PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges Being Borges.... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is certainly a mental aspect to recovering from a knee injury that simply requires truly knowing that the knee can take the same ype of punishment prior to experiencing the injury. No one doubts that.

He is simply using drama to state the obvious.

TB will be fine. Might take a few more games, but in the end because he is so damn mentally tough he'll be fine.

Perfectlly stated. I had the same surgery, and you do initially think about it. For me, it didn't last long, and now I don't think about it at all. Fact is, my knee is stronger than ever. He'll find that the rehab really builds the muscles around it.

Yet another thread helping make Borges relevant in this town again.

Almost.

Last edited:
Ron's still getting irrelevant info from Marty ... ???
Ron's paid a lot of bills riding that lame horse formerly known as a genius.

Last edited:
How can an article with the following line have any credibilty?

It was a knee-jerk reaction, the kind of human moment he very likely didn’t want to be asked about because he doesn’t like to think of himself as a mere mortal, which was part of the reason he didn’t speak after the game.

As horrible of a writer as Borges is, it still cracks me up that he is even worse at hiding his bias, agenda and school-girl emotional reaction to not being the center of attention.

How can an article with the following line have any credibilty?

It was a knee-jerk reaction, the kind of human moment he very likely didn’t want to be asked about because he doesn’t like to think of himself as a mere mortal, which was part of the reason he didn’t speak after the game.

Thursday night Tom Brady learned this comeback from major knee surgery thing may not be quite as easy as he thought.

Borges is good, he must have esp, he always knows what TB's thinking, I wish I could do that :rolleyes:

He still sucks and I still dont read him.

Last edited:
I emailed Ron Borges, and this is what he sent back to me. :confused:

> Exactly do I always feel a negative vibe coming from your articles
> about the Patriots? It's not like what you write is some big secret.
> It just seems to have a negative feeling or spin on it when usually it
> could and has been taken differently by a lot of people.
>
> Oh well.
>
> Andrew

ever think it might be you always looking for the worst and hence spinning everything into a negative when if someone else writes the same thing you take it differently? Just a thought but maybe you might consider looking in the mirror a little bit on that.
All the best,
Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
ever think it might be you always looking for the worst and hence spinning everything into a negative when if someone else writes the same thing you take it differently? Just a thought but maybe you might consider looking in the mirror a little bit on that.
All the best,
Ron

Did actually write "...if someone else writes the same thing you take it differently?"

The SAME thing, Ron? You want to make any new admissions?
:D :D :D

Controversy sells. Every time this douchebag hack says something like this (usually something anti-Patriots), it gets talked about. It becomes call-in fodder for WEEI (and now the Sports Hub). It becomes talked about in football threads on the Innerwebz. And people click on the links, giving him more and more hits on the sites with them and making his editors and paycheck-signers happy, which makes them give him MORE money and let him write MORE things. And, all the while, he sits back like Emperor Palpatine, moaning, "Yessss.... I can feel your anger... It is goooooood..."

The best way to snuff out a Borges is to ignore it. It will wither and die on its own.

Controversy sells. Every time this douchebag hack says something like this (usually something anti-Patriots), it gets talked about. It becomes call-in fodder for WEEI (and now the Sports Hub). It becomes talked about in football threads on the Innerwebz. And people click on the links, giving him more and more hits on the sites with them and making his editors and paycheck-signers happy, which makes them give him MORE money and let him write MORE things. And, all the while, he sits back like Emperor Palpatine, moaning, "Yessss.... I can feel your anger... It is goooooood..."

The best way to snuff out a Borges is to ignore it. It will wither and die on its own.

This is what I sent back:

Ron,

I am not looking at someone else's writing in comparison. I'm considering my
own feelings on the matters you have written about recently, and I am
certainly not looking for the worst in concerns of your writing. I have read
a couple of your articles recently, and was actually shocked by them to be
honest. I really don't have any previous bias against you or anything.

I have always thought the Patriots are handling the uncertain financial
future very well. As far as the article on Brady's knee? Maybe YOU are the
one looking for the worst and hence spinning a negative, when everyone else
is breathing a sigh of relief. So what if he threw a few high balls, didn't
step into a few throws, and has been operating out of the shoutgun often?
No one was expecting him to be perfect after basically not playing for 18
months since SB XLII.

I'm not trying to come off as a jerk or anything, so if I am, I apologize. I
just want to know why it seems you are so negative? Why don't you write an
article about some of the positive, instead of the being the Herald's
resident contrarian bringing in angry Patriots fans for page hits? (Thanks guys)
It is easy to look at it that way. I want to see a positive spin out of you for once.

Andrew

Guys like Borges doesn't bother me because I know he is creating a persona for readers. I guess I have always been more interested in the contrarians than the homers in general. I don't think anything Borges writes is particularly relevant to anything, but it is much more fun to talk about how he is an idiot for a particular point than talking about how someone wrote an article kissing Belichick's arse for 8 paragraphs. But that is just me.

He doesn't have to write articles kissing anyones ass. Now, if he is seriously just doing to get a rise out of people to generate page hits, that is even MORE infuriating in my mind.

He just seems to focus on the negative, and never mentions any real positive points.

I tore up my knee in college and I can tell you first hand, tt will always be in the back of your mind. and not go away, until you relearn how to trust the knee, and that takes time.

If he takes a hit and feels nothing in the knee - trust earned one stepp forward.

If he takes a hit and feels a twinge in the knee - all trust gone, got to earning the trust all over again.

He doesn't have to write articles kissing anyones ass. Now, if he is seriously just doing to get a rise out of people to generate page hits, that is even MORE infuriating in my mind.

He just seems to focus on the negative, and never mentions any real positive points.

I'm not saying that is what people want from Borges. I am just comparing his contrarian style to the extreme the other way.

Writers (at least columnists which Borges is) and radio hosts often adopt personas to generate ratings. It is just a fact of life.

I'm not saying that is what people want from Borges. I am just comparing his contrarian style to the extreme the other way.

Writers (at least columnists which Borges is) and radio hosts often adopt personas to generate ratings. It is just a fact of life.

Another fact of life is people like me will rant and rave, and stamp our feet steaming around complaining about people like him!

:enranged::violent:

Another fact of life is people like me will rant and rave, and stamp our feet steaming around complaining about people like him!

:enranged::violent:

I can definitely see your point of view. I'm sure most people are in your corner on this one.

I emailed Ron Borges, and this is what he sent back to me.

> Exactly do I always feel a negative vibe coming from your articles
> about the Patriots? It's not like what you write is some big secret.
> It just seems to have a negative feeling or spin on it when usually it
> could and has been taken differently by a lot of people.
>
> Oh well.
>
> Andrew

All the best,
Ron

Im surprised he answered in depth, I sent him an email once and he corrected my spelling and said thanks for writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back