PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolt fans confident

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make that claim sincerely signifies you know little about defenses and have not done the research or observation required to give any value to your statements. This is simply ignorant of you. At the very least, you should remember
You should remember who won. I understand that if games were decided by numbers of yards gained and lost, the Chargers would be superbowl champs. Alas, the only stat that counts is # of wins.

You really speak poorly for yourself with your baseless, outright claims. Antonio Garay is undeniably the best D-lineman, Castillo would be considered a solid 2nd last year, but Liuget has taken that ranking. Mostly, Castillo is there to do the dirty work, attract the double teams, open up slots, etc. Chargers fans widely dislike Castillo, mainly because he does his job and hardly has those dynamic plays he was given a nice contract for years ago (but his role has changed). Nonetheless, Vaughn Martin was dynamic in the preseason and the hope is for him to carry that over to Sunday's game (and the future).
Speaking of baseless claims :rolleyes:

he was named Special Teams MVP in the UFL
You're reduced to bragging about how your players did in the UFL? Are you serious?

Rich Bisaccia is one of the best Special Team coaches in the league
He is in the top 32, but not yet in the top 31.

A TD return will not happen on Sunday..
Ha ha. You told Viking fans this last week.

Yeah, he created match up problems all across the league. However, look out for the Mathews and Tolbert tandem whom have so far been a dynamic duo with a one-two punch.
Punch? They combined for a little over 3 yards a carry. As a one-two punch they are about the worst in the league. You should have kept Sproles.

This game should be close and come down to the last seconds. Chargers and Patriots have always been great, tough match ups, and that’s something the much acclaimed Belichick and Brady have wholly acknowledged.
This game will be close until kickoff. BB and Brady say the exact same thing about the Bengals, so don't read too much into that.

The Pats win a beatdown, or the Chargers stomp the Pats, or it remains close, or it’s a marginal win for one side. There’s a wide spectrum here and it could go any which way. It has in the past and it should continue to.
Refresh my memory about the past. What is Rivers' record playing against Brady in Foxboro? Hell, what is Rivers' record against Brady all-time?

Before people get over the top about this game perhaps they should read a very interesting interview of Brady and Belichick on Chargers.com. I don't think they were just being polite....hmmm....since when is Belichick Mr nice guy :).

Conference call: Belichick and Brady

They both talk about how difficult it was playing the Chargers last year and how except for the turnovers the game was in doubt. More importantly they say why it was so difficult.

The Patriots have tried to upgrade problem areas. But so have the Chargers. They are now a much better team than last year, especially on defense. They have an excellent secondary with very good depth. Belichick mentions Dante Hughes, and yet he is a backup CB who was the primary nickel DB. They have a second round pick named Gilchrist who was very impressive in camp and preseason. This guy is very fast, 4.2 /40 yd speed, good coverage skills and a solid tackler. But he's probably #4 on the depth chart. On most teams he would be starting as a rookie.

Unlike last year this Charger team is intact and healthy. Last year when the Patriots played the Chargers they were without 2 key starters, Vincent Jackson and LT McNeill. They pose a big matchup problem just from their base offensive set. They have 2 tall fast WRs on the outside that will take the NE corners deep and pull the safeties with them. Then you have TE Gates in the deep middle, now you have RB Mathews, FB Hester in the flats or short outside. The Chargers can put 5 good receivers on patterns just from their base set. Make no mistake Mathews in space can take it the distance from anywhere on the field.

How deep are the Chargers at RB? Patriot fans probably are familiar with RB Jordan Todman. He had an outstanding camp and preseason and he might not be active for this game though he's healthy.

The defense the Patriots are going to face was the #1 defense last year and they are actually stronger and deeper this year. The same can be said for the Charger offense. Don't be deceived by the Vikings game. The Charger starting offense had very little work in preseason. Last week was their shake the rust off game. By the end of the game the offense and defense both were dominating and looking back to form.

Read the interview, your own QB and HC will tell you the measure of the team coming to Foxboro on Sunday.

Wow! My goodness!!! Belichick and Brady said nice things on media Wednesday about an opponent before the game??????

Will wonders ever cease?????

Gato, welcome to being an NFL fan. You are evidently starting a new and wonderful journey!

Congratulations on your come from behind win at home against Done-van McNabb and those Minnesota Vikings! :D :D :D

Last edited:
I read that piece last night...so did most everybody else...this is nothing but standard Belispeak....same every week...rinse, lather..repeat.

I've been a rabid NFL fan since the 60's...one thing about San Diego fan that EVERYONE knows...six foot swells or a skateboard contest and you won't hear from them for a week.

in reponse to that idiotic post about Brady and smoking dope...that's pretty rich, coming from an idiot who lives ten minutes away from the biggest port of entry for weed in the history of the United States..."did you see Brady's eyes???they were slits!!!"...I can honestly say, of all the unflattering shots over the years of TFB,...no...I have never seen these "pot" eyes..and if a Jet fan has never made this ridiculously moronic statement even then I must call this post utter bullshyte.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your come from behind win at home against Done-van McNabb and those Minnesota Vikings! :D :D :D

And congrats to you on your win against the fins. lol
Everyone knows they're going places. :rolleyes:

And congrats to you on your win against the fins. lol
Everyone knows they're going places. :rolleyes:

and congrats on you for still having eyes after watching your kicker miss three chip shot FG's in that humiliating loss in the playoffs to the Jets...I'd have ripped mine out after that debacle:bricks:

Last edited:
Actually Bilichick and Charger GM AJ Smith spend time together in the off season. Bilichick and Norv are friends. But having watched that game what they both said was accurate. Being a Charger fan I know this team very well. But unlike most I'm not blind to weaknesses they have.

I'm telling you with no BS this is the best roster top to bottom that I have seen in a long time. If they have a weakness offensively it's the right side of the offensive line. RT Clary is very vulnerable to very fast powerful rushers. as a consequence he is the most flagged olineman due to false starts. RG Vasquez occasionally will miss a blocking assignment and isn't strong on the run. Because of that the Chargers primarily run to the left. I don't know enough about the Patriots to know what the dline strength is like.

LG Dielman, is generally solid in his overall play. But his weakness is poor lateral quickness. He has problems adjusting laterally and at times will give up penetration to a delayed rush where he has to come off a block to re-engage.

LT McNiell is very good overall. Center Hardwick is a ProBowl center. If the Patriots have any chance of getting to Rivers its on that right side. That said, Rivers is very good at getting the ball out quickly. The Chargers are very good at exploiting blitzes. Blitz too much and you will get burned badly.

Rivers is every bit as good as Brady when it comes to presnap reads. Both these guys pretty much know where their throw is going before the snap. Both are very good at making adjustments and changing the play.

Look for Norv to get the ball to Mathews on short quick passes. He is a potential homerun hitter each time he gets the ball in the open field. To control Mathews on the ground the Patriots will need to keep him bottled up behind the LOS. If he gets to the second level watch out. I have to wonder how well the Patriots will be able to control the LOS when Haynesworth is out.

Defensively, OLB Phillips is the key man. He plays the pass and run equally well. If there is an irreplaceable man on defense it's him. While Merriman was getting all the press, Phillips was putting up similar numbers. Now with the addition of OLB Antwan Barnes the Chargers can bring heavy pressure from the corners. Don't be misled by Miami. These two Chargers are much better. With you starting center out I hope his replacement is good. Garay the starting NT for the Chargers is perhaps the most underrated player on the team outside of San Diego. He can beat most centers one on one and does a great job at getting penetration in the middle.

They have two really good DEs. Martin is a physical freak, big and strong, and most of you know about Liuget. Liuget is the real thing, fast, powerful, relentless. Make no mistake this is not Miami's front 7.

The hurdle that the Chargers need to overcome is beating themselves. I think they hold the record for self destruction. That is the Patriots biggest advantage. But on occasion they do play a clean game and when they do they generally blow the other team out.

This is a very good game from an historical perspective. You have two QBs who both very well could end up in the HOF playing against each other. Now add in TE Gates and you have another potential HOF player in the same game.

All said and done the biggest advantage the Patriots have might be the Chargers history of self destruction. But if they don't self destruct the Patriots are in for a very long and physical game.

Good luck to both teams in that may no one get seriously hurt. This will be a great game. I got a feeling these teams will meet again in January. Hopefully it will be in San Diego next time. :D

Before people get over the top about this game perhaps they should read a very interesting interview of Brady and Belichick on Chargers.com. I don't think they were just being polite....hmmm....since when is Belichick Mr nice guy :).

They both talk about how difficult it was playing the Chargers last year and how except for the turnovers the game was in doubt. More importantly they say why it was so difficult.

The Patriots have tried to upgrade problem areas. But so have the Chargers. They are now a much better team than last year, especially on defense. They have an excellent secondary with very good depth. Belichick mentions Dante Hughes, and yet he is a backup CB who was the primary nickel DB. They have a second round pick named Gilchrist who was very impressive in camp and preseason. This guy is very fast, 4.2 /40 yd speed, good coverage skills and a solid tackler. But he's probably #4 on the depth chart. On most teams he would be starting as a rookie.

Unlike last year this Charger team is intact and healthy. Last year when the Patriots played the Chargers they were without 2 key starters, Vincent Jackson and LT McNeill. They pose a big matchup problem just from their base offensive set. They have 2 tall fast WRs on the outside that will take the NE corners deep and pull the safeties with them. Then you have TE Gates in the deep middle, now you have RB Mathews, FB Hester in the flats or short outside. The Chargers can put 5 good receivers on patterns just from their base set. Make no mistake Mathews in space can take it the distance from anywhere on the field.

How deep are the Chargers at RB? Patriot fans probably are familiar with RB Jordan Todman. He had an outstanding camp and preseason and he might not be active for this game though he's healthy.

The defense the Patriots are going to face was the #1 defense last year and they are actually stronger and deeper this year. The same can be said for the Charger offense. Don't be deceived by the Vikings game. The Charger starting offense had very little work in preseason. Last week was their shake the rust off game. By the end of the game the offense and defense both were dominating and looking back to form.

Read the interview, your own QB and HC will tell you the measure of the team coming to Foxboro on Sunday.

Who do we play next week? You can just substitute their name for "Chargers" in this interview and you won't have to waste your time listening again. Nobody knows what will happen and Brady and BB never diss an opponent prior to a game.

I never understand why opposing fans come here and: 1) are shocked that Pats fans think the Pats will win and not the opponent; 2) argue ad nauseum why they are right and we are wrong; and 3) get offended and start with the Cheatriots crap when we won't change our minds. If you want someone to agree with your opinions, then go post on a Chargers forum.

Last edited:

*Snip*

I've said in this thread that I think it is going to be a close game and that the Chargers are being underestimated by many. So don't think the point of my post is to undermine your point that the Chargers are a good team. I realize they are.

However, with this one, single lengthy post you've shown that you have never listened to a Bill Belichick interview before. There is no way you could have listened to his monotone voice in a mid-week interview before and make this statement. He talks up every opponent like they are a playoff team. Always. Every week. Without fail. According to Bruschi he has four rules regarding the media and #3 below would be why the New England media knows they will never get bulletin board material from Belichick. You should've just presented your case without trying to insinuate we are all unabashed homers who are blindly ignoring our own coach and QB. It's not blindness...we ignore what they say about other teams BECAUSE IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME THING.

The media rules (according to Tedy Bruschi):
1. Speak for yourself. “That’s something Coach Belichick always said — ‘Don’t worry about anyone else’s situation, on another team or your team, always think about your job, doing your job, and commenting on that.”

2. Never talk about injuries. “Never let them know if you’re hurt or not hurt.”

3. Pour on the perfume. “This is compliments. You want to spray that perfume on your opponent on Wednesday all the way through Saturday, and then get the job done on Sunday.”

4. Fall back on cliches. “When in doubt, use the old safe cliche. You love those — ’100 percent’, ‘one day at a time.’”

Last edited:
I personally don't mind the opponents supporters visiting our site as long as the are here for a civilized conversation....and not smoking weed before conversing :)

and congrats on you for still having eyes after watching your kicker miss three chip shot FG's in that humiliating loss in the playoffs to the Jets...I'd have ripped mine out after that debacle:bricks:

While we're on past seasons I may as well congratulate on your Super Bowl Wins* I bet it took a lot of tape to get those. We'll see if you guys can finally do something in the Playoffs without your video cameras. :rolleyes:

While we're on past seasons I may as well congratulate on your Super Bowl Wins* I bet it took a lot of tape to get those. We'll see if you guys can finally do something in the Playoffs without your video cameras. :rolleyes:

I rest my case.

I would also like to congratulate the Chargers on your last superbowl.....victory.......
btw how is your supply of weed holding out......

:deadhorse:

Last edited:
I rest my case.

Your boys started with the jokes, not me. I don't expect you to do anything. A little smack talk comes with the sport. This is football not ballet. Don't get your panties all ruffled up over it. lol

Your boys started with the jokes, not me. I don't expect you to do anything. A little smack talk comes with the sport. This is football not ballet. Don't get your panties all ruffled up over it. lol

I still rest my case.

At the end of the season we could look back at this one as the game of the year, it's gonna be a spectacle. Chargers are very talented as usual, but can they come into Foxboro and beat a much improved Pats team with Brady peaking? I can't see it. NE has added some tall talented corners since the last time these teams met, and they'll make a big difference. But I still see a 34-30 type of game.

Last edited:
-Straw man argument. When it comes down to it, the Chargers were ranked as the better defense in all categories, so there's that. As for conjecture, they're a better all-around defense and simply have more playmakers. You'll take notice on Sunday

You're another one who likes to use words and terms without knowing what they mean. Look up "straw man" so that you get it right next time. Since you're tossing the word ignorant around, you should probably avoid actually proving yourself to be exactly that.

Having noted that, and seeing that Smessy found the time to respond to your post after I did, I'll just sit back and laugh at your responses.

I dont believe any bolt fan is confident going into this game. Specially after watching a bad Vikes team go up 17-7 at our house (i was there) Yeah we have some homer fans like every team in the league has but most of us know this is going to be a very tough game. I myself will be happy to go in there and loose a tough game by 3 points. I would not feel that bad about it. All in all yes I think we have a chance and its way to early in the season for either fans to know what our teams are made off. Good look stay healthy and I cant wait to see what happens.

P.S. The only thing I am sure off is betting the over on the game. I havent even seen it but its probably like 77 or something. Stay Hydrated Boston I mean it is a 4:15 game

Last edited:
I dont believe any bolt fan is confident going into this game. Specially after watching a bad Vikes team go up 17-7 at our house (i was there) Yeah we have some homer fans like every team in the league has but most of us know this is going to be a very tough game. I myself will be happy to go in there and loose a tough game by 3 points. I would not feel that bad about it. All in all yes I think we have a chance and its way to early in the season for either fans to know what our teams are made off. Good look stay healthy and I cant wait to see what happens.

P.S. The only thing I am sure off is betting the over on the game. I havent even seen it but its probably like 77 or something. Stay Hydrated Boston I mean it is a 4:15 game

With the Chiefs having already lost Moeaki and Berry for the season, I really like your team's chances of winning the division this year This game could certainly be just the first of two, regardless of who wins.

And I think those of us who don't attend the game should make sure we're hydrated as well. You can never be too careful, after all. ;)

Last edited:
I still rest my case.

I never understand why opposing fans come here and: 1) are shocked that Pats fans think the Pats will win and not the opponent; 2) argue ad nauseum why they are right and we are wrong; and 3) get offended and start with the Cheatriots crap when we won't change our minds. If you want someone to agree with your opinions, then go post on a Chargers forum.
LMAO
Hypocrite much?
First of all, it appears you came to us too or this thread wouldn't exist.
Second, it appears that you expect us to not be confident in our team.
Third, you are going to have to win at least 1 Super Bowl without the cameras for the cheatriots thing to go away. Just like we will have to win at least 1 Super Bowl for the perennial losers thing to go away. So.. If you're going to talk smack don't expect that to not get thrown in your face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back