PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady defends Moss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing discussions here lately ... some getting it and some missing by a mile. Some trying to figure it out and some to bitter to even try.

It is easy to see that Moss is a tremendously talented player who suffers from a type of depression. He has learned to work around that - but that is easier said than done. Shutting yourself off from the world is one type of defensive mechanisms utilized. You can't rationalize any of this - there is not a rational answer to it. One event ... even a subliminal or minor event can send you downward even if you fight your hardest to keep it from happening.

He will survive it because the lows are balanced out by extreme highs which is how Moss remains productive for a season but not for all 16 games. He is a good guy - not a bad guy - as people in his home area well know. That he doesn't always fight through adversity does not make him a bad guy as a few here and several in the media have suggested. Fighting through adversity happens - it just does not happen immediately or on demand.

On top of all that he is suffering through injury, when was the last time you seen him jump like he has in the past?

Moss gives us a lot ... it's good enough for his teammates and his coaches. He's not going to be perfect or fit into a neat box ... he never has and he never will. I'm sure Belichick knew all this when he signed him and extended him. I'm also sure he has a teammate or two who also suffers ... he'll work it out like he always has in a HOF kind of way.
You sir. You get it. Bravo. :eat2:

Uhm no, wow you are terrible with logic. The NORM was the earth is flat, no one had to go fall off the earth to prove that. It had to be proven that the earth was round. That's a much better analogy. Your apple analogy would only make sense if the claim was that on a certain day apples DIDN'T fall down towards the ground.

And here were go.....

1.) The "flat earth" myth is just that. Feel free to Consult Stephen Jay Gould, the Historical Association (1945), Wikipedia, etc...

So much for that "Norm"....

2.) People understood that apples fell downward from tree to Earth, rather than upward from tree to sky. Newton postulated his theory (later to become a law) as to why. He had to prove and defend his theory. That would be defending the norm, which was what your issue was about.

Last edited:
You're an idiot if you decide to pick on 1 person out of 53 who were all equally bad. You suck ass as a poster.

It is perhaps true that I suck ass as a poster. Certainly, you could find those that hold with that opinion. On the other hand, whether or not I suck ass as a poster is irrelevant to the question of whether or not you, or anyone else, sucks ass as a poster. Even if every single person on this message board sucks ass as a poster, it's still perfectly legitimate to note individuals who do so.

Whether or not it's allowed by Ian and the moderators is another matter.

Nice to see this has turned into a science thread. I was worried that after I took my science final on Monday I wouldn't learn about the subject anymore, then I came to Patsfans.

Last edited:
And here were go.....

1.) The "flat earth" myth is just that. Feel free to Consult Stephen Jay Gould, the Historical Association (1945), Wikipedia, etc...

So much for that "Norm"....

2.) People understood that apples fell downward. Newton postulated his theory (later to become a law) as to why. He had to prove and defend his theory. That would be defending the norm, which was what your issue was about.

You definitely struggle with logic. And this is basic logic too

Nice to see this has turned into a science thread. I was worried that after I took my science final on Monday I wouldn't learn about the subject anymore, then I came to Patsfans.

Stick around. Later we're going to delve into architecture and fashion design. ;)

It is perhaps true that I suck ass as a poster. Certainly, you could find those that hold with that opinion. On the other hand, whether or not I suck ass as a poster is irrelevant to the question of whether or not you, or anyone else, sucks ass as a poster. Even if every single person on this message board sucks ass as a poster, it's still perfectly legitimate to note individuals who do so.

Whether or not it's allowed by Ian and the moderators is another matter.

Nice tactic :rolleyes:

Gamble's comments are evidence, just to note one example. I'm sorry if you don't understand what evidence is, but those comments are, in fact, evidence.

Perhaps this will be of help:

Evidence Definition | Definition of Evidence at Dictionary.com

that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.

Gamble's comments tend to prove nothing, nor are they grounds for belief in Moss' level of effort. But yea thanks for that definition ;)

Using your standards of evidence Brady saying that Moss fights through it is also evidence then? Except just not as good because it doesn't help your case, right?

Someone_Is_Wrong_On_The_Internet.jpg

touche, good night

Gamble's comments tend to prove nothing, nor are they grounds for belief in Moss' level of effort. But yea thanks for that definition ;)

Using your standards of evidence Brady saying that Moss fights through it is also evidence then? Except just not as good because it doesn't help your case, right?

The issue about Gamble's comments is not whether or not they would be evidence. Obviously, they would be. That's without question to anyone who understands the definition. That's why I linked to the entire page rather than just a portion.

Last edited:
Oh so to please you he should have flung the guy to the ground and got a penalty? Or maybe he could have took the ball from him after the play and ran away with it? You said he stopped dead and quit on the play, when in fact he played it out until the END (after the DB went oob, it's over).

And they all were attacking BB during spygate. They all jump at every opportunity to bring him down and attack his character. You have no point here, and I don't give a damn about the dumb media. They don't like guys who make their jobs more difficult. They also tend to take it easy on guys who make their jobs easier.

You are a stubborn fool and believe that you can look at a TV feed and determine these things. You were probably one of those couch psychiatrists talking about Brady's body language a few years back.

No actually it isn't a sign of anything.

Honestly, you've been talking about the subject for 2 days now on about 6 different threads and you've been saying the same exact thing on them all. Give it a rest man, I think people are sick of reading you going back and forth with different individuals on different threads that take up 10+ pages.

Most people believe Moss was not giving 100% effort, you think that isnt true and that we and the media are just assuming things and talking about it because hes Randy Moss. I think its about time to move on and we can revisit things after the game on Sunday

Honestly, you've been talking about the subject for 2 days now on about 6 different threads and you've been saying the same exact thing on them all. Give it a rest man, I think people are sick of reading you going back and forth with different individuals on different threads that take up 10+ pages.

Most people believe Moss was not giving 100% effort, you think that isnt true and that we and the media are just assuming things and talking about it because hes Randy Moss. I think its about time to move on and we can revisit things after the game on Sunday

Others have responded to me equally as much as I have responded to them. So don't act like I'm the only one in this argument that people are sick of reading. It just so happens that I have the facts and logic on my side, while the other side just grasps for straws and ignores everything that goes against what they want to believe.

Others have responded to me equally as much as I have responded to them. So don't act like I'm the only one in this argument that people are sick of reading. It just so happens that I have my opinion and others have their opinions.

I fixed your post (see this is why people hate you).

Just in the mood to beat a little more out of this dead horse...

From a scout:
"Now this is just from me – but I think Randy’s a pro," the scout said. "He’s the consummate veteran player, the epitome of a pro. He knows how and when to take plays off, the difference is he catches a lot (crap) for it, where so many other guys don’t. He can see the difference from one play to the next, and when he can save it for the next rep.

"He’s tremendous. For all the big plays he makes, I don’t think a couple plays off should matter. A lot of guys take plays off."

From Brady:
"I mean, he’s a great competitor. He works extremely hard. He's a huge part of this team, and they don’t break down all the film, and see what we see and what the other team is trying to do game-plan wise. Randy is a great part of this team. He's a leader. He’s a captain. He’s a great teammate for all of us. You’re not going to find anybody in that locker room that doesn’t enjoy being around him. I love playing with the guy. He's made catch after catch this season, last season, the season before [that] really no other player in the league could make. I know everyone wants to criticize all of us when we don’t do well or we don’t play our best and we’re OK with that. That’s just part of the job description, so to speak. I think in our locker room, we’re all trying to focus on what we need to do better and not necessarily what the other guys need to do better. I’m not focused on what those other guys [need to do]; I need to focus on what I need to do better. It’s just part of our jobs and we can all handle it and fortunately for all of us, when you don’t play your best game, whether it’s me or Wes [Welker] or Randy or the offensive line, we get to go out there and play the next week, too. I think we take a lot of comfort in that."

"He’s a very smart player. He recognizes coverages. I think sometimes he knows when he probably won’t get the ball and those are probably the ones they focus on on TV, which he probably won’t, based on the coverage or based on that week of practice. I think that’s a decision … I don’t think any of us go, ‘OK, when you’re triple covered, this is the one you’ve really got to…’ I think sometimes the cameras focus on him at that time and go, ‘Look, this is not really right,’ but I’m sure you can go through a lot of players in the league and do that. And Randy’s there – and believe me, I have so much confidence in him; that’s why he keeps getting the ball. That’s why we go to him in the most critical situations, because he’s one of our very best players. Like I said, I’ve always enjoyed our relationship and we’re all in this together and we all just keep fighting through whatever adversities we face, as individuals and as a team."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back