PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady not at practice today.. even though he spoke to the press earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
According to Reiss/Rodak..

Could mean nothing, could me a whole lot more. Pretty well documented that he hurt his left shoulder at the end of the Miami game.

Find it interesting that he showed up to he press conference this morning, but did not show up to practice..

And then again could be nothing...

Last year, Brady missed a lot of Wednesday practices. Considering it was a short week last week, I am not to concerned as of yet. Probably just an extra day off.

Spoke at the presser? Then, I'm guessing he's OK.

Tom Curran reports he was getting an X-Ray at the start of practice and the doctors say he is "all set".

Twitter

Tom Curran reports he was getting an X-Ray at the start of practice and the doctors say he is "all set".

Twitter

"All set" as in, his shoulder is set in a decent position whenever his arm is splinted. ;)

"All set" for a relaxing offseason??? :eek:

Brady is too fragile for a 16 game season and always seems to be gimpy for the playoffs. Maybe it's time for the Mallet era to begin. Trade Brady before Peyton or Luck become available.

ok, now that I got all my sarcasm out of the way :), I'm sure they'll be monitoring him and make sure he doesn't do anything to further hurt himself. Brady is a warrior and rarely gets credit for it (national media). Maybe if he acted hurt like a certain Pittsburg quarterback and came back in, people would know how tough he really is.

Still, no point it subjecting him to further injury (like QB sneaks for 1 yard unless absolutely ncessary...do you hear that BOB?) and making sure he is healthy for the postseason

Brady is too fragile for a 16 game season and always seems to be gimpy for the playoffs. Maybe it's time for the Mallet era to begin. Trade Brady before Peyton or Luck become available.

ok, now that I got all my sarcasm out of the way :), I'm sure they'll be monitoring him and make sure he doesn't do anything to further hurt himself. Brady is a warrior and rarely gets credit for it (national media). Maybe if he acted hurt like a certain Pittsburg quarterback and came back in, people would know how tough he really is.

Still, no point it subjecting him to further injury (like QB sneaks for 1 yard unless absolutely ncessary...do you hear that BOB?) and making sure he is healthy for the postseason

Because this website is inundated with fans who started following the Patriots in 2001, I had to read down until I got your disclaimer before realizing you weren't serious.

When Tom Brady leaves the Patriots, half the fanbase will be in for a rude awakening about quarterback play in the NFL.

one of these tweeters are saying that he was having a chat with Chris Berman and did not make the start of practice, that sounds better..

one of these tweeters are saying that he was having a chat with Chris Berman and did not make the start of practice, that sounds better..

Much............

Brady slacking off?
Call Felger & Borges!

Even in the worst case where he couldn't go Sunday, he'd have two more weeks until the divisional game. I'm confident the Brian Hoyer-led patriots could beat the Bills at home.

Of course he'll play though. :D

QB sneaks are usually out of a quick count and called by Brady to catch the D off guard. When he sees noone lined up over the center and only needs a short yard or 2 he'll snap it to catch the D off guard and run it himself.

I really don't think BOB is calling them this often. That's almost all Brady.

Last edited:
The fact that they were just getting him X-rayed today, which is 1/2 a week after the Miami game, brings out the worrying in me..

Is there a possibility that he is still in 'that much' pain 4 days later, where they felt the shoulder could be a lot worse than they thought? It seems a little weird that he's just getting around to being x-rayed on Wednesday.

Then again, we've seen wrong stuff from Curran before, specifically when it comes to Brady and his ailments. Who has been reporting that he was 'simply talking to Chris Berman?'

So we're supposed to believe that he could have either been getting X-rays for a possible separated shoulder, OR he was talking to Chris Berman?? LOL..talk about 2 ends of the spectrum...

QB sneaks are usually out of a quick count and called by Brady to catch the D off guard. When he sees noone lined up over the center and only needs a short yard or 2 he'll snap it to catch the D off guard and run it himself.

I really don't think BB is calling them this often. That's almost all Brady.

I would definitely agree.

I really don't think BB is calling them this often. That's almost all Brady.

It's on Tommy Boy not BB or BOB
Giselle needs to give him an old fashioned talking to

On this sneak topic with Goodell fining Patriots for plays where no penalty was called in the game WTF is the story with Brady's goal line sneak vs the Squealers where in the pile post TD, Troy Pomalaro grabs Brady's head, twists it and then when walking away from the pile "accidentally" kicks Tom in the head? That TD has been played 100 times with never a comment by the announcers as to Brady being mauled.

Last edited:
It's on Tommy Boy not BB or BOB
Giselle needs to give him an old fashioned talking to

On this sneak topic with Goodell fining Patriots for plays where no penalty was called in the game WTF is the story with Brady's goal line sneak vs the Squealers where in the pile post TD, Troy Pomalaro grabs Brady's head, twists it and then when walking away from the pile "accidentally" kicks Tom in the head? That TD has been played 100 times with never a comment by the announcers as to Brady being mauled.

Troy is a "dahling" of the mediots.. they love that big hair.

I'm shocked the title of this thread is not "Brady is made of glass". I disappointed in this site lately. ;)

Seriously....... not a good omen for sure, but I am gonna stay positive until it's time to panic. If we have to win this weekend with Hoyer, so be it. But we need Tom for the playoff's.

The fact that they were just getting him X-rayed today, which is 1/2 a week after the Miami game, brings out the worrying in me..

Is there a possibility that he is still in 'that much' pain 4 days later, where they felt the shoulder could be a lot worse than they thought? It seems a little weird that he's just getting around to being x-rayed on Wednesday.

Then again, we've seen wrong stuff from Curran before, specifically when it comes to Brady and his ailments. Who has been reporting that he was 'simply talking to Chris Berman?'

So we're supposed to believe that he could have either been getting X-rays for a possible separated shoulder, OR he was talking to Chris Berman?? LOL..talk about 2 ends of the spectrum...

Is there a link to Currans comments about the Xray. I saw something earlier that basically said he had an Xray and seperation was ruled out but I didnt see any timeline on what I read. I think a poster connected two dots from something they read which said he missed practice today but he had an Xray which was negative and assumed the today applied to both statements. I could be wrong wouldnt be the first time wouldnt be the last but again I saw no timeline on the xray comment I read earlier.

Is there a link to Currans comments about the Xray. I saw something earlier that basically said he had an Xray and seperation was ruled out but I didnt see any timeline on what I read. I think a poster connected two dots from something they read which said he missed practice today but he had an Xray which was negative and assumed the today applied to both statements. I could be wrong wouldnt be the first time wouldnt be the last but again I saw no timeline on the xray comment I read earlier.

Brady misses practice, apparently with shoulder injury | ProFootballTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye