PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady not at practice today.. even though he spoke to the press earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this website is inundated with fans who started following the Patriots in 2001, I had to read down until I got your disclaimer before realizing you weren't serious.

When Tom Brady leaves the Patriots, half the fanbase will be in for a rude awakening about quarterback play in the NFL.

Most of them will probably be the people we look at as homers right now. They'll realize just how much his play covered up for.

Last edited:
According to Reiss/Rodak..

Could mean nothing, could me a whole lot more. Pretty well documented that he hurt his left shoulder at the end of the Miami game.

Find it interesting that he showed up to he press conference this morning, but did not show up to practice..

And then again could be nothing...

Brady is kickin ass in all three playoff games this year.

I'm srprised the media hasn't artinez how his throwing motion looks. If they did, they must have been disappointed and didn't get anything negative.

Give me a one armed Brady over 90% of two armed QBs eight days a week.

Might just be a blessing in disguise. They may actually utilize their running game in the playoffs.
Won't that be a refreshing (and winning) change, a well balanced offense in the playoffs.
We haven't done that since 2001, 2003 and 2004. Huh!!

Might just be a blessing in disguise. They may actually utilize their running game in the playoffs.
Won't that be a refreshing (and winning) change, a well balanced offense in the playoffs.
We haven't done that since 2001, 2003 and 2004. Huh!!

So you didn't see the 2007 playoff run, then?

So you didn't see the 2007 playoff run, then?

Yup, saw the 2007 playoff run where they had great balance UNTIL they got to the SB and then reverted back to being the Colts and lost the game.
Think Brady threw close to 50 times that game. Crazy!

Yup, saw the 2007 playoff run where they had great balance UNTIL they got to the SB and then reverted back to being the Colts and lost the game.
Think Brady threw close to 50 times that game. Crazy!

So your argument failed when you deliberately excluded 2007 and you've now moved the goalposts to try involving 2007. Interesting move.

Unfortunately, the whole "less than 3 yards per carry in the SB and less than 2 yards per carry in the first meeting against the Giants" thing about the running game pretty much destroys that attempt.

Last edited:
yeah..his shoulder is hurting...a first round bye is HUGE now if he is hurt which it looks like he is

I agree that the 1st rd bye is indeed, huge..and we knew this would likely be the case, especially with this yr's version of the team, which includes some banged up players.

That said, I am not seeing the obvious shoulder favoring that you mention. Yes, I will admit that it looks like he is not "forcing" hard throws, but that may be normal for the intended drill. If you notice, Mallett is a couple steps behind him, and he does not look that much different in his approach either.

I am sure that Brady is taking it easy in practice, but that would simply be the common sense approach, no? There's really no reason to be overly exerting himself on those intermediate route throws, is there? I think it's a good sign that he's out there throwing in the first place, and I think after the game Sunday (hopefully the first quarter or two) he should be able to get some much needed injury rest with a 2 week gap in playing time.

2 weeks after the game Sunday is likely going to make a big difference in his healing and pain tolerance.

I think attempting to try and break Brees' record would be about the worst thing that could happen to Brady on Sunday, unless he's really not in that much discomfort.

He's already approx. 200 yds behind, and Saints HC Sean Payton claims that his starters are going all out on Sunday. That would mean that Brees will likely throw for another 300+.

If Brady is going to have to throw for approximately 500 yards (which may not even be possible under the best of circumstances in a FULL game), that would mean he would be putting the ball up around 40+ times, depending of course, upon the yardage of his completions. But if you're going to see a QB have a 500 yard game (without any 99 yarders to Welker), you are usually going to see a ton of attempts.

If his shoulder is really that hurt, and apparently it seems as though he should not be overly exerting it, he should not be worrying about a record that he would not likely break anyhow.

Our playoff chances will dramatically increase or decrease, based on Tom Brady's health and comfort level, and this is the reason why I would not agree with attempting to break any records.

Having 250 yds per half would be pretty hard to accomplish in the first place, but then again, maybe he isn't as hurt as we think.

So your argument failed when you deliberately excluded 2007 and you've now moved the goalposts to try involving 2007. Interesting move.

Unfortunately, the whole "less than 3 yards per carry in the SB and less than 2 yards per carry in the first meeting against the Giants" thing about the running game pretty much destroys that attempt.

I didn't bring up 2007, you did. I simply responded by pointing out that 2007 MAKES my point and without the need to move any goalposts. Unlike '01, '03 and '04 Patriots didn't win anything in 2007 which is why I didn't bring it up initially but since you did I responded and pointed out how the Patriots reverted back to Colt form in losing the SB that year. When the Patriots employ a balanced offense (Jags, Chargers) they win playoff games and when they don't (Giants) they lose.
2007 is exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for bringing it up. ;)

BTW averaging 4 carries a qtr isn't exactly giving your running game a chance to get into the flow of the game. The Giants were in Brady's underwear all game long with that pass rush. HUGE mistake the Patriots made in that game was to abandon the run.

CLASSIC BB:

Here is the Q&A:

Reporter: Do you anticipate Tom being able to practice today?

Belichick: We'll list his status at the end of practice.

Reporter: What was he able to do yesterday?

Belichick: Play quarterback

How does BB stop himself from laughing????

CLASSIC BB:

Here is the Q&A:

Reporter: Do you anticipate Tom being able to practice today?

Belichick: We'll list his status at the end of practice.

Reporter: What was he able to do yesterday?

Belichick: Play quarterback

How does BB stop himself from laughing????

I love Belichick but sometimes I'd really like to choke him.

I didn't bring up 2007, you did.

I know you didn't. That's my point.

I simply responded by pointing out that 2007 MAKES my point and without the need to move any goalposts. Unlike '01, '03 and '04 Patriots didn't win anything in 2007 which is why I didn't bring it up initially but since you did I responded and pointed out how the Patriots reverted back to Colt form in losing the SB that year. When the Patriots employ a balanced offense (Jags, Chargers) they win playoff games and when they don't (Giants) they lose.
2007 is exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for bringing it up. ;)

No, 2007 undercuts your point, which is why I brought it up after you chose not to.

BTW averaging 4 carries a qtr isn't exactly giving your running game a chance to get into the flow of the game. The Giants were in Brady's underwear all game long with that pass rush. HUGE mistake the Patriots made in that game was to abandon the run.

And here you go with the nonsense. I'm not sure what part of 3 yards per carry after even less in the previous game you can't grasp, but either you're clueless on this or you're doing your usual trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back