PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will not last the season.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I just want to say to Deion Branch.....

Grow up...this is the real world. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the Pats.

Re: Brady loses for now, good luck the rest of the way.....

THEARCHIVES said:
If the Pats don't get back Gabriel and Jackson and the Pats stop playing these injury "games" which is getting really old then say a prayer for Brady cause the O-Line stinks at pass blocking. Is Jackson going to play this season or not? Good luck finding an open reciever! If I were Brady I would be pissed at Patriots management. Jackson and Gabriel better get their ass on the field by week 2 and contribute! Enough with the bull**** with they don't know the playbook, they have been playing their whole lives. Did these recievers suddenly become illiterate? Patriots management sometimes irratates the **** out of me. I am happy the recieved a first round pick for Branch but that may fix the problem down the road when Tom Brady is in the hospital with Trent Green.
I hope you will pardon me if I think there is a possibility of 'life after Branch'. But I certainly wouldn't want to force you to drink kool-aid - that would be unkind.

One think would make me happy though - could you explain to me what the WR issue has to do with the O-line blocking ? That is really puzzling me.

By the way, if I had to make a judgment - I think if the O-line gets it's act together (which seems like a no-brainer) then I really think that Brady will do just fine in the passing game, even without Branch. Or do you think he has lost the capability to find a lot of different receiving targets ? Maybe you know something the rest of us don't. Please enlighten.

THEARCHIVES said:
If being a fan of the Pats for 10 years straight is bandwagon fan then I guess I am. I don't like anyother football team other then the Pats. Sorry I critize the Pats and voice my opinion. If the Pats kept Branch and Jackson actually gets on the field I thought this team would get back to the superbowl no problem. We will see who is right.
Ofcourse you can voice your opinion but you dont need 2 threads saying that Brady wont last the season and that the Patriots are doomed. :rolleyes:

shmessy said:
THEARCHIVES' thread title: "Re: Brady loses for now, good luck the rest of the way..... "

Good luck this year to your team, too!

How the hell are you a moderator? You don't make any sense. Good luck this year to your team too. Who are you?

THEARCHIVES said:
I know it's the first game of the season and lots of teams are rusty coming out of the gates, but if the first game is any indication, Brady will have a hard time lasting the season.

I was out mowing my lawn and all of a sudden a chunk of something blue hit me in the head. Is that damn sky falling again?

arrellbee said:
One think would make me happy though - could you explain to me what the WR issue has to do with the O-line blocking ? That is really puzzling me.

By the way, if I had to make a judgment - I think if the O-line gets it's act together (which seems like a no-brainer) then I really think that Brady will do just fine in the passing game, even without Branch. Or do you think he has lost the capability to find a lot of different receiving targets ? Maybe you know something the rest of us don't. Please enlighten.

Arrellbee, THEARCHIVES never saw the game. He's probably some pimply teenager in Kentucky with a Fantasy Football League. He sees Brady's stat line yesterday and has no idea that 5 balls were batted down, etc.

Chances are, he never heard of a Left Tackle, not to mention the fact that ours was playing his first game back from a broken leg and the Bills DE's and LB's used him as a trampoline.

Real World said:
Brady has to be pissed. Let's face it fellas, I drink the Kool Aid as much as possible, but today, the Kood aid's tasting a little sour. For a team that is supposedly so sharp fiscally, I think they dropped the ball with both Givens and Branch. Why? Cuz they could have avoided loosing both, especially Givens, had they done what most prudent organizations do, and sign their player ahead of free agency. Givens & Branch are both mid 20's players. Young, understanding of the system, and ultimate team guys. Niether are old and declining. Had the Pats gone to Givens last year, they could have signed him cheap. Branch may have been a tad tougher to sign, but they certainly could have gotten him had they acted ahead of schedule.

Givens wouldn't sign any deal from NE, even the one they eventually offered, lsat year. You are right that 18mm over 4 years would have been enough to get him to sign in 2004, though. But had he earned it then?

If by "ahead of schedule" you mean in 2004, then I agree with you. But, remember, as of then Deion hadn't played a full season yet in the NFL. Was he good enough to take a flyer on? Probably, but NE clearly didn't think so.

I will agree with people who say that guys should have been approached earlier to a point. Most of the dollars earned were earned *after* these supposed deals should have been consumated, and it is the wasted money spent that hurts a team the most.

All that said, I want NE to go after Koppen hard. Unlike Branch, Koppen is unquestionably one of the top 10 centers in the game, and he has been far healthier than Deion. I hope that a good portion of the cap goes to Dan. I would also like to see Samuel land Wilson ocked up, and I think they can get them a little cheap due to the down years last year. But Koppen comes first.

The bandwagon is getting less crowded.

arrellbee said:
I hope you will pardon me if I think there is a possibility of 'life after Branch'. But I certainly wouldn't want to force you to drink kool-aid - that would be unkind.

It's pretty simple. I played QB in high School and the faster your recievers get open, the less time the o-line has to block. Pretty simple right? The Pats o-line did very well at run blocking but their pass blocking stinks! Almost everytime Brady threw the ball he had a hand in his face and got knocked down, HARD! Brady could have gotten sacked once but that doesn't translate to the o-line having a good pass blocking day. He could have gotten knocked down 23 times out of 23 pass attempts, that would equal a bad day for the o-line. Having better recievers on the field will help hide flaws the Pats o-line has in pass blocking. Does that help?

THEARCHIVES said:
Yeah sure I don't get it! Because I'm critical of the Pats means I don't get it, right? Sorry I don't drink the kool-aid on a daily basis and my arguement is warranted. Brady had a great relationship with Branch and the fact of the matter is, is that the Pats organization is as arrogant as they come. This may be their downfall in time. We shall see.

Since Branch got traded you've posted at least two (maybe three, maybe more) doom and gloom, sky is falling type of posts. Nothing changed today except that we garnered a first round pick. Branch already wasn't playing. So him being gone is no different, he was never here! The sky isn't falling any more today than it was yesterday or the day before that.

Just simmer down and let it ride. People reacted the same when Drew was traded, when Milloy was cut, when Law was let go, etc etc etc. It'll be alright.

Odlirama said:
The bandwagon is getting less crowded.

Aint that the truth!

Real World said:
Brady has to be pissed. Let's face it fellas, I drink the Kool Aid as much as possible, but today, the Kood aid's tasting a little sour. For a team that is supposedly so sharp fiscally, I think they dropped the ball with both Givens and Branch. Why? Cuz they could have avoided loosing both, especially Givens, had they done what most prudent organizations do, and sign their player ahead of free agency. Givens & Branch are both mid 20's players. Young, understanding of the system, and ultimate team guys. Niether are old and declining. Had the Pats gone to Givens last year, they could have signed him cheap. Branch may have been a tad tougher to sign, but they certainly could have gotten him had they acted ahead of schedule.

I'm with you, Brady can't be thrilled with how things have turned out so far... I'm just as excited as anybody else about Chad Jackson but having lost both Branch AND Givens when we had ample time/money to resign either or both... it makes me wanna trade my kool-aid for a shot of Cuervo. Yeah, it would have cost a little more than we wanted to pay but having a guy in perfect tune with your QB is tough to put a price on when you're facing a big 3rd and 6.

On the flip side, I'm giddy about having another #1 pick next year and the possibile trade packages we might put together before week 6. Best just look at my kool-aid as half full...

shmessy said:
Arrellbee, THEARCHIVES never saw the game. He's probably some pimply teenager in Kentucky with a Fantasy Football League. He sees Brady's stat line yesterday and has no idea that 5 balls were batted down, etc.

Chances are, he never heard of a Left Tackle, not to mention the fact that ours was playing his first game back from a broken leg and the Bills DE's and LB's used him as a trampoline.
shmessy, any chance you can merge a number of THE arcHIVES fine posts together (they're pretty much the same it seems) so folks can appreciate them all in one location?

THEARCHIVES said:
How the hell are you a moderator? You don't make any sense. Good luck this year to your team too. Who are you?

ROTFLMAO.

Man! You need to call your doctor and schedule a visit right away. I think you have a bad case of foot in mouth disease.

Ceresco said:
Aint that the truth!
I love it! More room for everybody else.

Brownfan80 said:
Since Branch got traded you've posted at least two (maybe three, maybe more) doom and gloom, sky is falling type of posts. Nothing changed today except that we garnered a first round pick. Branch already wasn't playing. So him being gone is no different, he was never here! The sky isn't falling any more today than it was yesterday or the day before that.

Just simmer down and let it ride. People reacted the same when Drew was traded, when Milloy was cut, when Law was let go, etc etc etc. It'll be alright.

All of your points are valid and you make a great arguement. Your right about me posting sky is falling type posts because I really liked Branch and felt he was good for the team. I feel bad mostly for Brady because they developed a good relationship over the years. Although we lost Branch I am very optimistic that when Jackson returns he has the talent to do very well in the NFL. I also like Doug Gabriel. I will credit the Pats in getting a first round pick for Branch and I'm sure they will draft another great player that will make me say "Branch who?". I still believe in this team and always will. However, the Pats will have a tough time making the playoffs if they keep playing catch-up with their opponents.

hmm. we went through 4 pre-season games and didn't have the pass protection problems we had yesterday, so maybe it had something to do specifically with the Bills. Therefore maybe it's something that can be corrected or maybe they were just flat or maybe it was an anomaly and it will never happen again.

Good God, how can people be SO reactionary?

Odlirama said:
ROTFLMAO.

Man! You need to call your doctor and schedule a visit right away. I think you have a bad case of foot in mouth disease.

Oh my goosh I put my foot in my mouth on a fan board! I'm so worried what other people will think of me on a Pats fan board. I will schedule a visit right away bro! Thanks for the heads up. Jackass!

Last edited:

Hoodie said:
hmm. we went through 4 pre-season games and didn't have the pass protection problems we had yesterday, so maybe it had something to do specifically with the Bills. Therefore maybe it's something that can be corrected or maybe they were just flat or maybe it was an anomaly and it will never happen again.

Good God, how can people be SO reactionary?

Hey I have a crazy idea for you. Maybe the protection was so good because opponents were playing a "vanilla" defense. Did you think about that? Also, I didn't think the pass protection was that great either.

THEARCHIVES said:
Yeah sure I don't get it! Because I'm critical of the Pats means I don't get it, right? Sorry I don't drink the kool-aid on a daily basis and my arguement is warranted. Brady had a great relationship with Branch and the fact of the matter is, is that the Pats organization is as arrogant as they come. This may be their downfall in time. We shall see.

Why are the Pats arrogant? Because they attempted to give Branch a contract Extension that would have paid him 6.6 million a year on the extension or because they attempted to give Branch an extension worth 6.25 million a year. Oh, and lets not forget that Branch and his agent never bothered to offer up a counter where they could have negotiated. The only ARROGANCE was shown by Branch and his garbage agent.

Your argument is flawed. Tremendously flawed.

Yes, Brady and Branch had a chemistry. However, BRANCH is the one who made the decision to part ways with the Patriots. Not the Patriots with Branch. If you are going to FAULT anyone, you should be faulting BRANCH. He's the one who made the arrogant decision to treat the Patriots like crap and not even attempt to negotiate with them.

Now, as for the O-line, I am amazed at how QBs around the league are getting hit late and its not being called. While Schoebel owned Light, you are acting like Schoebel is some 2nd tier DE whose not done anything in the league and that is very far from the truth. Schoebel is one of the best 4-3 DEs in the league, up there with Freeney and Peppers. Matt Light is a starting LT who is above average, but is coming back from a serious leg injury. Light played well, but could have played better.

I blame BRADY for some of the plays including the 2nd batted down ball. He saw Schoebel there but still decided to try and throw it. You need to give the O-line 2-3 games to gel before you can start knocking on them.

If this was game 10, then I'd be concerned, but its the 1st game of the season and any educated person knows that this team will get better as the year goes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back