PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady first half MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

festy1986

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Now I know it doesn't matter buy how awesome is it after those first 4 games that Brady is clearly the MVP first half of the season.

Worthless trophy is his to lose.

Rothlesburger, Manning, Rogers and Murray would have somehting to say about that.

Brady has a better record.

Big Ben lost to the Bucs at home. Murray has sorta slowed down, and Rodgers hasn't played that well in primetime games.

Brady is in the lead, and I don't think it is that close either.

This isn't an either or scenario. Just throwing out the other names that should be mentioned in the discussion.

Murray has slowed down a bit? Today was his 1st day with under 100 rushing yards.

Right now I'd put the order as

#1 Brady (clear leader right now but can change still as it is not a huge lead).
#2 Rodgers (this is close but Rodgers gets a slight nod)
#3 Manning (Stats are good but you can't have your worst game of the year fall on the most important game of the year and be #2 in my book)
#4 Big Ben (I know right?.. Can't argue with 6-3 and that stat line though)
#5 Murray

IMO Gronk is in the race. Him returning to health has completely transformed the offense. He can't be covered and is having the best 5 game stretch of his career, and considering the number of amazing games he's played that is impressive.

Ultimately, MVP is a QB award though, barring Murray breaking the rushing record along with the Cowboys finishing with 12+ wins, Brady, Manning, or Ben will win it as it stands. It's all Brady's right now barring him slowing down by a large amount.

Gronk is also the leading candidate by a mile for CBOY.

Personally, I have J.J. Watt as MVP right now. That's not to say Brady and co. don't deserve their billing but he's been remarkable on a fairly average team.

DeMarco Murray says HELOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Brady has been the hottest QB over the last 5 weeks but he is not the clear cut first half MVP leader IMO.
Murray if romo comes back will be a 2000 yard RB
Brees Manning and luck will all throw for over 5000 yards and 30 TD's on winning teams
Big Ben if he plays half as good the rest of the season as he has the last two weeks will be one of the top three in the MVP race at the end of the years

Personally, I have J.J. Watt as MVP right now. That's not to say Brady and co. don't deserve their billing but he's been remarkable on a fairly average team.

If we're being realistic, it's pretty much the Most Valuable QB and sometimes RB Player award, and Watt has no chance unfortunately.

Watt has been historically good the past few years, and is on a tear this season without any help from Clowney so I wouldn't be surprised to see his production go up if the rookie ever plays consistently. But the Texans don't look like they'll make the play-offs and I don't think Watt will get anywhere near the votes because of that.

Deserving candidate for sure, but realistically, it's a QB's world in MVP voting.

I dunna know. Trying not to be too biased here but with Gronk they are night and day.

Its tough to name an MVP in such a team game. Gronk would have get some consideration. Outside of Tom he is the least expendable player on this team.

I wrote up a parody of the "2 historic quarterbacks" line except it's about Ben and Brady. Both now have the same 22 TD and 3 INT records for the season, after hosting and demolishing by 20 points the other AFC quarterbacks with Super Bowl rings at their house this week. And yesterday Ben just set a new NFL TD record in consecutive games with 12 TD's, passing Brady's 11 TD's from 2007.

Manning would need to step up before he "passes" or "intercepts" these two, in my opinion.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ic-week-for-two-amazing-quarterbacks.1113074/

Big Ben or Brady at this point. Rodgers is the best young QB in the game overall, but this year it's those two as of now. I would love to see Brady or Demarco get it. Watt has no shot sadly.

Too many times "clearly", "easily", and "no doubt about it" are used in these situations. There are a lot of great players having great seasons right now. Brady is one of them. He's not "clearly" ahead of anybody. We know he's the greatest, but take off the homer glasses.

Honestly, it should be Watt. But Brady is probably the best QB in the league right now (which is what matters in MVP voting), even with his tepid start to the season. Roethlisberger feels like an overreaction after two great games; two games ago, Rivers was the MVP.

It's a long season, and the Patriots especially have a tough schedule the rest of the way. We'll see how it goes.

I wrote up a parody of the "2 historic quarterbacks" line except it's about Ben and Brady. Both now have the same 22 TD and 3 INT records for the season, after hosting and demolishing by 20 points the other AFC quarterbacks with Super Bowl rings at their house this week. And yesterday Ben just set a new NFL TD record in consecutive games with 12 TD's, passing Brady's 11 TD's from 2007.

Manning would need to step up before he "passes" or "intercepts" these two, in my opinion.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/historic-week-for-two-amazing-quarterbacks.1113074/

It's upsetting that Ben took a record from Brady. Those kind of things don't matter much. Rings do, but Brady's '07 season was so historic. I'd like to hold on to anything we can from that tragic season.

My thought on this: Brady's in the discussion, whether he's leading, 2nd, 3rd, etc is up for debate and very subjective (as the award itself is), but the remarkable thing is that he's in the discussion. A month ago he was being replaced by Garoppolo, he was in the bottom third of QB's in basically every metric that's tracked, the team was 2-2 and he had two games of under 160 yards passing; he had 4 TD's and 2 INT's...I mean, he was bad. And now, five wins later, he and the team are right back where they've always been.

Incredible. Top-5 in any MVP discussion right now but who cares, the turnaround's been a treat to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back