Welcome to PatsFans.com

Borges Being Borges.... Again

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +849 / 5 / -3

I didn't see this posted, but I just heard them mocking the story on 98.5. Borges basically is going to be Borges again on his article in the Boston Herald yesterday:

Tom Brady’s doubts inevitable - BostonHerald.com

Talking about going overboard based on one series. Brady hasn't looked right all summer?!? Granted I haven't been to camp, but most camp reports I have read is that he was sharp. Other than the over analyzed INT in the first game, Brady looked like the old Brady to me.

If Borges didn't go overboard like usually, he might have had a valid point. But since he took his contrarian standpoint too far, he looks foolish. Comparing him to Culpepper is comical. Culpepper is a dumb QB who relied on his legs to be effective and instead of working out with trainers and the medical staff, rehabbed on his own.

I don't get his stupidity about Palmer who supposably had a fast start and then fell off after a few hits eventhough in the second half of the 2006 season, Palmer had 16 TDs and 4 INTs (talk about hitting a wall). Palmer had a fast start and a strong finish after his injury.

Carson Palmer: Game Logs
  2. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

There is certainly a mental aspect to recovering from a knee injury that simply requires truly knowing that the knee can take the same ype of punishment prior to experiencing the injury. No one doubts that.

He is simply using drama to state the obvious.

TB will be fine. Might take a few more games, but in the end because he is so damn mentally tough he'll be fine.
  3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 4 / -4

#75 Jersey

"Brady’s struggles, overlooked by many of the sycophants watching him, are not yet anything to be overly concerned about."

Either he completely contradicted himself in just one sentence, or he is calling himself a sycophant.

Has there ever been someone more in need of a shrink?
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  4. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 4 / -4

#75 Jersey

Now that he isn't allowed to plagiarize anymore, he has to go a bit further further field for material.
  5. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's doing neither...What he means is that there are problems but nothing to be concerned about. He just makes it in a snide manner to insult the fans and media who put faith in him regardless of his performance(or possible lack there of) in the preseason and practices.
  6. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

If anyone watched yesterdays broadcast of Comcast NE Sports tonight, they saw Felger,Zolak and another guy totally making fun of Borges column,In fact they went further with Zolak to demonstrate on a monitor of how Brady culd NEVER avoid the sack by Geathers
  7. PATS68

PATS68 Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 6 / -1

#87 Jersey

This story is just speculation and all he did was try to put words into Brady's mouth. BB put it best that they have only been at this for 3 weeks and there is going to be rust.
  8. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

If you take away 2 short offensive possessions against KC then you realize that until 2 weeks ago, Brady has not really played a game since the SB disaster of February 3rd 2008 - Thats 18 months of almost no pro football outside of practice.
    Rusty? - How could Brady be Rusty? :rolleyes:

By week 5 we should have the old Brady back,How the rest of the team helps him in achieving wins from there on out is to be determined.
  9. Patriot 37

Patriot 37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In the 2nd preseason game in 2007, Brady threw 2 picks and looked bad.
    He went on to have a pretty good season.

He played two series against the Bengals !!!!!

Borges is a joke.
  10. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Did you honestly think this would have gone un noticed on Friday...:rolleyes:

Maybe the server problem ate it like ken's analysis...
  11. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +849 / 5 / -3

I took it as a swipe at the media who kisses Brady's arse and the fans who blast Borges for some of the stupd things he writes. I forgot to mention this in his original post.

Personally, I think since Borges has moved to print purgatory in the Herald, he is looking for a controvesial piece to get his name out there.
  12. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  13. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

I'm trying to talk myself out of writing an article about the mental hurdles that an author has to overcome after getting caught plagiarizing and then sending it to Borges.
  14. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Thats pretty funny...LOL
  15. farn

farn Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I, for one, am not too worried about TFB. If I were to list things I thought would hamper NE's chances of reaching their goal, Brady's passing accuracy in pre-season would be pretty low.

If it comes down to Brady as the key to winning or losing, I think we're OK.
  16. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This is what I'd like to say to Wrong Borges.

[​IMG]
  17. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 4 / -0

Hey, how come Borges didn't write this article after the Eagles game? Oh, that's right, b/c Brady looked damn near as good as 07 and threw for 2 TDs in 4 drives. :bricks:
  18. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Wait, people still read hacks like Borges? Why bother. The only good material he ever had he stole from someone else, and his public, deapseated hatred for Bill taints anything he actually writes...
  19. borg

borg Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 10 / -13

Does Wrong even attend training camp....or do the restraining orders from other sports reporters prevent him from attending live events.

WHEN BOXING WRITERS ATTACK BORGES, KATZ HIT EACH OTHER, DECK

This all started when Arum, during an impromptu press conference, began ripping Hopkins for threatening to pull out of his fight with Robert Allen. Hopkins made the threat because he did not want Joe Cortez to referee the bout.

Borges, sitting to the right and slightly behind Katz - who was covering the fight for the New York Times (which owns the Globe and is thus also Borges' employer) - basically said it was about time for somebody to draw the line with Hopkins and stand up to him. That's when Katz injected his unique, and renowned, brand of venom into the mix.

Katz: "Yeah this sounds like a Don King toady, a Don King writer, attacking a guy (Hopkins) Don King hates."

Borges: "You need a punch in the face, I'm really sick and tired of your . . ."

Katz: "Shut the (expletive deleted) up."

This is when the words turned into actions. Borges reached around and landed a hard open-handed blow on Katz's right cheek. Katz never saw it coming. The shot sent Katz reeling back, separating his head from his beret, which went flying through the air.

Katz: "You shmuck. How can you hit a cripple?"

Borges: "You been getting away with that (hiding behind an infirmity) for years."
  20. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +580 / 16 / -8

#91 Jersey

Like I said in another thread, EVERY time Ron Borges generates a thread like this....he wins. The best revenge is to not only ignore him, but the rag who hired him.

From what I understand Borges no longer goes to Foxboro, he pontificates from afar, and when he doesn't have a story, he makes it up....like a lot of guys in the media do. We keep on forgetting that this isn't about the players, its all about them.

God Bless, Mike Reiss the last true reporter standing....may TV not screw him up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.