PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady the favorite to win MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, sorry - I didn't see the other thread. Mods you can lock this post if that type of stuff happens here.

Matt Ryan two losses in his last two games. How much time will Big Ben miss. Luck and Rodgers are not in MVP form. Stafford is looking better than ever but his team might not make the play-offs. Trees could put up huge stats but the Saints are not playing in the new year.

Is there a stand out defensive player so far?

Otherwise if the last three games are anything to go by then I can see Brady winning another MVP.

I'm less bothered about him winning another and the focus should be on another championship. But it would be a great FU to the league office and other owners.

He's now tied with Cam Newton, Eli Manning, and Andy Dalton in TDs thrown and ahead of Carson Palmer, Joe Flacco, and Russell Wilson. At least a few of those guys were considered preseason MVP candidates.

his only real competition right now is matt ryan:

QoZz5lC.jpg
And Jimmy G

I could not care less about all this. Just bring me the Lombardi.

I could not care less about all this. Just bring me the Lombardi.

What I want most of all is a shot of that ****ing scumbag of a commissioner being forced to hand over the Lombardi to us, forcing a fake smile from that fat turkey chin of his.

one could make the argument that with the presence of someone like garoppolo and his statistical excellence in the games he played is the someone like roethlisberger is more valuable to the steelers than brady is to the pats........though I could see brady simply being the highest value player, period

depends on how you interpret the definition of 'MVP'

also, don't forget someone like Von Miller

and the year he was Co-MVP with McNair... his stats were pretty pedestrian, he didn't deserve that MVP either...

The media and NFL just love him tho, Manning was basically the default MVP vote unless another player did something so incredible that no one could ignore it. Adrian Peterson going over 2,000 yards is an example, and I remember at the ESPY's when they announced AP as the winner, Manning had a look of disgust on his face lol.. it was like a "How DARE they not give me another MVP over a Running back!"

Brady had to play totally lights out to get his 2 MVPs, Manning got 3 of them handed to him when he was having roughly the same year as other players.. but for some reason everyone was obsessed with him.. they even credited him last year with "Hits stats aren't great, but he just raises the level of play of all the guys around him! Hes incredible!" Even though Osweiler won like 8 games while Manning was injured, including a game against the Pats that decided homefield advantage and now we're seeing the Broncos still going strong with a JAG at QB and they're sitting at 5-1 lol

MVP.png

It might be an unfair criticism of Brady that he doesn't throw the deep ball that great. How many deep threats did Brady have though? We know he lit the world on fire with Randy.

He should be. And that with a SB win would be soooo sweet!

I hope he does get it. These awards are very subjective, but 3 MVPs and 5 SBs would be a helluva resume. Followed by 4 MVPs and 6 SBs next year.

I think the worst one Manning got was the 2009 one. Brees had more TD's, less INT's, and a QB rating 10 points higher. Both finished as the one seed in their conference.

Then Brees kicked his ass in the SB. :D

I'd like Brady to win the award cause frankly he should have won more and this would be a great year to rub it in Goodell's face.

He is in the convo right now but needs to keep up what he is doing. He needs 30+ TDs for sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft