PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boomer Esiason questions broadcast of Brady playcalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, last nights brady could be heard amazingly well...not fair it seems...

however, i ddid hear him yell out the names....something funny with that...

also, i id dNOT notice it for feeley...

I think getting all the offensive audio keywords of Brady's line calls may be even worse than videotaping defensive hand signals. Does anyone else see some blatant hypocrisy and double standards in the severity of the Pats punishment?

I think getting all the offensive audio keywords of Brady's line calls may be even worse than videotaping defensive hand signals. Does anyone else see some blatant hypocrisy and double standards in the severity of the Pats punishment?

Um.........yep.

The thing was, when he called out to Randy, he told him what to do on that play and I couldn't belive that they were airing that on NBC. He said "Randy, they've got deep coverage" then made a gesture at Moss. I was stunned.

Now, as it happened he threw to the other side of the field immediately after that, but if his first option weren't open...

Big Show on EEI is telling BB (who said he didn't know) that TV showed and broadcast every word clearly that Brady was saying, including the names of the wideouts. BB said he'd "check it out".

i thought it was cool, but i guess he does have a point on what other teams can do w/ it

Was definitely cool to listen to. Got no problem with it as long as all teams have their QB signals broadcast. Not fair to pick out certain QB's and teams.

I heard him clearly look at Moss and say,

"If he comes, you're hot."

Oh and not for nothing but I thought it was very cool.

Last edited:
Is the umpire the guy w/ the mic, or is it hanging from that swinging camera above the field?

why didnt profootballtalk and florio pick up anything on this ?

Other teams can watch all the tape they want. It's about execution and matchups. I think we would need to turn over the ball at least 3-4 times in order for another team to beat us right now.

BB was almost taken back when the Big O asked him about this yesterday. Rewatching the game, they only did it for Brady and not Feeley.

From the Steelers board...................
BTW, did anyone else notice just how audible Brady's cadence was during the TV broadcast? I hope future NE opponents, including the Steelers, use NBC's footage to try to decode Brady's audibles (sort of what Miami did a year ago). Unlike Belichick's blatant cheating, taking advantage of such an opportunity would be completely legal.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21638&page=10

BTW, the fans of the team that lost to the Jets and beat the Fins 3-0, think they are a lock to beat the Pats.

I can only hope that the Commish somehow has to explain this.

When Belichek was interviewed on WEEI yesterday Big O asked him if Brady was miked up and told him what came across the broadcast. BB seemed amazed and told them he would get to the bottom of it. Big O and Pete the WildMan said he seemed extremely miffed when BB left.

From the Steelers board...................
BTW, did anyone else notice just how audible Brady's cadence was during the TV broadcast? I hope future NE opponents, including the Steelers, use NBC's footage to try to decode Brady's audibles (sort of what Miami did a year ago). Unlike Belichick's blatant cheating, taking advantage of such an opportunity would be completely legal.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21638&page=10

this is exactly what i'm talking about, it's ridiculous how one thing is totally legal and the other is branded cheating and fined such a stiff penalty.

If dudes on patsfans.com know that Omaha means max coverage, I am sure a coach with 5 superbowl rings will be creative enough to change the signal next week.

If Dallas beats us in the superbowl, its because:

(A) they stole Brady's audibles from the first meeting this season. In the two weeks before the big game, McDaniels will be too busy making flight arrangements for Sunday night to San Francisco to reset the full protection audible of "omaha" to an alternate such as "bismark"

or if GB beats us in the superbowl its because:

(A)Belichick will overlook the fact that people have been (trying) to steal signals for every single play against his teams of his 30+ years of coaching in the NFL and puts in the same audible package that Parcells gave Bledsoe 11 years ago. He figures that since they don't have Desmond Howard, it should be a good enough plan to win the game. Favre remembers signals and tells Charles Woodson who blitzes from the blind side at the most opportune moments.

I noticed he called out 96 almost every play and I noticed he pointed at the DT lining up in the middle was the number 96. I wonder what that meant? Was that where he thought the pressure was going to try to flow in from?

If Dallas beats us in the superbowl, its because:

(A) they stole Brady's audibles from the first meeting this season. In the two weeks before the big game, McDaniels will be too busy making flight arrangements for Sunday night to San Francisco to reset the full protection audible of "omaha" to an alternate such as "bismark"

or if GB beats us in the superbowl its because:

(A)Belichick will overlook the fact that people have been (trying) to steal signals for every single play against his teams of his 30+ years of coaching in the NFL and puts in the same audible package that Parcells gave Bledsoe 11 years ago. He figures that since they don't have Desmond Howard, it should be a good enough plan to win the game. Favre remembers signals and tells Charles Woodson who blitzes from the blind side at the most opportune moments.

Green Bay ALREADY BEAT US ONCE IN A SUPERBOWL BECAUSE OUR "COACH" WAS TOO BUSY GETTING HIS NEXT JOB INSTEAD OF OH MAYBE GO OVER SOME KICKOFF COVERAGE.

Green Bay ALREADY BEAT US ONCE IN A SUPERBOWL BECAUSE OUR "COACH" WAS TOO BUSY GETTING HIS NEXT JOB INSTEAD OF OH MAYBE GO OVER SOME KICKOFF COVERAGE.

Yup, I'm still pissed about '96. That was a very winnable game but Parcells didn't give two sh!ts whether the Pats won or lost.

I want to see GB in the SB this year so Troy and Tedy (I think he was on the team then, right) can get some revenge.

When Belichek was interviewed on WEEI yesterday Big O asked him if Brady was miked up and told him what came across the broadcast. BB seemed amazed and told them he would get to the bottom of it. Big O and Pete the WildMan said he seemed extremely miffed when BB left.

Wow! If he is indeed miffed, I hope BB raises hell!

Question to those suggesting that it does not matter because the coaches will change the signals: considering how intensive the playbook already is, will the players be comfortable changing the meaning of the signals every week?

I am putting myself in for example on one of the OL's shoes and it is just amazing to even have some moments to think during the calm-before-the-snap because in addition to trying to figure out what the opposing defense is trying to do, I have to make plans to block/hit/steer away a demonic force trying to bring down my QB, have to be alert to the last minute change in call by my QB, and wait...what he just now called does not mean what it meant last week! whew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft