PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will not last the season.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know it's the first game of the season and lots of teams are rusty coming out of the gates, but if the first game is any indication, Brady will have a hard time lasting the season. Brady clearly has NO RECIEVERS TO THROW TO! The O-line had a hard time blocking the Bills D-line at times and when Brady did get passes off, he was getting clocked in the process. When ever they showed Brady on the sidelines you could clearly tell that "something" was bothering him. I'm not trying to be a hater or downer, just a realist. I'm not a homer and I don't drink the Kool-aid. I will admit that I thought it was a great idea for the Patriots to let Deion hold out. However, after watching Brady struggle as much as he did the Pats need to re-evaluate the Branch situation no matter how wrong Deion may be, he is the only reciever not named Brown that Brady has shown to rely heavily on. Branch is important to Brady's success and the rest of the team. I think Deion is wrong, but for pete's sakes Patriots, sometimes you may have to overpay in order to keep your "CORE" intact. A "win is a win" but the Pats played like ****! Oh yeah, tell me why the Pats traded for Doug Gabriel again? Why wasn't he playing today? They really could have used him against the Bills. I know he will contribute in time but geez, Brady literatly had only two recievers on the field today. My bad, Childress came in around the late 3rd of 4th quarter. I'm not hitting the panic button, yet. But if this keeps re-occuring in the upcoming weeks, the Pats will have a hard time against the elite teams in the AFC.

THEARCHIVES said:
I know it's the first game of the season and lots of teams are rusty coming out of the gates, but if the first game is any indication, Brady will have a hard time lasting the season. Brady clearly has NO RECIEVERS TO THROW TO! The O-line had a hard time blocking the Bills D-line at times and when Brady did get passes off, he was getting clocked in the process. When ever they showed Brady on the sidelines you could clearly tell that "something" was bothering him. I'm not trying to be a hater or downer, just a realist. I'm not a homer and I don't drink the Kool-aid. I will admit that I thought it was a great idea for the Patriots to let Deion hold out. However, after watching Brady struggle as much as he did the Pats need to re-evaluate the Branch situation no matter how wrong Deion may be, he is the only reciever not named Brown that Brady has shown to rely heavily on. Branch is important to Brady's success and the rest of the team. I think Deion is wrong, but for pete's sakes Patriots, sometimes you may have to overpay in order to keep your "CORE" intact. A "win is a win" but the Pats played like ****! Oh yeah, tell me why the Pats traded for Doug Gabriel again? Why wasn't he playing today? They really could have used him against the Bills. I know he will contribute in time but geez, Brady literatly had only two recievers on the field today. My bad, Childress came in around the late 3rd of 4th quarter. I'm not hitting the panic button, yet. But if this keeps re-occuring in the upcoming weeks, the Pats will have a hard time against the elite teams in the AFC.

don't be so dramatic - gabriel and jackson should play next week.
it was first game and it's not uncommon for all teams to struggle some at first - look around the league today!
also give the bills alot of credit for playing so fired up.

we still won and things will improve weekly.

unbelievable

once again, I disagree with pretty much everything you post

I think the Red Sox are still playing...feel free to head over to a Sox forum for some gratuitous whining...

Gabriel didn't play because of his hamstring. The same thing that kept Steve Smith out of the game for Carolina. He also hasn't had a ton of time to work with Brady.

I think bringing Branch back and caving would be a panic move. Its faaaaaaaaaar from panic time folks. Without Gabriel and Jackson we are basically without two of our top two receivers.

TheArchives is right. Gabriel and Jackson STUNK yesterday!

i dont agree to bring back branch just because of the contract dispute . but i also think gabriel and jackson will make little difference till mid season since they havent had a Training camp with brady to get in sync. this receiver situation at best will get getter by the 8th or 9th game IMHO.

1. way to support your team!!! such an encouragment.

2. i can't believe that TB only let 3 WR be active for this game so he had nobody to throw to. how dare he do that.

3. i assume that you being visually impared kept you from watching the whole second half of the game when the pats made the adjustments they needed for the win.

4. i am so glad that this is week 10 when everybody feels great and comfy with the team and their role.

Gabriel was brought in so we could learn the Raiders playbook. :D

I see....so last year, every other thread posted was about how poor the defense was playing and this year it is the WR situation.

Last year was my first year here, so I'm going to take a wild guess and assume there were similar things that were panicked about in the previous years.

It's kind of comforting to know that some things don't ever change.

Bella*chick said:
I see....so last year, every other thread posted was about how poor the defense was playing and this year it is the WR situation.

Last year was my first year here, so I'm going to take a wild guess and assume there were similar things that were panicked about in the previous years.

Hurumph, don't be so persnickety about other people's concerns, myself, I'm still all a-dither about those darned towel and water boys, they're too slow for this league and it's affecting every aspect of the game when we need to be our sharpest. If NEM would just hush-up about his darned Offensive Coordinator and focus on the real problem - fresh towels! Every draft I expect BB to bring in some 4x400 relay men, and he never does, just picks up castoffs after the fact and doesn't even have a position coach for them. :rolleyes:

It's a little early in the season to panic. They had one bad half, made adjustments and won the game (albeit through a safety). Of course it's going to be tough getting used to new personnel. Deion and Brady had a great relationship going but, one of Brady's greatest strengths, is that he throws to who's open and not necessarily to his *binkie* all the time (the way some QB's become dependent on. Give Gabriel a chance to learn the offense and Brady'll be fine. It's the first game of the season no need to blow it out of proportion. Carolina, Denver & Dallas all lost (and they were pre-season favorites) should they panic?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
THEARCHIVES said:

You are over reacting to the extreme. It was one game. Brady has had worse. The offensive line has had worse. Chill.

THEARCHIVES said:
Brady will have a hard time lasting the season.

Brady clearly has NO RECIEVERS TO THROW TO!

Oh yeah, tell me why the Pats traded for Doug Gabriel again? Why wasn't he playing today? They really could have used him against the Bills.

I'm not hitting the panic button.
I can't wait until you do. :D

Though you are probably right about Gabriel. If he was in the lineup we probably would have won the game.

So far this team reminds me of the 2001 team. Gets wins, but no style points. 2001 was a disappointment to those who wanted the Pats to dominate, to lead from whistle to whistle, and to do it while looking good.

This 2006 team is going to give a heart attack to those people. The 2006 Pats will win with style,not character. Look for Borgesto have as much fun as he did in 2001, blasting every Pats win. Add Felger to the mix this year.

It's going to be an panic-ridden season, that's for sure.

But as in 2001, there will be a ton of people cheering them on in January and December. Me, I'll be wearing my Ty Law quote T-shirt: Front: If you didn't believe, Back: Don't talk to me now.

Enjoy the ride. You know you'll be with them in the end. Why waste the season in a swamp of despair? Enjoy it while it plays out. You'll have much fonder memories.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Hurumph, don't be so persnickety about other people's concerns, myself, I'm still all a-dither about those darned towel and water boys, they're too slow for this league and it's affecting every aspect of the game when we need to be our sharpest. If NEM would just hush-up about his darned Offensive Coordinator and focus on the real problem - fresh towels! Every draft I expect BB to bring in some 4x400 relay men, and he never does, just picks up castoffs after the fact and doesn't even have a position coach for them. :rolleyes:

Just for your use of the word "a-dither", you have now become my new favorite poster.

THEARCHIVES said:

The first game isn't any indication. We were short our top three receivers, (I believe ability wise, though Jackson and Gabriel need to show it) and at least 2 of them will play next week.

Branch will likely be with the team by next week also IMO.

Sorry, I just skimmed the rest of your post when I saw the "pay him whatever he wants" type stuff.

THEARCHIVES said:

Don't hurt an ankle jumping off..........

They won..........it wasn't the best of games. But if you watched any of the other NFL games yesterday, you would see that the other teams that were suppose to kick ass this year, didn't exactly have sparkling season openers, Colts, Panthers, and Titans got beat up by the Jets. Those were the games I watched.

We won.......we are 1-0. That is a good thing.

Bella*chick said:

i remember that :p

Flying Fungi said:
unbelievable

once again, I disagree with pretty much everything you post

I think the Red Sox are still playing...feel free to head over to a Sox forum for some gratuitous whining...

Would you like another refill on your kool-aid? That is probably why you disagree with everything I say. The Pats never do anything wrong and whatever they do must be right. If you think the Pats don't have any flaws then your unbelievable. Don't be a homer bro! I'm just warning you fans, the Pats better give Brady some more guys to throw to or else he will take more time in the pocket which could lead to more sacks and hits.

Bella*chick said:
Just for your use of the word "a-dither", you have now become my new favorite poster.
Thank you kind lady, it emotes so much better than flustered. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes