PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will not last the season.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
THEARCHIVES said:
Would you like another refill on your kool-aid? That is probably why you disagree with everything I say. The Pats never do anything wrong and whatever they do must be right. If you think the Pats don't have any flaws then your unbelievable. Don't be a homer bro! I'm just warning you fans, the Pats better give Brady some more guys to throw to or else he will take more time in the pocket which could lead to more sacks and hits.
Perhaps if you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that no matter who was playing receiver for the Patriots yesterday, they wouldn't have gotten the ball in the first half. If blitzers are allowed to run free to the quarterback, and offensive linemen consistently lose matchups (physical and speed) to down pass rushers, you are not going to get the ball off. Only knee jerkers that don't know what they're seeing will instantly blame yesterday's first half on there being "no guys to throw to." Predictably lame observations. You haven't gotten off to any better start than the Patriots have.

Its so funny when people start critizicing the WR position, when it was the pass protection that failed yesterday. We need better WRs, in that I agree, but making a big fuss about it after one game is ridiculous... We'll be better...

Also, the Bills are a lot better than anyone imagined...

THEARCHIVES said:
I know it's the first game of the season and lots of teams are rusty coming out of the gates, but if the first game is any indication, Brady will have a hard time lasting the season. Brady clearly has NO RECIEVERS TO THROW TO! The O-line had a hard time blocking the Bills D-line at times and when Brady did get passes off, he was getting clocked in the process. When ever they showed Brady on the sidelines you could clearly tell that "something" was bothering him. I'm not trying to be a hater or downer, just a realist. I'm not a homer and I don't drink the Kool-aid. I will admit that I thought it was a great idea for the Patriots to let Deion hold out. However, after watching Brady struggle as much as he did the Pats need to re-evaluate the Branch situation no matter how wrong Deion may be, he is the only reciever not named Brown that Brady has shown to rely heavily on. Branch is important to Brady's success and the rest of the team. I think Deion is wrong, but for pete's sakes Patriots, sometimes you may have to overpay in order to keep your "CORE" intact. A "win is a win" but the Pats played like ****! Oh yeah, tell me why the Pats traded for Doug Gabriel again? Why wasn't he playing today? They really could have used him against the Bills. I know he will contribute in time but geez, Brady literatly had only two recievers on the field today. My bad, Childress came in around the late 3rd of 4th quarter. I'm not hitting the panic button, yet. But if this keeps re-occuring in the upcoming weeks, the Pats will have a hard time against the elite teams in the AFC.
PANIC!!!! :bricks:

Originally Posted by Bella*chick
Just for your use of the word "a-dither", you have now become my new favorite poster.
Box_O_Rocks said:
Thank you kind lady, it emotes so much better than flustered. :)
And here I thought that only little old ladies got "a-dither". Learn something every day. But then ..... :) :) :)

Pats67 said:
Perhaps if you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that no matter who was playing receiver for the Patriots yesterday, they wouldn't have gotten the ball in the first half. If blitzers are allowed to run free to the quarterback, and offensive linemen consistently lose matchups (physical and speed) to down pass rushers, you are not going to get the ball off. Only knee jerkers that don't know what they're seeing will instantly blame yesterday's first half on there being "no guys to throw to." Predictably lame observations. You haven't gotten off to any better start than the Patriots have.

The guy who won't last the season is Matt Light, if he keeps playing the way he did Sunday. Schobel beat him like a drum all day, even with the improvement in the second half. He seems to have Light's number, and I'd prefer that the team not have to slide Kaczur out there in his place, but as poorly as Light played, it might come to that if he doesn't improve. Thankfully, he likely will, and he only has to face Schobel once more and Jason Taylor (the other DE that owns him) twice more. But you're absolutely right, what was disrupting the passing game yesterday wasn't a lack of pass catchers (how many times did they have 5 guys split out wide, usually with a tight end and back taking two of those spots? 10 or 12 times?), but a lack of protection in the first half.

Flying Fungi said:
unbelievable

once again, I disagree with pretty much everything you post

I think the Red Sox are still playing...feel free to head over to a Sox forum for some gratuitous whining...

Hear ! Hear!!

And stay there forthe NEXT 86 years along with the Green Monstrosity and its induced warped ballclubs... (Who was the last Sux lefty 20 game winner?, Don't know? Why not? You have that ace SUX coverage to rely on...)

Brady loses for now, good luck the rest of the way.....

If the Pats don't get back Gabriel and Jackson and the Pats stop playing these injury "games" which is getting really old then say a prayer for Brady cause the O-Line stinks at pass blocking. Is Jackson going to play this season or not? Good luck finding an open reciever! If I were Brady I would be pissed at Patriots management. Jackson and Gabriel better get their ass on the field by week 2 and contribute! Enough with the bull**** with they don't know the playbook, they have been playing their whole lives. Did these recievers suddenly become illiterate? Patriots management sometimes irratates the **** out of me. I am happy the recieved a first round pick for Branch but that may fix the problem down the road when Tom Brady is in the hospital with Trent Green.

Last edited:
Re: Brady loses for now, good luck the rest of the way.....

THEARCHIVES said:
If the Pats don't get back Gabriel and Jackson and the Pats stop playing these injury "games" which is getting really old then say a prayer for Brady cause the O-Line stinks at pass blocking. Is Jackson going to play this season or not? Good luck finding an open reciever! If I were Brady I would be pissed at Patriots management. Jackson and Gabriel better get their ass on the field by week 2 and contribute! Enough with the bull**** with they don't know the playbook, they have been playing their whole lives. Did these recievers suddenly become illiterate? Patriots management sometimes irratates the **** out of me. I am happy the recieved a first round pick for Branch but that may fix the problem down the road when Tom Brady is in the hospital with Trent Green.

:rolleyes:

I just want to say to Deion Branch.....

Your a piece of **** in my book! You greedy son of a *****! Goodbye and good ridance!

THEARCHIVES said:

The sky is falling! Hate to say this cause I loved Givens and Branch. Brady made them what they are today. We didn't have a great receiving core in 2001 but we had suitable players like Patten and Brown. Tom Brady always utilized his tight ends more than I've seen on other teams and with the running game the Patriots are sporting I think we will be fine.

Last edited:

THEARCHIVES said:
you don't get it do you?

nope, don't know your style of posts sorry. Some people actually think like this...

THEARCHIVES said:
I know it's the first game of the season and lots of teams are rusty coming out of the gates, but if the first game is any indication, Brady will have a hard time lasting the season. Brady clearly has NO RECIEVERS TO THROW TO!
Maybe you are just making a point, but it's really too strong a statement. First, you really do have to take into account what the game plan was. When there were 41 rushing plays versus 23 passing plays, you have to figure that either the game plan was to find out what the running game could do or that the Bills defensive sets were taking away the pass and making the running plays the much better choice. If you want to assume that it was because Belichick had no confidence in the passing game, you are welcome to assume that - but I just don't think that is how he operates.

Also, of course, is that fact that both TDs were scored on passes.

And, as far as I know, TEs are considered receivers. And in the Pats game, don't you also have to agree that Faulk and other RBs are receivers ?

OK, so maybe you want to comment just on WR.
Brady threw to Caldwell 4 times.
= 1-13:38 was a long fly. Either Brady threw a step too far or Caldwell was a step too slow. But Caldwell leaped and got a hand on it or it may well have been an interception.
= 2-7:21 - ball was tipped. No chance for Caldwell.
= 3-8:50 - 2nd and 7; 9 yard completion for a 1st down. Drive ended in TD.
= 4-11:28 - 1st and 10; 24 yard completion for a 1st down. Drive ended in FG.

Brady threw to Brown 3 times.
= 1-10:47 - 9 yard completion for TD.
= 1-3:01 - incompletion - Brady threw the ball as he was pulled down.
= 3-4:56 - 1st and 10 at Buffalo 33 - 9 yard completion. Drive ended in TD.

IMHO, that's not exactly NO RECEIVERS.

THEARCHIVES said:
The O-line had a hard time blocking the Bills D-line at times and when Brady did get passes off, he was getting clocked in the process.
I tend to agree with you. I didn't go through and figure out how many pressures there were, but there were 3 sacks out of 23 pass attempts and 2 tipped balls by Schobel - that accounts for 5 of the 12 incompletions. That doesn't seem like a good O-line performance. But if that's the problem, why does that lead you to judge that it is a huge WR problem rather than an O-line pass blocking problem ?? ??

THEARCHIVES said:
When ever they showed Brady on the sidelines you could clearly tell that "something" was bothering him. I'm not trying to be a hater or downer, just a realist.
See above

THEARCHIVES said:
I'm not a homer and I don't drink the Kool-aid. I will admit that I thought it was a great idea for the Patriots to let Deion hold out. However, after watching Brady struggle as much as he did the Pats need to re-evaluate the Branch situation no matter how wrong Deion may be, he is the only reciever not named Brown that Brady has shown to rely heavily on. Branch is important to Brady's success and the rest of the team. I think Deion is wrong, but for pete's sakes Patriots, sometimes you may have to overpay in order to keep your "CORE" intact.
Well, I have asked this dozens of times, but I have never gotten an answer. Which of the 'middle class' players are you willing to give up in order to 'overpay' some players ? And you HAVE to answer that question to justify changing the overall approach of the Patriots. You can't just avoid it on some vague basis of 'there's enough money' - there isn't. It's a fixed cap. You could certainly make the case that there's enough money at the moment to pay Branch right now. But if you advocate that, you have to have a pretty darn good explanation about why that wouldn't be setting a ruinous precedent that would lead other players holding out or at least foul up the possibility of the Patriots signing players to reasonable extensions before their contract is up. Maybe you think it would be no problem, but I strongly suspect the Patriots would disagree with you. And what' wrong with the Belichick/Pioli approach anyway ? 3 superbowls doesn't count for anything ?

I guess that the Patriots have answered that question anyway. Rather than change their philosophy and open the door to chaos, they just traded Branch rather than 'overpay' him. Even though they absolutely 'needed him'. But maybe you can come back at the end of the season and say 'I told you so'. Somehow or another, I'm not rooting for that. But maybe that's just me.

THEARCHIVES said:
A "win is a win" but the Pats played like ****! Oh yeah, tell me why the Pats traded for Doug Gabriel again? Why wasn't he playing today?
That does your credibility no good. How about that he was on the injury report with a hamstring ? Or even more, how about that he has had so few practice reps with Brady ?

THEARCHIVES said:
They really could have used him against the Bills.
Earlier you seem to make a big point about receivers that Brady can 'rely on'. Does Gabriel fall into that category ? Somehow, I rather think that Brady was much more familiar with Childress. But maybe that's just me.

THEARCHIVES, bandwagon fan. He attacks his team for a bad game and proclaims our season is dead because Brady will not last. Give me a break. The Bills were fiesty and pumped. Besides the Spikes burst through it was really hot pressure by them, and they did a great job.

THEARCHIVES said:
you don't get it do you?

On the contrary, many of us are rolling our eyes because we believe that it's YOU that doesn't 'get it'.

Ah well, at least your signature is 'tight'.

Brownfan80 said:
On the contrary, many of us are rolling our eyes because we believe that it's YOU that doesn't 'get it'.

Ah well, at least your signature is 'tight'.

Yeah sure I don't get it! Because I'm critical of the Pats means I don't get it, right? Sorry I don't drink the kool-aid on a daily basis and my arguement is warranted. Brady had a great relationship with Branch and the fact of the matter is, is that the Pats organization is as arrogant as they come. This may be their downfall in time. We shall see.

THEARCHIVES' thread title: "Re: Brady loses for now, good luck the rest of the way..... "

Good luck this year to your team, too!

Pats67 said:

wow, you don't get it! having recievers actually get open will allow Brady to get rid of the ball quickly and hide their other flaws such as the pass protection. KOOL AID DRINKER!

Brady has to be pissed. Let's face it fellas, I drink the Kool Aid as much as possible, but today, the Kood aid's tasting a little sour. For a team that is supposedly so sharp fiscally, I think they dropped the ball with both Givens and Branch. Why? Cuz they could have avoided loosing both, especially Givens, had they done what most prudent organizations do, and sign their player ahead of free agency. Givens & Branch are both mid 20's players. Young, understanding of the system, and ultimate team guys. Niether are old and declining. Had the Pats gone to Givens last year, they could have signed him cheap. Branch may have been a tad tougher to sign, but they certainly could have gotten him had they acted ahead of schedule.

Kdo5 said:
THEARCHIVES, bandwagon fan. He attacks his team for a bad game and proclaims our season is dead because Brady will not last. Give me a break. The Bills were fiesty and pumped. Besides the Spikes burst through it was really hot pressure by them, and they did a great job.

If being a fan of the Pats for 10 years straight is bandwagon fan then I guess I am. I don't like anyother football team other then the Pats. Sorry I critize the Pats and voice my opinion. If the Pats kept Branch and Jackson actually gets on the field I thought this team would get back to the superbowl no problem. We will see who is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes