PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges really HATES Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franchise12 said:
If Borges accidentially slipped into the shark tank at the boston aquarium and I was the only person there that saw it, I would probally walk away and wouldnt call for help. I HATE THAT IMBREAD, JOKE OF A FOOTBALL WRITER.

That would be cruel to the shark. It'd probably suffer from diahrrea.

The show started at 7:30 pm. At 7:35 or so, Felger gave Borges an opportunity to spew his lies. One second after that, I told my husband to change the channel. He didn't even argue with me and he's more a patriot fan than I am. But as Nut said, you could see the hatred in Borges' eyes.

I told him I'm never watching or listening to Michael Felger again. NEVER!!!!

He's giving this a**hole a forum to spew his hatred and it's disgusting because most fans are just casual fans and don't know any better than to beleive the lies.

I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick wanted out of NE and wouldn't blame him one bit if he left. Shame on the Kraft family for having this **hole on BCN.

It's hatred, not objectivity.

There's a lot of homerism in Washington, gee I wonder why the Red Skins are # 1 in team worth?

belichickaholic said:
The show started at 7:30 pm. At 7:35 or so, Felger gave Borges an opportunity to spew his lies. One second after that, I told my husband to change the channel. He didn't even argue with me and he's more a patriot fan than I am. But as Nut said, you could see the hatred in Borges' eyes.

He's giving this a**hole a forum to spew his hatred and it's disgusting because most fans are just casual fans and don't know any better than to beleive the lies.

I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick wanted out of NE and wouldn't blame him one bit if he left. Shame on the Kraft family for having this **hole on BCN.

There's a lot of homerism in Washington, gee I wonder why the Red Skins are # 1 in team worth?

Glad that you posted that.

I wouldn't have started another Borges thread if it hadn't been for the look he had while he was saying that crap.

We can all read or even listen to him and deduct that he doesn't like BB. That's a given.

However, to see him go off on BB with that look in his eyes is NEW. It shows that this was not about different opinions about the team and the way it's coached and managed.

This is NEW because it was a vivid indication of the PERSONAL HATRED that he has for BB.

belichickaholic said:

I believe Jonathan is in charge of the media empire and he apparently believes that passion derived of anger is preferable to apathy born of success. They just gave Felger a new Patriots Friday segment complete with guaranteed player and management appearances to bolster his teetering ESPN radio show. And I'm sure just like the Red Sox and WEEI the Patriots retain approval rights over the talent that fronts the BCN show. Because they are benefitting financially from it though at the end of the day they will OK whomever drives the ratings. It's a short sighted overall franchise market building strategy (a clear indication that Belioli were not involved in developing it) that could be viewed as ballsy because of their recent winning record, but it could backfire in time if the team does struggle. They have expanded their most embittered critic's access to the fan base because they likely believe the teams performance will continue to make him look to be the buffoon. Let's hope it does for their sake because if not then pulling him off such programming would present another whole set of problems.

RayClay said:
In the original Batman movie, the Joker falls into a vat of chemicals and after surgery is left with a permanent grimace in the form of a smile.

He somehow blames Batman for his fate.

I believe Borges is the psychotic clown whose only satisfaction would be BB's ultimate demise.

Starting with the Jokers quote from the Batman movie and some Wiki nerds analysis of the Joker character, I have replaced Batman and the Joker with the names Belichick and Borges. you be the judge.

The Joker speaks:

"I have given a name to my pain, and it is Belichick"

Part of Borge's prominence among Belichicks's enemies likely derives from the fact that he represents the antithesis of Belichick's personality and methods. Belichick is almost always depicted, even in the campy 1960s television show, as a serious, stoic man who pursues his campaign against crime with utter earnestness and a disciplined, focused mind. In the darker portrayals of the comics and more recent films and television, BB is further depicted as a brooding and humorless avenger who pursues justice as an enigmatic shadow striking from the dead of night. Borges, by contrast, is literally a killer clown, driven by a disordered mind to pursue destruction and chaos with as much panache as possible. His appearance and actions suggest the bright and garish pomp and circumstance of the circus. Nightwing has stated that he believes the Borges and Belichick exist because of each other; that Batman represents order and Joker the chaos that challenges it.

That is absolutely amazing.

PATSNUTme said:
We all know that Borges doesn't lik BB. But, it wasn't until last night watching him on Four Downs With Felger, theat I realized that he really hates Belichick.

This is what he said:

1. When things start falling apart for the Patriots, Belichick will start blaming the ownership, like he did in Cleveland.

2. BB when out and asked Holly and Galbrastat (sorry about the spelling) to write books about him.

In the preface of the Holly book, Holly said that he approached BB and expected to be tossed out. Galb- said that he approached BB about that book.

It's not only what Borges said, it was the look on his face when he said it, that lead me to believe that the dislike is full blown hate.

The Globe should put him on the beat of another sport bercause there is no way he can possibly be objective in his coverage.

Did anyone else see this?

Too bad we can't post a transcript of those statements. Even if we could it still wouldn't give you the look in his eyes when he said it.

I think there is a replay tonight for anyone who is interested.

Sorry, I got rid of FSNE etc. two days ago, when I downgraded my coverage on Direct TV. I just think Felger and Borges su#k, and FSNE does not look out for it's viewers. They black those shows out down here in VA, so I choose not to watch any of their cra#!

Borges is a joke. One of my biggest fantasies, besides the Tyler Faith one:), is to have him give me cra# like he does to handicapped people. It would be Borges RIP.

PATSNUTme said:
We all know that Borges doesn't lik BB. But, it wasn't until last night watching him on Four Downs With Felger, theat I realized that he really hates Belichick.

This is what he said:

1. When things start falling apart for the Patriots, Belichick will start blaming the ownership, like he did in Cleveland.

2. BB when out and asked Holly and Galbrastat (sorry about the spelling) to write books about him.

In the preface of the Holly book, Holly said that he approached BB and expected to be tossed out. Galb- said that he approached BB about that book.

It's not only what Borges said, it was the look on his face when he said it, that lead me to believe that the dislike is full blown hate.

The Globe should put him on the beat of another sport bercause there is no way he can possibly be objective in his coverage.

Too bad we can't post a transcript of those statements. Even if we could it still wouldn't give you the look in his eyes when he said it.

Sorry, I got rid of FSNE etc. two days ago, when I downgraded my coverage on Direct TV. I just think Felger and Borges su#k, and FSNE does not look out for it's viewers. They black those shows out down here in VA, so I choose not to watch any of their cra#!

Borges is a joke. One of my biggest fantasies, besides the Tyler Faith one:), is to have him give me cra# like he does to elderly handicapped people. It would be Borges RIP.

PATSNUTme said:

This is what he said:

He's not on the beat. He's a columnist, he doesn't have to be objective, he just needs to get people talking which is obviously working.

RayClay said:
In the original Batman movie, the Joker falls into a vat of chemicals and after surgery is left with a permanent grimace in the form of a smile.

He somehow blames Batman for his fate.

I believe Borges is the psychotic clown whose only satisfaction would be BB's ultimate demise.

Starting with the Jokers quote from the Batman movie and some Wiki nerds analysis of the Joker character, I have replaced Batman and the Joker with the names Belichick and Borges. you be the judge.

The Joker speaks:

"I have given a name to my pain, and it is Belichick"

Part of Borge's prominence among Belichicks's enemies likely derives from the fact that he represents the antithesis of Belichick's personality and methods. Belichick is almost always depicted, even in the campy 1960s television show, as a serious, stoic man who pursues his campaign against crime with utter earnestness and a disciplined, focused mind. In the darker portrayals of the comics and more recent films and television, BB is further depicted as a brooding and humorless avenger who pursues justice as an enigmatic shadow striking from the dead of night. Borges, by contrast, is literally a killer clown, driven by a disordered mind to pursue destruction and chaos with as much panache as possible. His appearance and actions suggest the bright and garish pomp and circumstance of the circus. Nightwing has stated that he believes the Borges and Belichick exist because of each other; that Batman represents order and Joker the chaos that challenges it.

Holy atomic pile, RayClay! :rofl:

belichickaholic said:

What does homerism have to do with the Redskins worth? Their worth is based on having a new stadium, tons of expensive luxury boxes and an owner who knows how to make money. Being Mike Reiss and not Ron Borges adds nothing to their worth at all.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
He's not on the beat. He's a columnist, he doesn't have to be objective, he just needs to get people talking which is obviously working.
Ron Borges, give yourself up. We can get help for you... medical help! :rofl:

I'm Ron Borges? said:

Blah, blah, blah. Incompetence is incompetence.

Frankly I don't care who Borges hates. He's an awful football columnist....so I've not cared to read his football stuff.

ATippett56 said:
Ron Borges, give yourself up. We can get help for you... medical help! :rofl:

Wait- there could be a rat that needs that medical help . Priorities!

MoLewisrocks said:
I believe Jonathan is in charge of the media empire and he apparently believes that passion derived of anger is preferable to apathy born of success. They just gave Felger a new Patriots Friday segment complete with guaranteed player and management appearances to bolster his teetering ESPN radio show. And I'm sure just like the Red Sox and WEEI the Patriots retain approval rights over the talent that fronts the BCN show. Because they are benefitting financially from it though at the end of the day they will OK whomever drives the ratings. It's a short sighted overall franchise market building strategy (a clear indication that Belioli were not involved in developing it) that could be viewed as ballsy because of their recent winning record, but it could backfire in time if the team does struggle. They have expanded their most embittered critic's access to the fan base because they likely believe the teams performance will continue to make him look to be the buffoon. Let's hope it does for their sake because if not then pulling him off such programming would present another whole set of problems.

What your saying is that J. Kraft sits back and allows this 3 time champion HC to have his name dragged through the mud by this wolf, for ratings and money.

This HC is beloved and deservedly so. He has a family and he shouldn't have to try to sheild his family from this BS.

He deserves better than that. Belichick said himself that he doesn't mind being criticized. But it shouldn't be personal and that's exactly what it is with Borges.

Drag his name through the mud for money. Nice

Clearing up Bogus' misinformation

I just did some research and BB (or rather a friend of BB) did, in fact, approach Halberstam about doing a book but by the time Halberstam met with BB, he'd already decided he didn't want to do it because of the time involved and self promotion aspects of the publishing world. That's when Halberstam came up with the idea of a book about the education of a coach and BB like the idea because it would celebrate his father as well as the other coaches who've had an impact on him over the years.

Halberstam says, BB had no creative control over the book and never saw a manuscript. His profits from the book went to AccesSportAmerica, a group that brings athletic challenges - windsurfing, outrigger canoeing and water-skiing - to children and adults with serious physical or developmental disabilities, that he and Debby Belichick have been involved with for years.

I'm Ron Borges? said:

Seriously, get off of your knees and leave Borges alone! :cool:

Garbanza said:
I met some ESPN Boston radio rep's yesterday. They were asking my opinion on the Boston Sports Radio market. I told them the following:

You could have done better than Felger for the afternoon show. Sure controversy is good and in this market - negative is better than positive because most Boston fans are more comfortable beetching about something. However, he will forever been known as a cheese head from Wisconsin. Sorry. Someone more "local" would have been a better choice.

I told them they could possibly turn off a lot of potential viewers with his FSN show with Borges. They said, "hey, it's good drama." I said, "no. and I tell you why." Felger can get away with "negative" spin because it's "sort-of" thought out, he usually prefaces it with "it's my opinion" and everyone sort of knows he does it for effect. Borges, on the other hand, does it out of hatred. He CLEARLY has an agenda filled with venom. Therein lies the difference. I told them that I do not watch that show BECAUSE of Borges. I told them that I encourage others to do the same too.

I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO STOP WATCHING THE SHOW! THEY WILL GET THE MESSAGE IF WE ALL BAND TOGETHER, PEOPLE!

I encouraged them to check out this site. Let your thoughts be known!!!!!!

A couple of reactions from your post:

1) Think of those ESPN marketeers as if they were Vince MacMahon and you are complaining to them that the Iron Sheik is too vile and not good for their business. The over-under on their giggle time after you left must be around 20 minutes.

2) "However, he will forever been known as a cheese head from Wisconsin. Sorry. Someone more "local" would have been a better choice."

So you'd rather listen to Cafardo and Borges than some "outsiders" like Holley or Tim Fox? And some wonder where Boston gets its parochial image? Where a person comes from is neither here nor there.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
What does homerism have to do with the Redskins worth? Their worth is based on having a new stadium, tons of expensive luxury boxes and an owner who knows how to make money.

Wow, I can't think of anyone who lives New England that fits that description.:rolleyes:

Re: Clearing up Bogus' misinformation

Hoodie said:
I just did some research and BB (or rather a friend of BB) did, in fact, approach Halberstam about doing a book but by the time Halberstam met with BB, he'd already decided he didn't want to do it because of the time involved and self promotion aspects of the publishing world. That's when Halberstam came up with the idea of a book about the education of a coach and BB like the idea because it would celebrate his father as well as the other coaches who've had an impact on him over the years.

Halberstam says, BB had no creative control over the book and never saw a manuscript. His profits from the book went to AccesSportAmerica, a group that brings athletic challenges - windsurfing, outrigger canoeing and water-skiing - to children and adults with serious physical or developmental disabilities, that he and Debby Belichick have been involved with for years.

Nice researching, Hoodie. There's always more to the story, but even if he did approach Halberstam, he most definitely did not approach Holley. It's in the freakin' book. And who cares of he did approach? Is Borges seriously trying to paint Belichick as a crafty media whore? BORGES? The guy who will say anything to get his "opinion" on TV or in print? What a crock!

The guy just makes me uncomfortable. Hatred on the level he seems to have is obsessive bordering on creepy. I have no problem or difficulty avoiding him.

Last edited:
Borges isn't controversial. EVEREBODY hates him

ATippett56 said:
Holy atomic pile, RayClay! :rofl:
borges fooled around with this same pathology and got himself thrown off the Globe's boxing beat some years ago. it was during the great marvelous marvin hagler years. borges pulled out that pathetic hacksaw and switchblade and went after our hero.
as i recall there was eventually a public uproar. and borges began his shtick, diseased and erroneous football observations.
yeah the suits at el globo say, "well he 'stands out' from the other columinists, 'we like to present opposing points of view'.
not only his columns corrosive, they are based on inaccuracies and half-truths.
something like "brady had off-season shoulder arthoscopy"
becomes
"brady's attending docs say he may never throw another pass. patriots front office is obviously culpable. unnamed sources say he was drugged and forced on the field when he didn't want to play."
and the MBAs at the globe say, "well nobody else has that story".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back