PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady defends Moss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Coach Belichick, Tom Brady, Kevin Faulk, Rodney Harrison, and Tedy Bruschi have all strongly defended Randy Moss. I don't put a lot of stock in Coach Belichick or Tom Brady's defense of Randy (even though I admire both greatly for doing so) because I believe they would defend him under almost any circumstance. I do put some stock in Faulk's defense because he's been willing to be critical of things in the past and was even criticial of the decision to send the late players home and spoke out on it. I put a TON of stock in Rodney and Tedy having great things to say about Randy Moss. Neither of these guys has been afraid to criticize former teammates or Coach Belichick since joining the media. Tedy has even criticized Randy a few times. I have no doubt that if Randy was this terrible guy who often gives less than 100%, both of them would have said something.

Some things to consider: Randy had a terrible game against Seattle (also in the rain) while with the Vikings. This came right after another "distraction" which I believe was the traffic cop incident. Whether it was the rain or the distraction, both games were very similar. Randy has been repeatedly praised by the staff and teammates(both in New England and elsewhere) about being a great practice player who goes hard. He's been praised by Terrance Nunn this year and CJ Jones in previous years for giving them a lot of help even though they were unlikely to make the roster. Earlier this season, during one of the CBS games Phil Simms remarked that the Patriots strength coach (who Simms knew personally) told him that Randy was the hardest working guy in the weight room.

We know Randy has had shoulder and back injuries this year and nobody outside the lockerroom knows whether or not he's injured now. I posted after the Jets game a few weeks ago that Randy looked terrible and was blasted for it. At the time I said I hoped he just had a bad game and was not injured. He looked VERY stiff in his movements in that game to me.

I have a lot of respect for Tom Brady taking blame for the interception yesterday, but that was clearly Randy's fault. I know Tom claimed miscommunication, but Randy was taking that play off because he knew he was the 3rd or 4th option. He picked the wrong time to take a play off and there is no excuse for it. Every WR takes plays off (according to Cris Carter, Tom Brady, Brad Johnson, Deion Sanders and others who have weighed in on the situation), but Randy cost us a turnover on that play.

One huge issue with Moss is the "Moss cam" the cameras follow him on every play and every move he makes is magnified. As an example, Steve Smith made a very questionable effort for a ball over the middle in the 2nd quarter yesterday. He reached one arm up and the ball hit his hand and went incomplete. Nothing was said. On the flip side Moss goes up high for a ball over the middle and can't bring it in, and Breer calls it a "drop" in his column.

I don't have any reason to believe that Tom didn't yell at Randy. I believe something like that would hurt Randy from what I know from following his career. However, I doubt it would be something that was still bothering him weeks later. If anything, I think the fact that he called Tom and let him know (allegedly) that it bothered him was progress compared to what Randy would have done/said earlier in his career.

I think Randy deserves criticism for playing a poor game yesterday. Maybe he was disinterested, maybe he was injured, maybe he knew Tom's injuries would prevent any chance at him getting any deep passes, maybe it was being sent home...who knows. Bottom line is he played a poor game. I don't believe he deserves to have his intergrity questioned as has been the case by some "journalists" and posters. I do feel it's fair to question his focus and criticize his play from the game.

I'd love to see a WR screen to Randy to open up the Buffalo game. Get him something really easy even if it gains little. Get him involved earlier in the game and hopefully the results will be better.

So Coach Belichick, Tom Brady, Kevin Faulk, Rodney Harrison, and Tedy Bruschi have all strongly defended Randy Moss. I don't put a lot of stock in Coach Belichick or Tom Brady's defense of Randy (even though I admire both greatly for doing so) because I believe they would defend him under almost any circumstance. I do put some stock in Faulk's defense because he's been willing to be critical of things in the past and was even criticial of the decision to send the late players home and spoke out on it. I put a TON of stock in Rodney and Tedy having great things to say about Randy Moss. Neither of these guys has been afraid to criticize former teammates or Coach Belichick since joining the media. Tedy has even criticized Randy a few times. I have no doubt that if Randy was this terrible guy who often gives less than 100%, both of them would have said something.

Some things to consider: Randy had a terrible game against Seattle (also in the rain) while with the Vikings. This came right after another "distraction" which I believe was the traffic cop incident. Whether it was the rain or the distraction, both games were very similar. Randy has been repeatedly praised by the staff and teammates(both in New England and elsewhere) about being a great practice player who goes hard. He's been praised by Terrance Nunn this year and CJ Jones in previous years for giving them a lot of help even though they were unlikely to make the roster. Earlier this season, during one of the CBS games Phil Simms remarked that the Patriots strength coach (who Simms knew personally) told him that Randy was the hardest working guy in the weight room.

We know Randy has had shoulder and back injuries this year and nobody outside the lockerroom knows whether or not he's injured now. I posted after the Jets game a few weeks ago that Randy looked terrible and was blasted for it. At the time I said I hoped he just had a bad game and was not injured. He looked VERY stiff in his movements in that game to me.

I have a lot of respect for Tom Brady taking blame for the interception yesterday, but that was clearly Randy's fault. I know Tom claimed miscommunication, but Randy was taking that play off because he knew he was the 3rd or 4th option. He picked the wrong time to take a play off and there is no excuse for it. Every WR takes plays off (according to Cris Carter, Tom Brady, Brad Johnson, Deion Sanders and others who have weighed in on the situation), but Randy cost us a turnover on that play.

One huge issue with Moss is the "Moss cam" the cameras follow him on every play and every move he makes is magnified. As an example, Steve Smith made a very questionable effort for a ball over the middle in the 2nd quarter yesterday. He reached one arm up and the ball hit his hand and went incomplete. Nothing was said. On the flip side Moss goes up high for a ball over the middle and can't bring it in, and Breer calls it a "drop" in his column.

I don't have any reason to believe that Tom didn't yell at Randy. I believe something like that would hurt Randy from what I know from following his career. However, I doubt it would be something that was still bothering him weeks later. If anything, I think the fact that he called Tom and let him know (allegedly) that it bothered him was progress compared to what Randy would have done/said earlier in his career.

I think Randy deserves criticism for playing a poor game yesterday. Maybe he was disinterested, maybe he was injured, maybe he knew Tom's injuries would prevent any chance at him getting any deep passes, maybe it was being sent home...who knows. Bottom line is he played a poor game. I don't believe he deserves to have his intergrity questioned as has been the case by some "journalists" and posters. I do feel it's fair to question his focus and criticize his play from the game.

I'd love to see a WR screen to Randy to open up the Buffalo game. Get him something really easy even if it gains little. Get him involved earlier in the game and hopefully the results will be better.
mcdaniels even ran reverses with randy when he was here. considering how he is using brandon marshall maybe pats/moss miss him the most.

I saw him blocking hard, I saw him get doubled and by looking at the stat sheet for the year I see him in the top 3 in all the essential cats...yeah he is trying to make sure Moss doesnt shut it down good call Lombardi :rolleyes:

Exactly. I would love to see someone follow all the top WR's in the league all game and critique every single play. I am astounded by the level of animosity and pure hatred aimed towards Moss. Randy has said that he has been hated all his life. I cannot imagine that. I hope that Randy can weather this latest storm. Buffalo will be a tough test.

I don't understand why some ppl think belichick, brady aren't serious with their defense of randy moss. if it wasnt for moss being double teamed, welker wouldnt have 105 receptions like he has now. belichick knows how important moss is to the offense. the players on the team seem to be very supportive of moss. i just dont see enough evidence to support the theory that belichick, brady arent that sincere with their defense of moss.

Last word eh? The mark of the keyboard commando.

Sounds like you're confused, which is backed up by the rest of your tortured logic. You're not actually refuting my points, you're just moving the goal posts, throwing our red herrings and strawmen. It's really quite breathtaking, as far as a display of logical fallacies go.

No, but you're sure angling to be.

Actually, chief, it is. To wit:

Note the temporal ordering here. You see, Brady calling Moss out (A) and then defending him in public (B) is different than him defending him in public (B) and then calling him out (A).

Just because A,B has happened does not mean that B,A has happened. And given that Brady was visibly attempting to talk Randy through his rut during the game, when usually he'd be foaming at the mouth at incompetence, further enforces this.

Actually I'm the CTO of an global technology firm, but sure. Whatever you say.

You never had one.

That's a stretch and a lazy gamble in this discussion.

I wager he's cut his own path since.

This week proves that's not true.

And if you're right, then he's not the right coach for Moss. You don't destroy the confidence of your best weapon when he's genuinely trying to be a model citizen, as Belichick and Brady vehemently stated to the press this week, just for some arbitrary consistency. It's moronic.

That's not why Moss didn't work out in Minnesota or Oakland.

You said Belichick should treat Moss no differently than any other player this week. Belichick's style is to rip his players a new one for everything they screw up, especially when they screw up big. Thus, logically Belichick is either going to go soft on the entire team this week to maintain this supposed even-handedness with Moss, or he's going to rip everyone a new one to maintain even-handedness and stick to his usual M.O.

If it's the former, that's a disservice to the team. If it's the latter, it's abusive to Moss in the context of the past week.

I'm honestly impressed you were able to focus long enough to craft such thoughtful sarcasm.

In the context of the press this week, drawing extra attention to Moss' obvious failures on these plays does more harm than good. Thus, it would be tearing him down.

Try nothing, I've repeatedly demonstrated your poor grasp of the English language.

So, to summarize, your greatest insight into this conversation was that Borat had some great quotes. Got it.

LOL at you throwing out logical fallacies then completely ignoring your own. You're up to a few in my count as well. I just wasn't going to point them out because I try not to be a douche on here. But here they are, in all of their glory...

1. We'll start with the ever-important straw man fallacy...

It follows that he isn't going to undermine that effort by tearing him down in team meeting days later.

Considering that I never once said that BB was going to tear him down, your complete twisting of my words in order to make my claim easier to attack pretty much qualifies this for a strawman.

2. How about the fallacy of the personal attack, which you felt so inclined to start right off with?

You should learn to read.

It also stands to reason that you've begged the question with your twist in meaning about "Dungy is right" and then, subsequently, having your entire argument depend on that twist in meaning. It's one of the reasons why I don't believe that you're actually a "higher-up" in your "company". You cannot even apply simple logic. Since you can't, let me do it for you:

Dungy is correct in his assessment of how the Moss situation should be handled.
If Dungy is right, then I believe the coach of my favorite football team should go that route.
Therefore, if Dungy is right then I believe BB should go that route.

Needless to say, I'm not impressed with your basic understanding of Critical Thinking 101. By the way, it's funny to watch you grasp at straws in your defense of why Brady called him out in practice and then defended him with the media. On top of that, you're making Belichick out to be like Schottenheimer. He's not going to rain fire and brimstone down on the team. He's criticism of the players in the film room is more constructive than that. But you're not going to understand that and I won't have a firm grasp on the English language. Got it. :rolleyes:

LOL at you throwing out logical fallacies then completely ignoring your own.
There are none, so there's nothing to ignore. Also, you responded after stating you wouldn't, so it looks like you lose, or at least aren't a man of your word. Good thing Belichick and Brady aren't as hypocritical as you.

You're up to a few in my count as well. I just wasn't going to point them out because I try not to be a douche on here.
That's clearly false.

1. We'll start with the ever-important straw man fallacy...
Considering that I never once said that BB was going to tear him down, your complete twisting of my words in order to make my claim easier to attack pretty much qualifies this for a strawman.
I've clearly stated why Belichick tearing Moss down would be, according to your proposal, the inevitable conclusion. That you cannot follow the logical extension of your own argument doesn't make the point a "strawman".

2. How about the fallacy of the personal attack, which you felt so inclined to start right off with?
That's not a fallacy, that's just a personal attack. But one you invited by being obtuse, deliberately or not.

It also stands to reason that you've begged the question with your twist in meaning about "Dungy is right" and then, subsequently, having your entire argument depend on that twist in meaning.
Again, your failure to comprehend is astonishing. At no point was Dungy being right the crux of my argument. It was never the predicate or phrased as such, and it was certainly not the conclusion. It was the conversational equivalent of "I agree with Dungy." Your attempt to make it the argument means that (a) you have poor reading comprehension and (b) cannot break apart the pieces of a logic proposition in fairly formal language. (b) isn't unforgivable, provided you can accomplish (a), which you clearly cannot.

It's one of the reasons why I don't believe that you're actually a "higher-up" in your "company".
I don't particularly care what you believe. You have yet to demonstrate that your confidence or belief is something worth having, regardless.

You cannot even apply simple logic. Since you can't, let me do it for you:
I suggest you avoid the attempt. You're not very good at it thus far.

Dungy is correct in his assessment of how the Moss situation should be handled.
If Dungy is right, then I believe the coach of my favorite football team should go that route.
Therefore, if Dungy is right then I believe BB should go that route.
This isn't the argument. At all.

Needless to say, I'm not impressed with your basic understanding of Critical Thinking 101.
I gather that's because you never actually took that class.

By the way, it's funny to watch you grasp at straws in your defense of why Brady called him out in practice and then defended him with the media.
There's no grasping at straws. The reasoning is quite obvious.

On top of that, you're making Belichick out to be like Schottenheimer. He's not going to rain fire and brimstone down on the team.
The players, past and current, have stated that he does exactly that.

He's criticism of the players in the film room is more constructive than that.
Being constructive doesn't mean he doesn't deliver the message in the manner befitting a drill sargeant. The two are not mutually exclusive in general, though with Moss in this situation I think they quite obviously would be.

I won't have a firm grasp on the English language. Got it. :rolleyes:
The most accurate thing you have posted.

There are none, so there's nothing to ignore. Also, you responded after stating you wouldn't, so it looks like you lose, or at least aren't a man of your word. Good thing Belichick and Brady aren't as hypocritical as you.

So I responded. Cry about it.

I've clearly stated why Belichick tearing Moss down would be, according to your proposal, the inevitable conclusion. That you cannot follow the logical extension of your own argument doesn't make the point a "strawman".

Then you need to post clear evidence of BB ever "tearing a player down" and "singling him out". Perhaps your definition and my definition differ. That could possibly be the case. Regardless, you need to back that up. Until you do it's the basic definition of a strawman.

That's not a fallacy, that's just a personal attack. But one you invited by being obtuse, deliberately or not.

Not sure of the last time you took a critical thinking class but I just finished one (took the final exam yesterday) and it most certainly is.

Again, your failure to comprehend is astonishing. At no point was Dungy being right the crux of my argument. It was never the predicate or phrased as such, and it was certainly not the conclusion. It was the conversational equivalent of "I agree with Dungy." Your attempt to make it the argument means that (a) you have poor reading comprehension and (b) cannot break apart the pieces of a logic proposition in fairly formal language. (b) isn't unforgivable, provided you can accomplish (a), which you clearly cannot.

Sure it was. Your post...

Then you have a different problem, which is that Brady is publicly defending Moss while Belichick is apparently disciplining him as if he was just any other guy on the team.

I think Belichick is a genius. But if he isn't taking Moss' emotional fragility into consideration this week, he's doing a terrible job of coaching his sort of player. Frankly, Dungy is right on this one. Bill screwed up.

You used the premises of "Dungy is right on this one" to support your conclusion of "Bill screwed up". It most certainly was the crux of your argument. Keep backing away from it though...

I don't particularly care what you believe. You have yet to demonstrate that your confidence or belief is something worth having, regardless.

Sure you do. That's been shown in your repeated responses to me. If you don't care what I believe and truly believed your "you cannot understand the English language" stance, you would have just bowed out a long time ago.

I suggest you avoid the attempt. You're not very good at it thus far.

This isn't the argument. At all.

No it isn't. It's an argument type. 10 points to you if you can tell me what it is.

I gather that's because you never actually took that class.

Sure have.

There's no grasping at straws. The reasoning is quite obvious.

Excellent rebuttal.

The players, past and current, have stated that he does exactly that.

Being constructive doesn't mean he doesn't deliver the message in the manner befitting a drill sargeant. The two are not mutually exclusive in general, though with Moss in this situation I think they quite obviously would be.

I can only recall of ever hearing about BB cursing the team out once. Just once. And that was after this season's loss to the Colts.

Patriots journal: Brady says Belichick ‘cursed out’ team after Indy loss | New England Patriots | projo.com | The Providence Journal

Also notice how Brady mentioned that BB gave it to the ENTIRE TEAM. He didn't exclusively single any one person out. Nor did he exclude anyone that had a bad game. The entire team was included in his criticism in one way or another. This is where you've failed to understand me, time and time again. If BB goes on to say something like, "the dropped passes killed us in this game", then he is pointing out Moss' play along with the play of a Sammy Morris as well. At no point did I say that BB would point to Moss and scream, "you played like garbage! Play better or you're cut!". However, you keep implying that I did, at some point, say that. My best guess is that doing so makes my claims easier for you to attack.

The most accurate thing you have posted.

Actually, that was when I indirectly called you a douche.

Last edited:
So I responded. Cry about it.
I'm laughing about it, actually.

Then you need to post clear evidence of BB ever "tearing a player down" and "singling him out". Perhaps your definition and my definition differ. That could possibly be the case. Regardless, you need to back that up. Until you do it's the basic definition of a strawman.
I'm not posting "evidence" of what is common knowledge for people on this forum.

Not sure of the last time you took a critical thinking class but I just finished one (took the final exam yesterday) and it most certainly is.
*ahem*

From Wikipedia:
The term ad hominem has sometimes been used more literally, to describe an argument that was based on an individual, or to describe any personal attack. However, this is not how the meaning of the term is typically introduced in modern logic and rhetoric textbooks, and logicians and rhetoricians are in agreement that this use (equivocated with "personal attack") is incorrect.

Further:
Gratuitous verbal abuse or "name-calling" itself is not an argumentum ad hominem or a logical fallacy.[4][5][6][7][8] The fallacy only occurs if personal attacks are employed in the stead of an argument to devalue an argument by attacking the speaker, not personal insults in the middle of an otherwise sound argument or insults that stand alone. "
For your sake, I hope your professor is a lenient grader.

Then you have a different problem, which is that Brady is publicly defending Moss while Belichick is apparently disciplining him as if he was just any other guy on the team.

I think Belichick is a genius. But if he isn't taking Moss' emotional fragility into consideration this week, he's doing a terrible job of coaching his sort of player. Frankly, Dungy is right on this one. Bill screwed up.

You used the premises of "Dungy is right on this one" to support your conclusion of "Bill screwed up".

No, I didn't. Here is the argument:

I think Belichick is a genius. But if he isn't taking Moss' emotional fragility into consideration this week, he's doing a terrible job of coaching his sort of player.

Here is an informal addendum for conversational purposes:
Frankly, Dungy is right on this one. Bill screwed up.
Which could easily translate to "I agree with Dungy."

Sure you do. That's been shown in your repeated responses to me. If you don't care what I believe and truly believed your "you cannot understand the English language" stance, you would have just bowed out a long time ago.
Actually, I'm just enjoying watching an inferior opponent attempt to argue on my level. Be honest, every once in a while you play the video game on easy, too.

I can only recall of ever hearing about BB cursing the team out once. Just once. And that was after this season's loss to the Colts.
Then your memory is as terrible as your debate skills. Belichick did it several times in 2007, for starters. Including during the prep week before the Super Bowl.

Also notice how Brady mentioned that BB gave it to the ENTIRE TEAM. He didn't exclusively single any one person out. Nor did he exclude anyone that had a bad game. The entire team was included in his criticism in one way or another.
That was then, this is now.

This is where you've failed to understand me, time and time again. If BB goes on to say something like, "the dropped passes killed us in this game", then he is pointing out Moss' play along with the play of a Sammy Morris as well. At no point did I say that BB would point to Moss and scream, "you played like garbage! Play better or you're cut!". However, you keep implying that I did, at some point, say that. My best guess is that doing so makes my claims easier for you to attack.
Your best guess is pretty awful then. If your contention is that Bill will approach this as business as usual, then you're indicating specific player criticisms in film review. That inherently means Moss will be reviewed if we also follow your contention that everyone will receive equal treatment.

Actually, that was when I indirectly called you a douche.
Well don't be a sissy, just state what you think. The first time, not after I prod you for it.

I'm laughing about it, actually.

I'm glad that your job as a "CTO of a global technology firm" allows you to spend all day on PatsFans.com arguing and laughing at a guy from Florida over a disagreement about the New England Patriots.

I'm not posting "evidence" of what is common knowledge for people on this forum.

It apparently is not.

*ahem*

From Wikipedia:

Further:

For your sake, I hope your professor is a lenient grader.

It's actually pretty funny that you quote Wikipedia after having claimed that you've mastered the skills that go into being a critical thinker. Pretty much takes away any notion of due diligence, doesn't it? What's equally hilarious is that, in trying to explain the concept of a logical fallacy, Wikipedia commits one itself:

...and logicians and rhetoricians are in agreement that this use (equivocated with "personal attack") is incorrect.

Inappropriate appeal to authority.

No, I didn't. Here is the argument:

Here is an informal addendum for conversational purposes:

Which could easily translate to "I agree with Dungy."

Do you think that Bill Belichick should follow the advice of Tony Dungy?

Actually, I'm just enjoying watching an inferior opponent attempt to argue on my level. Be honest, every once in a while you play the video game on easy, too.

This is just the latest example of why you are a douche.

Then your memory is as terrible as your debate skills. Belichick did it several times in 2007, for starters. Including during the prep week before the Super Bowl.

He told the team that they were having a terrible practice and were not concentrating hard enough. I still haven't seen any evidence of BB being willing to omit a single player from criticism, which is what you believe he should do with Moss considering #81's fragile mental state. For all the wind you're blowing about in this thread, you've yet to offer one sound piece of information to back you up on the fact that BB has and is willing to skip over the criticism of a single player because of what's going on in his head. For God's sake, we're talking about a guy who deactivated Richard Seymour because Seymour spent one day too long mourning the loss of a very close family member. I highly doubt that he and Moss are going to embrace and enjoy a good cry over Moss' mental state.

Last edited:
mcdaniels even ran reverses with randy when he was here. considering how he is using brandon marshall maybe pats/moss miss him the most.

The real problem is this has become a morphed topic.

It's obvious that RM played poorly. Every player has bad games. Anyone remember the turd last year against the Steelers?

That's very, very different than saying someone quits.

Also, what's he suppose to do if he's fustrated by poor play? If he was laughing and joking, he would get ripped for "not caring". A blank stare would be met with "he's not interested".

I would fully expect BB to defend RM against the "quitter" thing and ream him for poor play.

The real problem is this has become a morphed topic.

It's obvious that RM played poorly. Every player has bad games. Anyone remember the turd last year against the Steelers?

That's very, very different than saying someone quits.

Also, what's he suppose to do if he's fustrated by poor play? If he was laughing and joking, he would get ripped for "not caring". A blank stare would be met with "he's not interested".

I would fully expect BB to defend RM against the "quitter" thing and ream him for poor play.

As would I. Apparently, you and I are in the minority and that's a foreign concpet among the "Starbucks" crowd.

Try harder

Considering the consistant ****** level of posting you contribute, what is true?

You try really harder to successfully attain the title blog idiot.

Your ****** contributions are the result of really trying less harder

On Brady's INT do you think he could have ran a better route?

I don't know, it's quite possible. I don't have nearly enough information to determine what the exact correct route was in that situation. Nor can I determine what Brady or Moss was seeing at the time. But we can always just play it back in slow mo over and over again and stamp the laziness title on Moss, it's just easier than admitting we don't know something.

When Welker turned up field while Brady expected him to keep going accross the middle earlier in the year, can you definitively say who was right? Was Welker not trying hard enough? Was Brady not trying hard enough?

Last edited:
Could you prove to me that he could in fact try harder, or are you just ASSUMING that he could.

It was an obvious answer to an obvious question. If you are frustrated by poor play, you try harder.

Last edited:
Considering the consistant ****** level of posting you contribute, what is true?

You try really harder to successfully attain the title blog idiot.

Your ****** contributions are the result of really trying less harder

Wait.... YOU'RE calling someone else out for the intelligence of their posting?

Pure. Comedy. Gold.

I'm glad that your job as a "CTO of a global technology firm" allows you to spend all day on PatsFans.com arguing and laughing at a guy from Florida over a disagreement about the New England Patriots.
It's the Holidays, man. We're all a bit more laid back until after the New Year. You should try some Holiday Cheer yourself.

It apparently is not.
It's a shame you're out of the loop, then.

It's actually pretty funny that you quote Wikipedia after having claimed that you've mastered the skills that go into being a critical thinker.
What's funny about referencing the largest source of managed, open and aggregated human knowledge online, with a error rate on par with the Encyclopedia Britannica?

Pretty much takes away any notion of due diligence, doesn't it?
Nope.

What's equally hilarious is that, in trying to explain the concept of a logical fallacy, Wikipedia commits one itself:

...and logicians and rhetoricians are in agreement that this use (equivocated with "personal attack") is incorrect.

Inappropriate appeal to authority.
Wrong. Unless you would also agree that deferring to professionals in other fields, such as biology or medicine, on the appropriate use of terminology is also an "inappropriate appeal to authority". Just because a layperson (i.e. you) wants to warp the terminology of a field against the designs of its researchers and scholars doesn't make it so. Especially when said layperson is some kid who probably just failed his final on the topic.

Do you think that Bill Belichick should follow the advice of Tony Dungy?
I think Belichick should do his best, whatever that may be. And I, along with Dungy and everyone else, will reserve the right to comment on it. Conflating the that with "Belichick should follow Dungy's advice" is disingenuous.

This is just the latest example of why you are a douche.
You're working hard to steal the crown on this one.

He told the team that they were having a terrible practice and were not concentrating hard enough.

I still haven't seen any evidence of BB being willing to omit a single player from criticism, which is what you believe he should do with Moss considering #81's fragile mental state.
Implicit in his (and the team's) forceful defense of Randy is that he will go out of his way to protect, what he himself calls, one of their best players.

For all the wind you're blowing about in this thread, you've yet to offer one sound piece of information to back you up on the fact that BB has and is willing to skip over the criticism of a single player because of what's going on in his head.
Yes I have.

For God's sake, we're talking about a guy who deactivated Richard Seymour because Seymour spent one day too long mourning the loss of a very close family member.
Whoa ho, Master Logician. Let's back up a second before you hurt yourself.

What we know is: Seymour was one date late and Seymour was deactivated for the first quarter of the following game. We don't know if he formally requested the extra time or not, and we don't know if he was denied the time and then ignored Belichick's ordering him back to practice. Further, we also don't know if, for someone like Seymour, that was the right call versus someone like Moss who we can clearly see the results of lost confidence in.

I highly doubt that he and Moss are going to embrace and enjoy a good cry over Moss' mental state.
Which is good, and no one said they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes