PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE over Morris/Taylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't disagree more. Faulk has proven on many occasions in his career that he is a very capable back. It's just his body can't handle the abuse it would get if her were used as a feature back. He's just too small but the physical and mental ability is there.

I think I worded it wrong, or said it wrong. Faulk is great running the football out of draws (isn't his ypc like 5.5 :eek: )

BB went to BJGE before Faulk to be the main back when all the backs were injured. I don't think there has been 1 play Faulk has ran out of I-form in the last 3 years.

JAG is a term on this board that gets completely misused. To me just an average guy would refer to someone like say Sanders who is a smart boderline starter who no one is confusing for a potential probowler but also is worthy of a role. But on this board JAG seems to refer to guys who either don't belong on the 53 or to guys who just barely made it.

Actually, Bill Parcells coined the term and he actually referenced it towards former solid players who's play have fallen off and usefulness has diminished that he becomes expendable or a JAG. He meant that they are no different than any guy you could pick up off the street at any time. So technically, the way most people use it on this site is correct. A guy like Sanders might be too good to be called a JAG.

Like bjge but watching the kid flail his arms in a pathetic attempt to catch a pass last season was a brutal intrusion of reality. I'd keep the fragile but proven capable geezers.

The fact that we neither drafted Deji Karim nor scooped up Joique Bell still makes me want to STAB someone.

STUPID.

:ditto:

I can't believe there wasn't 1 RB in all of collage that is better than the over the hill gang we have!

Like bjge but watching the kid flail his arms in a pathetic attempt to catch a pass last season was a brutal intrusion of reality. I'd keep the fragile but proven capable geezers.

not like we ask our backs (other than faulk) to catch passes anyways

if and wehn it gets implemented into the playbook, which it should, then we can discuss it as a requirement...right now that ability does not matter

maroney catches great out of the backfield, and yet we never use him

Last year there were a whole lot of people that thought the Pats would/should go with four RB rather than five. As the season progressed, it quickly became clear that going with five was the right choice. I don't see any reason for that to change in 2010.

As for Paschall, it's just too big of a jump from a FCS school to the NFL; he's destined for a year on the practice squad before he's a consideration for this roster.

I fully expect the Pats to get a whole lot younger with a lot of new faces at RB in 2011, but for now BJGE is still just their #5 option at this position.

Last year there were a whole lot of people that thought the Pats would/should go with four RB rather than five. As the season progressed, it quickly became clear that going with five was the right choice. I don't see any reason for that to change in 2010.

As for Paschall, it's just too big of a jump from a FCS school to the NFL; he's destined for a year on the practice squad before he's a consideration for this roster.

I fully expect the Pats to get a whole lot younger with a lot of new faces at RB in 2011, but for now BJGE is still just their #5 option at this position.

I think this is the best assessment. Someone on the geritol committee will get hurt, one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News