PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JC Jackson issue “being worked through”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats have no reason to rush to cut him. They have plenty of cap space to be a major player in free agency and his salary doesn’t become guaranteed until right before the start of the season. They can cut him or redo his deal so he takes a major pay cut any time during the offseason.
Strictly speaking, it doesn't become guaranteed until Week 1. He does, however, have a $2M roster bonus due on March 16, so I expect something to happen before then.

It can take well over a year to get medication correct ...
Therapy is just part of it ... doesn't happen overnight ... wish him well.

And I would suspect "getting right" is tougher with an athlete given the side effects, which can include some lethargy, weight gain, appetite interference, sleep issues, to name a few.
I've not paid attention to these meds for over a decade so assume that they've improved quite a bit...?

Strictly speaking, it doesn't become guaranteed until Week 1. He does, however, have a $2M roster bonus due on March 16, so I expect something to happen before then.

I didn't realize he had a roster bonus. That obviously changes what I said at least a bit.

Yep. Seeing how their CB situation is poop, they may want to try and restructure and see if he can stay under a team-friendly arraingement.

If he doesn't agree to the terms, hes cut. If he doesn't perform/has another episode hes cut and the cap charge is minimal.

If we are stuck with this cap because he’s got some emotional issues that would suck.
Reportedly he has been dealing with some mental health issues, it would not be surprising to see it's CTE related. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Yep. Seeing how their CB situation is poop, they may want to try and restructure and see if he can stay under a team-friendly arraingement.

If he doesn't agree to the terms, hes cut. If he doesn't perform/has another episode hes cut and the cap charge is minimal.
Our CB situation? At one point i did think we needed some CB help. However guys played well down the stretch last season.. I really think Austin is an ascending player, 6'1 physical, fast, good ball skills.. he could be the guy needed opposite Gonzo. JC still isn't 100% from that career threatening injury.. he may never be the same player, and he's dealing with mental health issues on top of it all.

Why we are we giving this washed up scrub so many keystrokes?? Cut JC already we have so many other guys with upside on the cheaps.

Last edited:
JC didn't look good against those Elite WR's in our Division you all know who they are Miami have Two and Buffalo and Jets have one each.

JC didn't look good against those Elite WR's in our Division you all know who they are Miami have Two and Buffalo and Jets have one each.
Mayo said he expects him to be a lot quicker and more fluid healing from the injury.
But the contact needs to be cut in half at best.

Mayo said he expects him to be a lot quicker and more fluid healing from the injury.
But the contact needs to be cut in half at best.
I think myles Austin will be the starter opposite Gonzo, imagine having 2 physical, 6"1 press man CBs on the perimeter.. I think JC will be in the rotation if healthy enough.

My guess is that a restructure would include a $2M bonus. A key to the team would be to have a contract of say 3 years with incentives, so that the team will benefit if he does well.

In any case, I expect there to be an agreement. If not, Jackson is cut and tries to get on another team during camp.
==================
It seems clear that Mayo and Wolf want him back. The team risk shouldn't be very high at all.

I think myles Austin will be the starter opposite Gonzo, imagine having 2 physical, 6"1 press man CBs on the perimeter.. I think JC will be in the rotation if healthy enough.
Myles Bryant or Alex Austin?

Our CB situation? At one point i did think we needed some CB help. However guys played well down the stretch last season.. I really think Austin is an ascending player, 6'1 physical, fast, good ball skills.. he could be the guy needed opposite Gonzo. JC still isn't 100% from that career threatening injury.. he may never be the same player, and he's dealing with mental health issues on top of it all.
When Myles Bryant isn't playing 50 snaps a game then i'll declare we don't have a CB problem.

Hes CB5...not CB2

When Myles Bryant isn't playing 50 snaps a game then i'll declare we don't have a CB problem.

Hes CB5...not CB2
He's CB4 at most on this team right now.
Gonzo, Jonathan Jones, Marcus Jones is about as good a trio as there is in the league.

The CB group is probably our best group on the team.

Bryant ought to be converted to FS. He does much better facing the action than trailing (by miles) it.

They'll cut Jackson and probably bring him back on a reasonable incentive driven deal.

I don't get the consternation with his being here, if he's mentally and physically right, he gives them some more size (needed) and plays well against other teams 2's and 3's. He cost them nothing last season, and if they cut him tomorrow he has a zero dead cap hit. He was the very definition of a reclamation project.

Hes CB5...not CB2
Yeah I agree, but me myself was harsh on him.. but he stepped his game up and was a pretty solid CB last season.. you can only get beat so much before you start to change your technique or you won't be in the league long. Collectively we have a solid CB group. We just need a viable option at FS..

Myles Bryant or Alex Austin?
Sorry, Alex Austin I meant to say. I really think this kid is a player.. big, physical, good technique and ball skills.. perfect alongside Gonzo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back