PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will never be the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean, bud - physically or mentally ?

Not sure, BF but I think Brady is playing bad enough that I wouldn't be shocked that they might not be willing to let him do his usual thing.

For example, I wouldn't trust that Brady could hit the broad side of a barn beyond 40 yards downfield right now.

Lets cut Brady some slack, and just RELAX. It's a game! Plus, what is a better option right now?

Apparently Matt Cassel is a better option, according to the OP.

Last edited:
Brady played like **** today. Sure, I'll give anyone that. All you had to do was half ass watch the game and you could see it. He just doesn't have control of his arm yet. But calm down on Brady. It's not like we havent seen him play worse in games before. This was just really heart breaking is all. Brady will get back to form, and when he does, this team will capitalize on more of those miscues.

Now, time to talk about the real problem here. Our coaching staff.

2 losses this year, both coming as a result of the coaches not making the appropriate adjustments coming out of the half. Our defense is good, its young, and its fast. C'mon now Pees and BB. Let's stop holding their hands and let em get after it. The play calling on D was so vanilla it was sickening to watch.

The Offense is just not consistent. Some goes on Brady, but **** guys, at least hes coming back after a full season off and trying to come back from an injury. The lack of a consistent running game really hurts this team, and again, the play calling this game. Soft. Incredibly ******* soft.

Two things we learned today? The broncs are as advertised. A very well coached football team, with still....a lot of talent. Also, anyone who thought the refs were out to seal a SB trip for NE yet again, I hope you watched this game. Now go home, and stfu. Please.

Re: Brady

Jets made all sorts of changes on D, and they look pretty good to start the season.
The Broncos had a tumultuous off season, and let's face it, that D didn't get many sacks, and they only allowed 17 points.
Heck, the Giants have even lost a fair amount of players and a DC, and they still look dominant.

BBs game plans are not what they once where, imho. Idk if it's guys being used out of position, or the scheme is 'too complex' ... whatever.

I actually LIKE where were going right now. Look at how bad we looked week 1 against buffalo to where we are right now. Brady and welker still have some timing issues to work out but it wasnt nearly as bad as the first game was and welker has been hurt for part of the year.

And remember we ALWAYS play bad in Denver. we played like crap for most of the game and took it to Overtime. Plus this was Mayo's first game back. Lets not go overboard folks. This is going to be the complete opposite of 07. We will get stronger as the year goes on. Let us move on to Tennessee and get back on the winning track.

PLUS, according to my Madden '09 franchise when I traded Brady and kept Cassel as an experiment, Brady went on to lead the league is most passing stats for the next 8 years! :cool::rolleyes:

Re: Brady

Doesn't he always suck in Denver?

Correct.

That said, he hasn't looked good so far this season. His long ball is way off - and his short passes can be too. Too much zip on the ball. Timing way off. He needs to fix this pronto or the playoff's are a pipe dream. Today's loss is 75% on Brady and 25% on the bend and break at the last minute defense.

Brady had something like a 132 QB rating and two TDs in the first half. Brady didn't play well in the second half, but was near perfect in the first. People who think Brady will never be great again need to look at Manning last year the first two months.

I was being facetious, but Brady is not the Brady we have all grown to love, he is at best the QB that stepped on the field in 2001, but we ran the ball better back then, but we didn't have 2 ALL PRO WRS.

You figure it out, it's obvious to me that the Pats Offensive gurus and Brady can't...and they DON'T have Galloway to blame this week.

This post should probably be made to stickie at the top of the board.

Brady is not 100%. Brady is not close to 100%.

But that's fine.

Your right, people should remember:

Peyton before the bye: 3-4
Peyton after the bye: 9-0

As long as we can get a 7-2 or 8-1

i think it's time Brady starts to get some blame... IT'S THE 5TH ******* GAME, GET YOUR **** TOGETHER!

This post should probably be made to stickie at the top of the board.

Brady is not 100%. Brady is not close to 100%.

But that's fine.

Also, unlike Peyton, Brady won't go 0-1 in the playoffs to an 8-8 team and **** bricks ;)

Brady had something like a 132 QB rating and two TDs in the first half. Brady didn't play well in the second half, but was near perfect in the first.
Yeah, that deep ball to a wide open Moss that he missed by 10 yards was just f*cking awesome. Doesn't matter what his rating was if he misses the easy tosses to the end zone.

Last edited:
He will Hulk up.

Yeah, that deep ball to a wide open Moss that he missed by 10 yards was just f*cking awesome. Doesn't matter what his rating was if he misses the easy tosses to the end zone.

That was one play and I also felt that was on Moss as much as Brady since he didn't even try to go up for it. It wasn't an easy toos into the end zone. It was a 35 yard pass. When is a 35 yard pass an easy pass?

All I know is Brady has had ALOT of time to throw for the most part, and he has looked mediocre AT BEST, and that is with 2 all pro WRS.

I don't know what to say, but he's been awful and it's amazing that we are even 3-2 with the pathetic play calling we have gotten..

Like others have said, we easily could be 1-4 if not for some lucky breaks....

I am not a happy camper, but I will obviously stick by the team and hope they get better, but RIGHT NOW they are NOT Playoff material.

I don't think TB has lost it permanently,by no means..........However,i think he's regressing and he's extremely frustrated by his own performance.The comparison to Peyton is Ludricious......just because he came back,doesn't mean TB will,on the same schedule.In today's NFL,if you can't score...you can't win.We cannot stop the modified West Coast offense,not the Jets,Denver,Indy or New Orleans..........If you can't score enough,we'll never make the playoffs.Why is the playcalling so bland?..........these injuries are just killing us..........there's no answer.

Pees sucks a##.......we need Romeo back......not a good HC....but a heck of a DC.....

I disagree. What you saw was Belichick. It is his way and it has been his
way ever since he got here.

When a team has a difficult homerun hitter like Marshall he issues the order
to play soft, prevent the big play and keep everything in front of you. He
thinks a team will make critical mistake along the way and drives will
stall more time than not. Thank Ernie Adams for this strategy.
In other situations he is much more aggressive. Like last week. This is
nothingnew he has been doing this for ever.

Problem is Denver made very few mistakes tonight and I am very sure
McDaniels coached them up on this. Orton is the new Tom Brady.
Watch out.

As for Brady. he is struggling. Also the offense looks stagnant. It is missing
that spark that Josh brought even Charlie wise was more inventive than
dull Bill. The Denver offense we saw out there is what PATs had at one time.

wHEN ARE we scheduled to make a Maroney thread? That would make me forget the pain of this loss and focus on his uselessness on the team.

will if your looking for the 2007 brady 50... TD and all most 5000 yerd's passing

then no brady will never be the same

that was a once in a life time thing

but if your looking for the brady of old 25 to 28 ... TD and 3500 to 4000 yerd's passing

then yes brady will be the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back