PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will not last the season.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady loses for now, good luck the rest of the way.....

BruschiOnTap said:
I'm with you, Brady can't be thrilled with how things have turned out so far... I'm just as excited as anybody else about Chad Jackson but having lost both Branch AND Givens when we had ample time/money to resign either or both... it makes me wanna trade my kool-aid for a shot of Cuervo. Yeah, it would have cost a little more than we wanted to pay but having a guy in perfect tune with your QB is tough to put a price on when you're facing a big 3rd and 6.

On the flip side, I'm giddy about having another #1 pick next year and the possibile trade packages we might put together before week 6. Best just look at my kool-aid as half full...

Its amazing how people say that the Patriots had ample time and money to sign Branch and Givens are putting ALL the onus on the Patriots. You ever stop to think that the Other side of the equation (Branch and Givens) didn't want to re-sign with the Patriots? To my knowledge, Branch turned down 3 contract extension offers. Given turned down 2. Both players were offered deals that were above average offers for players who had shown glimpses of greatness but a lack of consistency.

I'd rather have the Patriots pay money for under-appreciated middle talent than over-pay for inconsisten players with delusions of granduer.

shmessy said:
Arrellbee, THEARCHIVES never saw the game. He's probably some pimply teenager in Kentucky with a Fantasy Football League. He sees Brady's stat line yesterday and has no idea that 5 balls were batted down, etc.

Chances are, he never heard of a Left Tackle, not to mention the fact that ours was playing his first game back from a broken leg and the Bills DE's and LB's used him as a trampoline.

HA, your funny! You want to question my football knowledge? Have you ever played organized football in your lifetime? I played football in high school so I think I know a little bit about the game of football. So when people like you that call yourself a "moderator" and who knows how the hell anyone made you "moderator" is mind boggling. "Moderators" don't critize and crucify when fans express their opinions. I will admit some of my posts are made for kicks, that some of you still can't get over and take it way too personal. Most of the stuff I post however are legit arguements that is too difficult to express on this board because if someone talks bad about their "almighty" Patriots then he shall be crucified! I don't panic about the Pats I just state the obvious and what they need to do to improve their football team. There are many other people that would agree with me that the Pats should have signed Branch. As a former QB in high school, when you develop a relationship/rhythm with a WR, TE, ect. in the passing game and then your team gets rid of your best reciever pisses off QB's. If you think Brady isn't mad then your are just a naive, biased "moderator" who should be stipped of that title. You just got served bro!

Last edited:
If only the 2006 Patriots had a WR squad as amazing and game-changing as the 2001 squad which set all those receiving records and put so much pressure on defensive backs. What with the amazing vertical passing game and big target tight ends they had that year. Guys like JR Redmond, Rod Rutledge, Dave Stachelski, Fred Coleman and Bert Emanuel.

But yeah basically we are all headed for disaster might as well start looking at top 10 draft picks now because holy **** we're doomed.

DaBruinz said:
Its amazing how people say that the Patriots had ample time and money to sign Branch and Givens are putting ALL the onus on the Patriots. You ever stop to think that the Other side of the equation (Branch and Givens) didn't want to re-sign with the Patriots? To my knowledge, Branch turned down 3 contract extension offers. Given turned down 2. Both players were offered deals that were above average offers for players who had shown glimpses of greatness but a lack of consistency.

I'd rather have the Patriots pay money for under-appreciated middle talent than over-pay for inconsisten players with delusions of granduer.

The real question then is: Why did Branch, Givens, and Vinatieri not want to re-sign with the Patriots?

My impression is that these key players were dead-set on leaving team regardless. They couldn't wait to get on the first bus out of town.

Brady won't last the season? I think you're right.

Koppen's out with a bum shoulder. Graham has a bum shoulder. Light has a broken leg. TWO rookies on the OL. Hochstein at center, good grief, any old sapp can take him out. And worst of all, Gorin at RT.

Oh. That was last year.

Whew. I was getting all sweaty, there. You got me all a-dither.

THEARCHIVES said:
Oh my goosh I put my foot in my mouth on a fan board! I'm so worried what other people will think of me on a Pats fan board. I will schedule a visit right away bro! Thanks for the heads up. Jackass!
For someone who doesn't care you sure got your panties all in a bunch about it.
Is it that time of month?

Cmon guys, lets not be too hard on "THEARCHIVES". We do need someone to fuel "The sky is falling, we're all gonna die .......". Remember this is the Patriots, in each of the 3 Super Bowl wins the Pats have had to overcome adversity, whether it is the Drew Bledsoe going down, injuries, no Milloy, no Ty Law, rookie cornerbacks, whatever!!

Now this year its:
"we have no receivers, theres no way we can win without Branch, Brady's going to get killed".

Ahh yes, contrived or real this adversity is just what the Patriots need, now I can finally sleep easier.

Bella*chick said:
Just for your use of the word "a-dither", you have now become my new favorite poster.

Oh really! Go ahead and break another piece of my heart.

But, when you dump someone you should do it to move up - not down.:(

Hey!
Why did the thread title change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore