PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Welker jaw at ref in second-to-last kneeldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude.

Do you know what the falling-bricks emoticon means? Me thinks he actually agrees with you.

It seems we're the only ones in this thread that caught his sarcasm.:bricks:

Cannot wait for Mike Pereira to explain all these calls on his weekly segment on NFL network with Eisen...

This will be the most watched segment on NFL ever!!!! Please post and sticky when we know when its on!!!!!

I didn't realize we could type that!
On a similar note, I'll be curious to see if Wes Welker catches any hell from the Commissioner for his surprisingly audible, "You f##king s##k!!" scream at the end.

What about the no-call when Harrison was mugged in the endzone?

And the no-call early in the game when Rodney Harrison was bleepin' tackled because he was in position to make the interception makes the bogus calls against Hobbs (yes, truly bogus), Moss (ridiculous), and Samuel (judgment call, but one of incidental contact that usu. doesn't get called) all the more reprehensible.

I think the league had it in for the Patriots. I'm sorry to believe in a conspiracy--they usu. are wrong--but in this case my suspicions are aroused.

It seems we're the only ones in this thread that caught his sarcasm.:bricks:

Yes, the experienced posters in this great website clearly seem to be a step ahead of regular fans. :)

How is it that you can challenge a 1 yard placement call and not a 50 yard pass interference? What a joke. It needs to get in front of the competition committee this offseason.

Yes, I am sure that Pooligan will be glad to work on that....:)

From Florio:

Spinning back the TiVo -- Wes Welker used a little profanity right before the two-minute warning.

"You f--kin' suck!"

I heard "You can't f--kin' cover me" on that play. I'll have to go back and watch it again.

No wink, so it seems like you're actually serious here.

You are full of baloney. They didn't make a call against the Pats at kneeldown because it would have meant _nothing_ to the outcome, it would have just been a timewaster for everyone.

Check out any of the impartial online live blogs from the game. EVERY live blog I've seen so far, calls out the (long) PI calls as BS calls.

Even the live blog on the indystar website admits the calls were bogus.
If you want a laugh, and have some time on your hands, go check out the game day thread on the indy star board...reading the posts as the game goes throught three quarters, the colt fans all full of confidence, and then watching it all slip away in the 4th quarter is very funny.

Hey...my hundredth post! Never thought I would make it, allow me to thank all the little people who made this all possible....

I think on the kneel down, the Colts D lineman that Brady was pointing at was barking out cadence calls (which is illegal, unless you are the Jets). That would seem to be the logical answer as to why Brady was jawing at the official.

I'm actually horse today from yelling at my TV, the two PI calls were terrible, and both times, I thought they were going to go against the Colts.

I watched Vrabel get held with both hands right in front of the ref, and nothing. The PI on Moss in the end zone was criminal, also did anyone else catch on the long one to Moss that he didn't catch, the Colt DB had one of his arms in a elbow lock?

I can only hope the Kraft is chewing someone's ear today.

I was never an expert, but I swear to God I no longer have any idea what pass interference is.

lol...you are exactly right, and I feel the same way...'course, I 've only been watching football for 40 years, I dunno, maybe it I give it a little mroe time, I'll catch on....

Hey...my hundredth post! Never thought I would make it, allow me to thank all the little people who made this all possible....
Congrats on the 100 Seacoast. It won't be long until you degenerate into the 1000's. ;)

Congrats on the 100 Seacoast. It won't be long until you degenerate into the 1000's. ;)

I am afraid I am already something of a degenerate...but it's always nice to have goals :D

all the bad calls aside, the 1 holding call against them was HUGE for us, without it we lose. Not to mention that was pretty stout D to hold them to 6 after the two PI calls.

I've pointed out in another thread that
it takes only one or two crooks on the crew.

It would be nice to think that one of the straight arrows on the crew
saw what was happening - better than even we saw it -
became disgusted ...
and decided on a little compensatory refereeing.

This will be the most watched segment on NFL ever!!!! Please post and sticky when we know when its on!!!!!

Sorry to break the suspense but....

Rich Eisen: Mike, there were some questionable pass interference calls during the indy-NE game.

Mike Perreira: Well Rich, as you can see here, the referee had good position on these plays, and they were judgment calls, so.....Would I have called them, probably not, but I didn't have his view of the play, so I can't say for sure.

Rich Eisen: OK, great job Mike!

Per Brady on WEEI: Was yelling at the refs re: simulated snap count

10 characters.

Last edited:
Re: Brady screaming at the refs

toward the end of the game, anyone know why ? i heard boomer this morning. he says it was because the colts defense was calling out signals trying to get a delay of game or something and brady was livid because of that.

Brady confirmed this on WEEI this morning. Said that the Colts were simulating the snap count - illegal.

Re: Brady screaming at the refs

Brady confirmed this on WEEI this morning. Said that the Colts were simulating the snap count - illegal.

They may have a Jests waiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back