PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Welker jaw at ref in second-to-last kneeldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
usually you only b*tch about the refs if your team loses, but the refs were truley that bad that they still are a great deal of the converstaion even in our VICTORY.

The refs were pathetic, starting right from the Moorehead "completion" that we had to challenge even though there were TWO, I REPEAT, TWO, refs no more than five yards away looking right at his feet.

and don't even get me started on the pass interference calls

Sorry to break the suspense but....

Rich Eisen: Mike, there were some questionable pass interference calls during the indy-NE game.

Mike Perreira: Well Rich, as you can see here, the referee had good position on these plays, and they were judgment calls, so.....Would I have called them, probably not, but I didn't have his view of the play, so I can't say for sure.

Rich Eisen: OK, great job Mike!

WAY too funny, but you are right. That is basically how it usually goes...

BS guys!! Ref's did a GREAT job. They did NOT, I repeat, did NOT throw the flag against us when Brady went against them after a frigging kneeldown! That by itself shows that they are not anti-Pats. And you guys think otherwise?? You need to get your head examined.

:bricks:

OK, and what would the penalty bring.....5 yards and time off the clock?????

Oh wait, let's check the latest Polian rule change. If the QB opposing the Colts cusses at the refs with under 2 minutes to play, the Colts get the ball on the opponents one yard line.....yeah, that works

MY BAD, JUST SAW THAT YOUR POST WAS AIMED AT SARCASM........AS WAS MINE

Last edited:
That's my boy. The refs ****ed the game up, Tommy was justified in doing that.

I didn't realize we could type that!

Can we get some video of this, the handshake, and Welker's comments after getting that final first down? I could only get the radio broadcast yesterday.

Even my wife (who's only a casual football fan because of my interest in the Pats and the fact her father played ball years ago and turned down a chance to play for the Giants because the pay was so poor back in the 50's) noticed and commented on some of the bogus calls. On the Hobbs call she blurted out "What interference? I didn't see any interference!" I was like "Wow! It really must have been obvious for you to notice it was a non-call!"

You go girl!

Thanks Casbah and the planet...
Well, now that I've seen the video it seems to me Wes was directing his comment to a player not a ref.

Does everyone seriously wonder why their was a rookie Ref team out there ?? How else would you explain a badly called game, in other words, if you want to create an advantage via bad calls, don't use your best, no will believe they could be that bad !

Just some food for thought for the Conspiracy nuts

That play where Welker hit the turf before going out of bounds was another blown call by the ref. Nobody touched Welker before he hit the sideline. The clock should not have been wound. It didn't make any difference, but it just speaks further to the incompetence of that crew.

Last edited:
that video is awesome.

wes welker is good for the kids.

That play where Welker hit the turf before going out of bounds was another blown call by the ref. Nobody touched Welker before he hit the sideline. The clock should not have been wound. It didn't make any difference, but it just speaks further to the incompetence of that crew.

im pretty sure if you go down intentionally, then you are down..

but then again, how do they know how intentional it is and does this only apply to QBs?

anyone?

Remember Bill Polian is the chairman of that committee.

Unless it will directly affect the Colt's it won't happen

How is it that you can challenge a 1 yard placement call and not a 50 yard pass interference? What a joke. It needs to get in front of the competition committee this offseason.

haha, Wes could have been talking to the ref...dont blame him if he was...

but i think he was talking to 26...and i think 26 said something when he came over...maybe "he dropped the ball" ???

You're wrong. Welker 'gave himself up' and went down intentionally therefore the clock stays running.

That's ****ing awesome. Wes Welker, making balding men everywhere proud.

Well there it is. Incontrovertable video proof that the evil, dark side Patriots use bad language. Guess the national writers were right about the evil Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News