PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will never be the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Cow, stop it. You guys are 3-2 and could still be tied for first place after tomorrow night. I hope this is sarcasm, u would rather have Cassel over ur Hall of Fame quarterback. I get pissed after losses too. but Brady is one of the best in the business, step off the ledge it's only week 5...

thanks....you are right....but let's be realistic here.....Brady is one of the greatest QB's of all time.......BUT....he is NOT back from his injury yet.....and it is going to take alot longer than I think we were led to believe in terms of his progress.....I don't even know what to say when someone wants to take Cassel over Brady right now......Cassel was a good fill in guy last year....but look at what is going on in KC right now.....he (and they) are struggling.....

Right now Brady looks like an average qb...right now.

We can yell and scream,all we want......However,this team can't tackle and Brady is far,far away from being back to normal.After 5 games,I'm not sure he will be back,this year.Zero points in the 2nd half...this is not a playoff team.

The only thing more frustrating than watching them completely screw themselves out of a game is coming on this site and seeing everyone whine about it saying "Brady has lost it".

Palmer still isn't where he used to be after tearing his knee in 2005.
It took Manning over half a season to get back to where he was last year. And his injury was nowhere near as bad as Brady's.

give him time. and quit *****ing.

Re: Brady

Not to mention, another vanilla, JAG QB looked like as HOFer against the Pats D. I know Mayo's not back yet, but man I'm so sick of hearing that BB's going to unveil crazy **** as the season progresses. We went all of 2007, and nothing was 'turned loose'.

OK....lets say this together.....the defense is a WORK in progress....we lost seymour, Bruschi, Vrabs, and Harrison in ONE F-in year.......4 great leaders.....4 veteran players.....don't expect a bunch of rooks and old vets that are new to the system to step in and be phenomenal. They played their a##es off today.....and if Brady had gotten something accomplished.....they wouldn't have been on the field so much with their a##es on the line time after time........But, keep your expectations tempered on this defense......

All I know is Brady has had ALOT of time to throw for the most part, and he has looked mediocre AT BEST, and that is with 2 all pro WRS.

I don't know what to say, but he's been awful and it's amazing that we are even 3-2 with the pathetic play calling we have gotten..

Like others have said, we easily could be 1-4 if not for some lucky breaks....

I am not a happy camper, but I will obviously stick by the team and hope they get better, but RIGHT NOW they are NOT Playoff material.

Last edited:
As much as I would like Brady to have lost it forever, it is probably a little early for anyone to make this declaration. He is human, and it will just take some time...I'm sure he will be far better next year, barring any additional injuries this year.

Pats fans have been spoiled, the only cure is time.

The only thing more frustrating than watching them completely screw themselves out of a game is coming on this site and seeing everyone whine about it saying "Brady has lost it".

Palmer still isn't where he used to be after tearing his knee in 2005.
It took Manning over half a season to get back to where he was last year. And his injury was nowhere near as bad as Brady's.

give him time. and quit *****ing.

Your right, people should remember:

Peyton before the bye: 3-4
Peyton after the bye: 9-0

As long as we can get a 7-2 or 8-1

We lost this game because we couldn't put it away on offense, defense, and ST's. I'm certainly not willing to say that 'Brady will never be the same".

panicbutton.gif

Piss poor tackling and a 99 yard drive by Orton followed by a 80 yard drive. Man every time he passes, it seems they were getting 8+ yards

Somebody please give Pees a swift kick in the nuts or whereever you like and chuck him out. wtf is that soft zone D and no blitzing :mad:

and not to say the least, Brady, f***** stop *****ing about receivers dropping passes and step on it already

Pees sucks a##.......we need Romeo back......not a good HC....but a heck of a DC.....

Wow. This is impressive. Brady, with his 97.4 rating on the day today, now sucks? He had a bad second half against a coach extremely familiar with his abilities and tendencies. I would like to believe some of these posts are jokes, but given the tendencies of posters to go catatonic after losses, I suspect that is not the case.

His game is not on after a year out of football, but he looks a little better each week. He is missing the long passes to Moss (which, for those who have spent more than 3 years following this team happened quite a bit in 2002 - overthrowing and underthrowing receivers - consider the mechanics post-injury to be something of a relearning process).

This is a 16 game season and the Pats lost an overtime away game against an undefeated team that deserves props for fighting back when down two scores. Two whole losses and at most a game out of first place in the division? Get a grip.

If this team does not make the playoffs, I would be flat-out amazed. Play the best football in the second half of the season and survive the first half with a decent record. The defense is new and the offense is trying to come together right now. If you expected 2007, you may want to recalibrate expectations in light of those minor details.

We can yell and scream,all we want......However,this team can't tackle and Brady is far,far away from being back to normal.After 5 games,I'm not sure he will be back,this year.Zero points in the 2nd half...this is not a playoff team.

Nice sig. Patton would have slapped the whiskers off your face and called you a yellow belly.

Brady is 1 - 6 all time against Denver now..in that sense, he is very consistent so I wouldn't worry about the loss...I think BB purposely gave this game to Josh as a gift :rolleyes:

thanks....you are right....but let's be realistic here.....Brady is one of the greatest QB's of all time.......BUT....he is NOT back from his injury yet.....and it is going to take alot longer than I think we were led to believe in terms of his progress.....I don't even know what to say when someone wants to take Cassel over Brady right now......Cassel was a good fill in guy last year....but look at what is going on in KC right now.....he (and they) are struggling.....

No prob, it's the truth. The only QB I would take over him right now is Jamarcus Russell. What did I just say??? No but in all seriousness it was a tough game, against a good team. And I think some of the posters before this one had good points that the guy is coming off surgery, and it's gonna take some time. Although, watching the Pats for years now cause I'm a Jet fan, ur defense looks alot diff than it used to...Not aggressive like it used to b...

Its a bad day, its not about his knee, is about throwing very far from his potential .

We need more Brady to Moss conexion

OK....lets say this together.....the defense is a WORK in progress....we lost seymour, Bruschi, Vrabs, and Harrison in ONE F-in year.......4 great leaders.....4 veteran players.....don't expect a bunch of rooks and old vets that are new to the system to step in and be phenomenal. They played their a##es off today.....and if Brady had gotten something accomplished.....they wouldn't have been on the field so much with their a##es on the line time after time........But, keep your expectations tempered on this defense......

I have been telling myself this all year. Give them time to gel etc. But tell me why Denver can turn over their entire defense adding eight new players and not need an entire season to gel?

Lets cut Brady some slack, and just RELAX. It's a game! Plus, what is a better option right now?

Last edited by a moderator:

I have been telling myself this all year. Give them time to gel etc. But tell me why Denver can turn over their entire defense adding eight new players and not need an entire season to gel?

Denver didn't trade its best defensive player just days before the start of the season, and it didn't have its 3rd best defensive player go down with a knee sprain in the first game of the season.

The QB rating system is a joke..it doesn't show overthrow balls in the endzone

Knee jerk all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes