PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not in the Patriots best interests... But...

Well at least you admit it's not in their best interest. I can respect that. Your take is at least genuine and understandable. Even if I disagree with it.

If we win both games then we finish with 4 outta the last 5 with 4 of those opponents at least in the playoff race. Definitely something to build off of for next year and would mean something if it happens

I’m fine if the team take the OT from Penn State or Notes Dame, it’s a massive need and those guys at the very least project to be elite.

The scary thing about Maye is he ended the year playing like crap and he’s failed against even some mediocre competition.

Nothing about Maye screams franchise QB.

Look at teams like the Browns and Jets who have spent 1st round picks on QBs for the past two decades. They've been stuck in mediocrity for 20+ years.

Build the team inside out, sign a vet QB and a developmental QB in the 2nd round. Keep Zappe. He's shown that he can run the offense competently at the very least.

Nothing about Maye screams franchise QB.

Look at teams like the Browns and Jets who have spent 1st round picks on QBs for the past two decades. They've been stuck in mediocrity for 20+ years.

Build the team inside out, sign a vet QB and a developmental QB in the 2nd round. Keep Zappe. He's shown that he can run the offense competently at the very least.
Everything you say is true except the last 2 parts. I agree with signing a vet QB.

But 2nd round QBs onward have only a 3% chance of making it (last 25 years). In the last several years, the first rounders are succeeding at a 28% clip.

I envy the teams that have found their QBs. It sure makes things very easy. I think they need to swing for the fences knowing the chances are against them.

Everything you say is true except the last 2 parts. I agree with signing a vet QB.

But 2nd round QBs onward have only a 3% chance of making it (last 25 years). In the last several years, the first rounders are succeeding at a 28% clip.

I envy the teams that have found their QBs. It sure makes things very easy. I think they need to swing for the fences knowing the chances are against them.
That is why I'm on the you have to lose to win bandwagon. I don't mind us losing the next two while playing well Draft position is most important thing right now.

That is why I'm on the you have to lose to win bandwagon. I don't mind us losing the next two while playing well Draft position is most important thing right now.
It doesn't really matter because no one knows who will be the best between Daniels, Williams and Maye. If the scouts knew, they wouldn't make so many mistakes.

Remember, Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones were drafted before Josh Allen. They all went in the top 7.

It doesn't really matter because no one knows who will be the best between Daniels, Williams and Maye. If the scouts knew, they wouldn't make so many mistakes.

Remember, Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones were drafted before Josh Allen. They all went in the top 7.
In those Drafts sometimes the better players weren't QB's. I think in 24 those three QB's are going in the Top 4. MHJr - Williams - Daniels and Maye. I think the WR comes off the board First then Arizona could become a serious Trade spot. I think the Cardinals like their QB but Washington -New England and the NY Giants all need QBs 3 - 4 and 5 as they currently stand. I think Fields definitely turned the corner this year so Chicago could pass on a QB very early. That said I really like Four QB's for us the aforementioned Three and Bo Nix in the late first.

One player who should be on the watch list is Justin Fields he has played well this year. The Bears have a decision to make would you Trade for Fields if the Bears fall in love with C Williams?? I would and I don't think it costs us a First I would do it for a Second and Mac Jones in them in mix... again what do you think??

One player who should be on the watch list is Justin Fields he has played well this year. The Bears have a decision to make would you Trade for Fields if the Bears fall in love with C Williams?? I would and I don't think it costs us a First I would do it for a Second and Mac Jones in them in mix... again what do you think??
I like Fields. If they can't land a QB I'd give him a shot.

However, I would not give up this year's 2nd rounder for him. The team needs a LT. Immediately.

It would have to be a 3rd rounder this year coupled with a 2nd in future years, or a first 2 years from now.

Getting less and less confident of getting a #1 WR in free agency. Everything I’ve seen is Higgins, Ridley and Pittman getting franchised. Leaves Evans as the only real #1 option if that happens.

I want us to play HARD and coach HARD and be in the game right until the end....then LOSE. Sorry, I really want the highest possible draft position. It's in the best interest of the franchise. Even if we got pick #2 rather than #5, we have more options. We could trade back for a HAUL to a team that really wants Maye or Williams and still get the guy we want. I'm hoping I never have to feel this way again or at least for another 20+ years. That's why I think it's important to get the higher picks. More control, more options and hopefully more talent and a competitive team next season! Go PATS!

I want us to play HARD and coach HARD and be in the game right until the end....then LOSE. Sorry, I really want the highest possible draft position. It's in the best interest of the franchise. Even if we got pick #2 rather than #5, we have more options. We could trade back for a HAUL to a team that really wants Maye or Williams and still get the guy we want. I'm hoping I never have to feel this way again or at least for another 20+ years. That's why I think it's important to get the higher picks. More control, more options and hopefully more talent and a competitive team next season! Go PATS!
Completely rational.

And I hate it lol... Not really as I understand where you are coming from.

I like Fields. If they can't land a QB I'd give him a shot.

However, I would not give up this year's 2nd rounder for him. The team needs a LT. Immediately.

It would have to be a 3rd rounder this year coupled with a 2nd in future years, or a first 2 years from now.
We would still have a First we could get creative with it and take a Offensive Tackle in the First.

Getting less and less confident of getting a #1 WR in free agency. Everything I’ve seen is Higgins, Ridley and Pittman getting franchised. Leaves Evans as the only real #1 option if that happens.
Bengals still have the Great J Chase know how to Draft WRs franchising Higgins would be a waste of their cap. Ridley I really like I think Pittman was locked up contract wise last year. That said 2024 is Great year for WR's really Strong class overall.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back