Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
When Brady ends up in court, he will be suing the NFL, which included Robert Kraft.
Robert Kraft today positioned himself clearly on the side of the league.
What is best for Tom Brady is not what is best for the 32.
We can only wonder if Kraft will persuade employees to testify against Brady in order to help Krafts side win.

Another option is that Brady goes through the farce of an appeals process and then, whatever the result, asks to be released from his contract because of a lack of support from the Team's owner.

I assume since Kraft has backed down on everything he said, that must include the statement of support for Brady.

Kraft sided with the losing side. The Wells report is a joke and will be an easy victory for the NFLPA.

I assume since Kraft has backed down on everything he said, that must include the statement of support for Brady.

No he only backs down on his team, not 'the 32'.
He may testify that he doesn't believe Brady.

I think if Kraft made a deal with Goodell to get Brady's suspension removed, they defacto kept this out of court unless Brady sues for defamation. If Goodell removes the suspension, what can Brady and the NFLPA so for other than defamation.

In fact, this might have been part of the plan to begin with for Goodell. Convince Kraft to fall on the sword for Brady and pull the rug out from under Brady and the NFLPA.

I think if Kraft made a deal with Goodell to get Brady's suspension removed, they defacto kept this out of court unless Brady sues for defamation. If Goodell removes the suspension, what can Brady and the NFLPA so for other than defamation.

In fact, this might have been part of the plan to begin with for Goodell. Convince Kraft to fall on the sword for Brady and pull the rug out from under Brady and the NFLPA.

Brady has a winning case, he doesn't need that.
Please lets not try to make up something to add valor to spineless move by Bob Kraft today.

to some degree, as unified as we see it, the punishment handed down to the pats is completely separate from the one handed down to brady. kraft has a conflict of interest and I keep reading how kraft has little to no leverage as an owner and someone who hired the people who punished him.

brady does not.......the NFLPA and Kessler can drop all the gloves and pound every aspect of the entire deflategate process including every detail that can shred apart the wells report.....there is no conflict of interest.

my only question is whether the process that Brady's appeal will follow produces undisputable evidence that there was no wrongdoing, and if that could retroactively affect the punishment on the pats?

say for example......Brady's lawyer produce proof that Kensil was on a sting operation, that there was nothing unusual about the balls pre game and that EVERYTHING by the league was a lie.......does Kraft have recourse at that point based on the falsified information that got the pats in trouble in the first place.

That would also get Brady on the field for their prized Thursday opener. You know the NFL wants Brady, not JimmyG, on the field for that game.

Multiple sources have said there's no deal involving Brady.

Please lets not try to make up something to add valor to spineless move by Bob Kraft today.

For someone who was crying like a baby two days ago about making it personal for calling you naive to believe that Goodell would see how the Wells Report is a sham and overturn all the punishments (I was right BTW), you seem to have no problem making it personal by accusing me of making things up.

I am not making anything up. I am speculating. It is a common belief that Kraft traded Brady's suspension for the team's punishment. If Goodell overturns the suspension of Brady, he has nothing to fight in court other than a defamation lawsuit (which the NFLPA would not be a part of). What is he going to fight? That Goodell is not fair because he didn't extend the season so Brady can play more than 16 games?

Last edited:
Multiple sources have said there's no deal involving Brady.

They are never going to admit that whether they did or not. Bedard reported there is no deal for Brady and he also said that he doesn't necessarily believe it.

to some degree, as unified as we see it, the punishment handed down to the pats is completely separate from the one handed down to brady. kraft has a conflict of interest and I keep reading how kraft has little to no leverage as an owner and someone who hired the people who punished him.

brady does not.......the NFLPA and Kessler can drop all the gloves and pound every aspect of the entire deflategate process including every detail that can shred apart the wells report.....there is no conflict of interest.

my only question is whether the process that Brady's appeal will follow produces undisputable evidence that there was no wrongdoing, and if that could retroactively affect the punishment on the pats?

say for example......Brady's lawyer produce proof that Kensil was on a sting operation, that there was nothing unusual about the balls pre game and that EVERYTHING by the league was a lie.......does Kraft have recourse at that point based on the falsified information that got the pats in trouble in the first place.

Nope. No right to appeal after Thursday.

I hope Brady in Maximus' words goes "Unleash Hell" on Goodell, the league office and the league itself.
League discipline, league perception and anti-trust exemption are all in play.
Nothing would please me more than to see a court decision that reduces the value of 32 franchises.

Kraft is a turncoat and should be treated as such. I regret he is still affiliated with the team I follow.

For someone who was crying like a baby two days ago about making it personal for calling you naive to believe that Goodell would see how the Wells Report is a sham and overturn all the punishments, you seem to have no problem making it personal by accusing me of making things up.
Crying like a baby? I believe I said that we should not make it personal because the board, and Ian want that to stop.
Of course you are making something up. Multiple sources have denied there was any deal for Brady.

I am not making anything up. I am speculating. It is a common belief that Kraft traded Brady's suspension for the team's punishment.
Speculating is, in fact, making something up.
It has been reported by numerous sources that there was no deal on Brady.
How can that mean there is a common belief there is?

If Goodell overturns the suspension of Brady, he has nothing to fight in court other than a defamation lawsuit (which the NFLPA would not be a part of). What is he going to fight? That Goodell is not fair because he didn't extend the season so Brady can play more than 16 games?
There would be no need for Kraft to accept these ridiculous punishments in order to cut Brady a deal that he doesn't need.

Seeing you right now in this state is painful, since I've seen you in the light of being one of the biggest Patriot homers on this board over the years.

If I were you I would just cool off and pump the brakes a bit. You have every right to be upset but I'd take a break from all of this to put it into more perspective.

When Brady ends up in court, he will be suing the NFL, which included Robert Kraft.
Robert Kraft today positioned himself clearly on the side of the league.
What is best for Tom Brady is not what is best for the 32.
We can only wonder if Kraft will persuade employees to testify against Brady in order to help Krafts side win.
Why? Why on earth would Kraft care that the league loses a suite overturning a Brady suspension? That makes absolutely no sense.

Nope. No right to appeal after Thursday.

I understand that, but we all kind of knew that the Brady fight was going to be the one that gets nasty....Kraft fights are all pillows and puppies

My question goes more along the lines of what happens if it is found that the the entire deflategate situation was only possible because of tons of lies and false pretenses. I could see a scenario where Brady's lawyers as well as the NFLPA turn this into exactly that.

Or do we already have this scripted where the truth never comes out because the league will rescind the suspension in the name of preventing the truth from coming out in the appeal process?

I mean just because some decisions are finalized doesn't mean that the story ends.....all today signifies is that the ownership ranks succeeded in reeling kraft back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST