2 or WR3.

1. He had a broken foot. He has said that he is still not 100% but good enough to play
3. Brady's accuracy is off. Could be the line. Could be lesser WRs not getting open.

I pretty much said as much toward the end of my post. I don't think the foot is an issue anymore. I've heard nothing of it and it doesn't look like it's bothering him at this point. Brady's strength has never been the deep ball (other than when the Freak was here) and that's all they seem to be doing with LaFell. It's deep ball or WR screen. There are very few out routes, slants or back shoulder routes going on right now with him (or so it seems to a layman). He is one of my favorite players on the team (look at my post history), but he is puzzling right now. Of course, I know I have to put everything in the proper context that the whole O is struggling right now, but I don't think it's unfair to say he should be doing a little bit more.

Any WR worth anything should catch that perfectly thrown slant in the last drive. That drop in that situation is inexcusable given that weather wasn't an issue.

Unfortunately I think you might be right. Amendola is definitely better, Martin might be as well. :confused:
Martin's drops are concerning, but his propensity to pup the balls up when he misses them is even more concerning.

Any WR worth anything should catch that perfectly thrown slant in the last drive. That drop in that situation is inexcusable given that weather wasn't an issue.
He makes that catch last season, breaks a tackle and runs for another 10-12 yards. Something is off this season, and I don't know if it's just the injuries to other players. He just has not played well, even in situations similar to a lot of the plays he made last season.

Last edited:
Martin's drops are concerning, but his propensity to pup the balls up when he misses them is even more concerning.
He was wearing Dropson's gloves:p

I pretty much said as much toward the end of my post. I don't think the foot is an issue anymore. I've heard nothing of it and it doesn't look like it's bothering him at this point. Brady's strength has never been the deep ball (other than when the Freak was here) and that's all they seem to be doing with LaFell. It's deep ball or WR screen. There are very few out routes, slants or back shoulder routes going on right now with him (or so it seems to a layman). He is one of my favorite players on the team (look at my post history), but he is puzzling right now. Of course, I know I have to put everything in the proper context that the whole O is struggling right now, but I don't think it's unfair to say he should be doing a little bit more.
Agree completely. LaFell is not a deep threat. He is a slant/intermediate threat. It drives me nuts that they are using him in the deep game.

The team has come to the conclusion that it cannot be an efficient short-passing team without JE and must resort to more "chunk" plays to be successful moving the ball.

Look what they did with Jules. Maybe they should give JimmyG a try at wr.

Yeah, one guy had over 2400 rushing yards in 31 college games. The other had -82 rushing yards in 43 college games.

One can run really well obviously. The other cant.

One is a shifty WR, the other does not have the skill set.

Guess which one is which.

Agree completely. LaFell is not a deep threat. He is a slant/intermediate threat. It drives me nuts that they are using him in the deep game.

The team has come to the conclusion that it cannot be an efficient short-passing team without JE and must resort to more "chunk" plays to be successful moving the ball.
Yeah, and it's extremely frustrating to watch. Brady went from looking like an MVP to hoping he can get up off the field every play. The line and WR positions are both is disarray. It's concerning. But this coaching staff is the best in the business. We'll see.

Hope he get over the hurdle. Those drops were drive killer.

Yeah, and it's extremely frustrating to watch. Brady went from looking like an MVP to hoping he can get up off the field every play. The line and WR positions are both is disarray. It's concerning. But this coaching staff is the best in the business. We'll see.

Not to get caught up in stats but TB12's numbers these last four games are almost games 1-4 2014-ish.

He's had #1 WR stats and performance last year not being #1. The system made him look good (and the effort he put on the field as well). This year when the system was intact he was on PUP, came back rusty and when he was starting to click with Brady the other pieces started to fall down. It's pretty clear he can't have #1 WR responsibilities.

image.jpeg

Brandon LaFell was targeted 9 times yesterday. He leads the NFL in most targets (56) without a touchdown.

Lafell has arguably been the worst starting WR in the NFL this season. He's averaging about 3.6 receptions 52 yards 0 TDs a game.

People are saying he's a fine #2 WR, but he's been one of, if the worst #2 in the league. He can't even get #2 WR numbers as a #1.

I just think it's a storyline worth following even when Gronk/Edelman return. BB did bench Lafell for Dobson in the Bills game before Dobson got hurt.

Sadly, there is noone at all to push Lafell for a starting spot.

Why can't we just draft and develop a good outside two fast WR. Is it really that hard? The steelers do it all the time
The Steelers run a completely different kind of offense.

View attachment 11492

Brandon LaFell was targeted 9 times yesterday. He leads the NFL in most targets (56) without a touchdown.

Lafell has arguably been the worst starting WR in the NFL this season. He's averaging about 3.6 receptions 52 yards 0 TDs a game.

People are saying he's a fine #2 WR, but he's been one of, if the worst #2 in the league. He can't even get #2 WR numbers as a #1.

I just think it's a storyline worth following even when Gronk/Edelman return. BB did bench Lafell for Dobson in the Bills game before Dobson got hurt.

Sadly, there is noone at all to push Lafell for a starting spot.

I don't think its all on LaFell.

Overall, in the last 4 games Brady is completed ~50% of his throws.

The problem is global in nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back