PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges really HATES Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Borges isn't controversial. EVEREBODY hates him

ilduce06410 said:
something like "brady had off-season shoulder arthoscopy"
becomes
"brady's attending docs say he may never throw another pass. patriots front office is obviously culpable. unnamed sources say he was drugged and forced on the field when he didn't want to play."
and the MBAs at the globe say, "well nobody else has that story".

Patsfans.com RULES!!!! We had the scoop on that many months ago from Aurora Faye!

I just wanted to add my two-cents. I agree about boycotting "4 Downs with Felger". In fact after Borges comments I turned it off. The guy is a cancer to that program. What he said had no value at all to the program. Last night I deleted Felger's new show on my DVR as a recorded series program.

Do not watch or listen to Felger's show and the problem will take care of itself. For similar reasons I do not listen to BCN's excerable show. Don't all you folks get more and BETTER analysis here?

I suggest a calm letter to Johnathan Kraft outlining MoeLewis' points about the risks of negative coverage and how depressing BCN's show is with the always negative clowns on board. I would not write to BCN or FSE about Borass becouse they'll just chalk it up as ratings points from a listener or viewer. J Kraft has a different perspective. Write to it.

Michael Holly just said on his radio show that it was he who approached Belichick to write the book, not vice versa.

Borges continues to just shell Belichick at any opportunity, and is an outright liar.

as expected...mike holley on WEEI is denying he was approached by BB to write a book

Holley just addressed this on WEEI but I missed part of it. Did anyone hear it? Was he responding to a call, because I did ask him the question over email?

By the way, I'm not really sure why it matter whether BB approached anyone except that it promotes Bogus' argument that BB is not what he seems.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago I was on a train from NY to Bos and sat near a woman who was an accountant for the New York Times... She spoke in generalities and I spoke in specifics, bottom line was that when the NYT took over the Globe all of the writers were guaranteed their jobs... I am sure there are some parameters on this, but generally speaking it is almost impossible to get rid of this psychotic writer.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be a good idea that we should all start flooding the Globe Editors, but in a perverse way they might misconstrue any campaign as one of support.

shmessy said:
A couple of reactions from your post:

1) Think of those ESPN marketeers as if they were Vince MacMahon and you are complaining to them that the Iron Sheik is too vile and not good for their business. The over-under on their giggle time after you left must be around 20 minutes.

2) "However, he will forever been known as a cheese head from Wisconsin. Sorry. Someone more "local" would have been a better choice."

So you'd rather listen to Cafardo and Borges than some "outsiders" like Holley or Tim Fox? And some wonder where Boston gets its parochial image? Where a person comes from is neither here nor there.

.....I love Michael Holley - he doesn't scream, is articulate and presents his arguments well. Tim Fox is knowledgeable yet lacks charsima - imo. Thing is - they are trying to establish BOSTON roots - if that is a stations INTENTION - they ought to look at a Ron Burton, rather than a Michael Felger.

I have no idea what the over/under on the giggle time was - the Sales Meeting only lasted 30 minutes, and the ****tails afterwards lasted a little longer than that. When I pick up my tickets, I'll ask.

Listen - "They" - mostly sales weasles - weren't exactly enthralled with everything I said.....and I rather doubt they buy into eveything I said either - much like I don't buy much of your arrogant BS. But they asked my opinion - I gave it to them. If it does not "mesh" with yours - the REAL voice of New England - well, I suggest you give ESPN Boston a call.

Originally Posted by shmessy

1) Think of those ESPN marketeers as if they were Vince MacMahon and you are complaining to them that the Iron Sheik is too vile and not good for their business. The over-under on their giggle time after you left must be around 20 minutes.

2) "However, he will forever been known as a cheese head from Wisconsin. Sorry. Someone more "local" would have been a better choice."

So you'd rather listen to Cafardo and Borges than some "outsiders" like Holley or Tim Fox? And some wonder where Boston gets its parochial image? Where a person comes from is neither here nor there.

Garbanza said:
.....I love Michael Holley - he doesn't scream, is articulate and presents his arguments well. Tim Fox is knowledgeable yet lacks charsima - imo. Thing is - they are trying to establish BOSTON roots - if that is a stations INTENTION - they ought to look at a Ron Burton, rather than a Michael Felger.

I have no idea what the over/under on the giggle time was - the Sales Meeting only lasted 30 minutes, and the ****tails afterwards lasted a little longer than that. When I pick up my tickets, I'll ask.

Listen - "They" - mostly sales weasles - weren't exactly enthralled with everything I said.....and I rather doubt they buy into eveything I said either - much like I don't buy much of your arrogant BS. But they asked my opinion - I gave it to them. If it does not "mesh" with yours - the REAL voice of New England - well, I suggest you give ESPN Boston a call.

S-e-n-s-i-t-i-v-e-. I'm so sorry that your fragile ego couldn't handle someone not praising your marketing knowledge. You took the very same offended tact when MoLewisRocks didn't bow down to your greatness also. Calm down and stop looking for enemies around every corner. No one is out to get you. It's alright.

By the way, Ron Burton (who was a GREAT man) died three years ago.

shmessy said:
Originally Posted by shmessy

S-e-n-s-i-t-i-v-e-. I'm so sorry that your fragile ego couldn't handle someone not praising your marketing knowledge.

By the way, Ron Burton (who was a GREAT man) died three years ago.

Of 'fer crissakes - like I know anything about sports marketing (eye roll).....but if you want to know how to stretch your marketing budget - I'm your girl! LOL!!

Oooops - STEVE Burton. My bad! Yes, I hear Ron Burton was a GREAT man and huge into community service and helping underpriviledged youth.

Okay - so sorry to interrupt your cackling - please do continue. We sensitive, parochial, stupid folk could learn something......

Now you can see the look in his eye. The clip is on Youtube:

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/gameday/

PATSNUTme said:
We all know that Borges doesn't lik BB. But, it wasn't until last night watching him on Four Downs With Felger, theat I realized that he really hates Belichick.

This is what he said:

1. When things start falling apart for the Patriots, Belichick will start blaming the ownership, like he did in Cleveland.

2. BB when out and asked Holly and Galbrastat (sorry about the spelling) to write books about him.

In the preface of the Holly book, Holly said that he approached BB and expected to be tossed out. Galb- said that he approached BB about that book.

It's not only what Borges said, it was the look on his face when he said it, that lead me to believe that the dislike is full blown hate.

The Globe should put him on the beat of another sport bercause there is no way he can possibly be objective in his coverage.

Did anyone else see this?

Too bad we can't post a transcript of those statements. Even if we could it still wouldn't give you the look in his eyes when he said it.

I think there is a replay tonight for anyone who is interested.

Brownfan80 said:
If I fabricated my work everyday at my job I'd be fired.

I'm not sure how he manages to simply lie through his teeth to try and make points so consistently and still remains employed. It's pretty rediculous.

When is the last time a sports writer for a major paper was fired for bad or mistake filled writing? Really, I think only a faux pas that generates public outrage and media attention gets you fired. Borges will need to either use a racial pejorative or grossly, obviously and on more than one occasion plagiarize another's work. Constant inaccuracies will not get him fired. He is, unfortunately, with us until death ot retirement. Their profession is one of lifetime employment regardless of competence. My guess would be this is a major contributor to why you see such lousy work in that field. Also, I still contend Felger is not even in the zip code as Borges. Felger, at times, seems to be able to give praise where it is due. Lastly, I agree with the others who say boycott anything Borges does. He won't be fired but could be reassigned to another sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents