PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JC Jackson issue “being worked through”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GIF by NETFLIX

This was the type of trade that asks for the Owner to fire you. The guy couldn't run and had issues with the Chargers coaches. Yet, he's still traded for. He still graded out as one of the worst CB's in the league after being traded to the Pats. I read other articles and it looks like it's going to be a restructure or release.

Why wouldn't you try to get him help and keep him on the team?

If Wolf & Co. are convinced they can get a better value for the $14,375,000 in cap space that will be devoted in 2024 to Jackson, then they would be negligent in their duties to not cut him. There are only nine NFL CBs taking up that much cap space.

I know that is harsh, but that is the reality of the often times difficult decision making that a GM has to make.

JC can play when he's on point. Hes another year removed from that injury. If he's got his head on straight restructure to a 1 year 3 mil prove it deal. He already got 1 big contract he can do it again if he puts it back together

I don’t see a problem with working with the young lad to help him get straight…while also adjusting his contract.

Last edited:
Because he has a $14M cap hit, sucks now, and has been a problem for literally years for whatever team he plays for.

All for the dude getting help, but a young, rebuilding team can’t afford any cancers of any kind.
How about he just takes a reworked deal? No one else is paying him much more than a couple million at this point.

The Pats have no reason to rush to cut him. They have plenty of cap space to be a major player in free agency and his salary doesn’t become guaranteed until right before the start of the season. They can cut him or redo his deal so he takes a major pay cut any time during the offseason.

If Wolf & Co. are convinced they can get a better value for the $14,375,000 in cap space that will be devoted in 2024 to Jackson, then they would be negligent in their duties to not cut him. There are only nine NFL CBs taking up that much cap space.

I know that is harsh, but that is the reality of the often times difficult decision making that a GM has to make.
I would have to assume they're deciding whether or not to extend him or not. No way they go into next season as things currently stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3