PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Cryin: Manning is the better QB (from 1/31/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bob Cryin: Manning is the better QB

As much as it pains me to say, if Manning wins next Sunday, he deserves the title of best QB regardless of Brady's condition right now. The Colts defense has been great thus far in the playoffs but in the regular season they were nowhere near a 14-0 defense. Hardly a running game to speak of. Manning makes up for it all.

That being said, there's alot of football left to be played till they are done. If Manning does win, it could be a blessing in disguise as we remember how well Brady played last time Manning won a title.

And if Manning chokes like he usually does in the playoffs, I won't want to hear anymore about Manning being better than Brady.

Yep, if you ask coaches who they would rather have in a playoff game, I can promise you most of them will choose Brady over Manning. Manning would probably be chosen in a regular season game but not when it really matters.

I would wholeheartedly disagree with that.

It would be fairly close, but I think most coaches would take Manning...

I would wholeheartedly disagree with that.

It would be fairly close, but I think most coaches would take Manning...

In a playoff game?? Lets see, Manning has a history of choking in the playoffs and Brady has a history of winning. :) Yeah, sorry, no offense but you're not living in reality if you honestly believe that.

Kind of a schizophrenic post. You say at first the whole history needs to be looked at and then you conede the award the Peyton if he wins the Super Bowl.

If my post is schizophrenic then yours would qualify as ADHD and a refill on the Ridlon. I equated this whole debate to that of a heavyweight fight and in my opinion if Peyton wins the Superbowl next week I would put him ahead on the score card with 5 rounds to follow. That's all.

If my post is schizophrenic then yours would qualify as ADHD and a refill on the Ridlon. I equated this whole debate to that of a heavyweight fight and in my opinion if Peyton wins the Superbowl next week I would put him ahead on the score card with 5 rounds to follow. That's all.

Ridlon?

I'm not the one that needs to slow down.

A scorecard, by the way, gives fighters points for winning the round. It doesn't matter if they win 10-1 or 10-9. They could lose the points total 94-64 and still win the fight 6 rounds to 4. If that's the metaphor you're using, then I'd say Don King is Manning's agent and he also has connections to the scorekeepers.

Last edited:

History of him wilting?

Do you want to recap how Brady's seasons have ended since 2005?

Not with Brady wilting.

Even in the Super Bowl, Brady lead his team on a long drive with under 2 minutes to play for the go ahead points.

He put up 34 points on Indy.

When I say Manning wilts, I'm talking about 3 or 4 interceptions thrown and less than 14 points scored.

It would be a much more interesting poll today, rather than a few years ago.

Manning has evolved more...

lol I knew that was coming. How has Manning evolved exactly? And how has it made him better than Brady?

I'm sure if there was a poll today and they still picked Brady, you would say they didn't know what they were talking about. Just remember though. If the Colts lose the superbowl because of Manning, your argument goes out the window. :) If Manning is so great he should be able to carry the team like Brady did so many years.

Ridlon?

I'm not the one that needs to slow down.

A scorecard, by the way, gives people points for winning the round. It doesn't matter if they win 10-1 or 10-9. If that's the metaphor you're using, then you probably work for Don King.

Actually you need to slow down. I'll try to explain it once more and then I'll be done with it regardless of anymore snappy:rolleyes: comebacks you have. I look at the whole "who's better" debate to that of a championship heavyweight fight. IMO Brady is ahead on a scorecard with his 3 SB rings, 2 SB MVP's, One more SB appearance along with the single-season TD record and one regular season MVP against Peyton's 1 SB ring, 4 regular season MVP's, and several NFL records. IF Manning wins the SB then I would simply put him slightly ahead at this point knowing that TB still has 4-5 years left to play in his prime. That being said, I hope the Colts get their asses handed to them in the SB and believe the Pats will win at least 1 more SB before it is all said and done.

Actually you need to slow down. I'll try to explain it once more and then I'll be done with it regardless of anymore snappy:rolleyes: comebacks you have. I look at the whole "who's better" debate to that of a championship heavyweight fight. IMO Brady is ahead on a scorecard with his 3 SB rings, 2 SB MVP's, One more SB appearance along with the single-season TD record and one regular season MVP against Peyton's 1 SB ring, 4 regular season MVP's, and several NFL records. IF Manning wins the SB then I would simply put him slightly ahead at this point knowing that TB still has 4-5 years left to play in his prime. That being said, I hope the Colts get their asses handed to them in the SB and believe the Pats will win at least 1 more SB before it is all said and done.

We need to look at all these records closely. The Patriots page has a long list of Brady's records, including his most completions in the Super Bowl, and it wasn't only the YTD record he set in 2007.

The MVPs don't impress because they are awarded for the regular season.

People overrated Manning because of his regular season performance. Heck, those same writers who voted him MVP then made him and his 12-4 Colts the overwhelming favorites against the 14-2 Patriots for a game AT Foxboro. That tells you how much they used to ballwash the guy in those years, and meanwhile the Patriots would jump on Tom Brady's back and win Super Bowls. They surely didn't win them in those years on the back of the defense.

Who was more valuable in those years? I'd say without a doubt Brady.

So, if we're scoring it by round, Brady is still ahead no matter what.

One more thing about Brady and his prime, Brady is only one year younger than Manning. It's entirely feasible that Manning plays football for 6 more years, maybe longer than Brady.

The Pats fanbase is only as old as this message board?

I seem to remember fans before then.

There's no way you could have done that unless you were living in New England and hanging around Pats fans. In 2001, the internet wasn't as pervasive as it is now.

I have no problem with anyone saying Peyton is better than Brady. You can make a strong argument for either guy. I don't care if Ryan thinks Manning is better.

Funny, even in boxing if you've won 2 rounds and the opponent has won 3, that still doesn't put you ahead with 5 rounds left.

There's no way you could have done that unless you were living in New England and hanging around Pats fans. In 2001, the internet wasn't as pervasive as it is now.

Used to live in Charlestown, pre-SB era.

Most Pats fans I knew would have tripped over themselves at the idea of one ring. It's all they would have needed to die in peace. A lot has changed for Boston fans in general over the past decade...

For weeks, now Bob has been pushing the envelope trying to get under the skin of all Patriots' fans. So has his pal Shank S. (aka CHB). It's so obvious it's embarrassing to both of them. It's as if one column doesn't get enough response, then I'll write another even more ludicrous until chumps like me go wacky and he wins. Sorry, couldn't take it anymore, he wins. God, I'm old enough to remember when he was a great columnist. Now he's Borges Light.

peyton manning is better than tom brady

agreed 100%

It's such a dumb argument. Brady has enjoyed more success but honestly Manning is just better

This isn't to say that Tom Brady is a slouch and I wish Manning played for the Pats. Brady is incredible and if it weren't for Manning then Tom would own the league by himself and nobody would ever say a word against him

Manning is and has been better than Brady for the past 5 years....not by a lot but I don't know how you can argue with this.

Manning almost took this team with 2 no name 3 and 4th receivers this year to what should have been a 18-0 looking at 19-0 season....and not to mention WITH NO RUNNING GAME AT ALL.

Brady has been steady but Manning has been better and if he gets ring #2 next week,the debate gets even stronger.

On a Patriots web site you can't expect nothing but 'the writer is nuts' when Manning is proclaimed better,so this thread is biased and a waste of time IMO :rolleyes:

Great post!! :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand