PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady not at practice today.. even though he spoke to the press earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brady gonna go for the record against Buffalo. Brady was mad when he faced Denver because the media forgot about him and now that Brees has broken the record, they've left Brady out of the MVP discussion too. I think Brady's gonna make another statement to the media and the NFL Sunday.

I did read somewhere, I believe ESPNBoston, that Brady had an interview with Berman after the PC. So he likely got an x-ray (if that's true) before or during practice. Either way, I think he'll be pain-free (after a shot) and ready to go against The Bills.

I couldn't care less about the Bills, to be honest.

I realize the implications on the #1 etc, but we still have 45 other active players who can beat BUF at home (in my opinion).

I just want what everyone else here wants...and that's obviously a healthy TFB heading into the tournament.

If he doesn't play on Sunday, I wouldn't look too much into it, besides maybe he's a little more dinged up than we first thought; although that already appears to be the case anyway.

I believe he'll likely play this Sunday, but it shouldn't be for more than 1 quarter. He's not going to catch Brees' record anyway, as the Saints are still playing for the #2 seed and will likley have Brees throw all day, even when they're up by 22 late in the 4th quarter...Tom wouldn't make up almost 200 yards, unless he somehow played the entire game AND threw for almost 450-500 yards.

With all the talk about this injury was it ever mentioned which shoulder it was? Throwing shoulder I'm assuming but not hoping?

With all the talk about this injury was it ever mentioned which shoulder it was? Throwing shoulder I'm assuming but not hoping?

Non-throwing. Fortunately.

No, left shoulder.

No, no, no.

It has been mentioned numerous times, in all of the reports and links since Saturday that it is his LEFT non-throwing shoulder...

Obviously better than the right, but still cause for concern.

My guess is that Brady did tweak his shoulder a bit.....could explain signing Polite who is supposed to be a short yardage guru. No more QB sneaks for you, Mr. Brady!...well, until they deem him REALLY okay and re-sign Ross Ventrone and dump Mr. Polite.

The injury report says his missed time was "non-injury related". Moving on.

No injury related, per Reiss..

Twitter

Just finished watching the NFL replay of the game. Brady did hurt his shoulder tho.

The Play at the 1:48 4Q mark where Brady escapes the pocket and gets hit at the 25 is where it happen.

He gets up stretching out his shoulder. But you can really see Brady is in some pain on the next play, a hand off to Ridley.

But he does throw a strike to Welker after that so that's good.

Last edited:
FWIW, here is Tom E. Curran's tweet:

https://twitter.com/#!/tomecurran/status/152099956889620480

Brady dinged left shoulder late in Saturday's game against Miami. Went for x-ray to check for separation. Was later told he was "all set"

That says to me that he had the x-ray on Saturday.

That's how I read it to. That said, there's room for improvement in how Curran frames vague quotes. "All set" seems to be this year's equivalent of "we're cooking" — someone said something but it doesn't really mean anything.

Just finished watching the NFL replay of the game. Brady did hurt his shoulder tho.

The Play at the 1:48 4Q mark where Brady escapes the pocket and gets hit at the 25 is where it happen.

He gets up stretching out his shoulder. But you can really see Brady is in some pain on the next play, a hand off to Ridley.

But he does throw a strike to Welker after that so that's good.

WWBD: What Would Ben Do? It's amazing to me how tough Brady is, the stuff he shakes off and you don't hear about til much later (you know, little things like broken ribs).

RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport
RapSheet: Patriots release injury report: QB Tom Brady’s absence was not injury related bit.ly/uL32Xu #bh_sports

10 chars.....

I stand corrected kinda.......It doesnt seem as though it was a poster who twisted Currans tweets but it seems other media twisted it.

based on BradfordsPatsFans post of the tweet (I cant see tweets at work not that I am much of a twit) here is what Curran said.

Brady dinged left shoulder late in Saturday's game against Miami. Went for x-ray to check for separation. Was later told he was "all set"

Seeing as todays absence was listed as non-injury related I think it would be fineable if he was actually missing practice for Xrays.

In the end I am guessing you like me are still very concerned about an injury but I dont think we can use this tweet as smoke for anything other than Xrays whenever they were taken are based on Currans account negative or "all set".

QB sneaks are usually out of a quick count and called by Brady to catch the D off guard. When he sees noone lined up over the center and only needs a short yard or 2 he'll snap it to catch the D off guard and run it himself.

I really don't think BOB is calling them this often. That's almost all Brady.
if I gave me reply a moments thought I would have come to the right conclusion. Of course it's always an option for Brady and he won't run it if the yards aren't there. Still, he has to realize he's not a kid anymore.

And if you ever heard Bruschi explain what might happen at the bottom of a pile, you might want him to just stay out of there anyhow.

WWBD: What Would Ben Do? It's amazing to me how tough Brady is, the stuff he shakes off and you don't hear about til much later (you know, little things like broken ribs).

Broken ribs was tough. But Brady also had a broken finger on his throwing hand that year too. Brady is tough as nails and never makes excuses.

Last edited:
if I gave me reply a moments thought I would have come to the right conclusion. Of course it's always an option for Brady and he won't run it if the yards aren't there. Still, he has to realize he's not a kid anymore.

And if you ever heard Bruschi explain what might happen at the bottom of a pile, you might want him to just stay out of there anyhow.

According to Zolak, the injury probably happened on a scramble, not on a sneak.

According to Zolak, the injury probably happened on a scramble, not on a sneak.
Yup. Got that from above.

I was just commenting about putting himself in a situation. Though Brady is a football player first and foremost, so I'm sure dialing it back would never occur to him.

Yup. Got that from above.

I was just commenting about putting himself in a situation. Though Brady is a football player first and foremost, so I'm sure dialing it back would never occur to him.

Come on now do you really want him dialing it back? No one wants to see anyone get hurt but part of what makes Brady who he is is that he cant dial it back.

But lets assume he could do you really want him sitting there on a key 3rd and short or 4th and short saying to himself the DTs are split so wide I could pick this up easy but you know what I might get hurt let me stick with the original play that now based on the DT split is less likely to work? Should he shorten his internal clock for releasing the ball to 3 seconds from 4 (or whatever it might be) just to save an extra seconds worth of QB hits and sacks? Maybe we should just play Hoyer this way Brady is healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News