PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE is made of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, most of the people are going to be pissed off next year whne BJGE isn't " a feature back" and can't rush for 1400 yds.

BJGE is a downgrade. He's cheaper, and trading Maroney and getting something before he was gone is probably a good thing, but make no mistake, BJGE is a downgrade.

Dont you expect NE to draft another RB or bring in a FA RB for next season?

Depends on how BJGE runs this season yes/no?
The Pats do have many picks to play with next year. What's the feeling on who they take with the 2 firsts/2 seconds? Are they grooming Hoyer as Brady's replacement?
Do they take a RB with a first?
Who knows?

BJGE isn't a downgrade from Maroney, that's why the stiff was traded. The hate still flows even though the argument has been settled.

Rubbish. You wouldn't get a 4th rounder for BJGE, you would be lucky to get a 7th.

Maroney is going to go on to prove you completely wrong by the way. I though he was about to have a great year here with the additions of Crumpler, Gronk and a second year Vollmer but obviously not. I am among those that believe that there were other problems that we are unaware, maybe attitude or something.

Rubbish. You wouldn't get a 4th rounder for BJGE, you would be lucky to get a 7th.

Maroney is going to go on to prove you completely wrong by the way. I though he was about to have a great year here with the additions of Crumpler, Gronk and a second year Vollmer but obviously not. I am among those that believe that there were other problems that we are unaware, maybe attitude or something.

You gotta be sh!t'n me? Haven't you learned, players that leave this system
rarely if at all, become more successful somewhere else.
:rolleyes:
I hope he wasn't being Ironic. :D

We will likely both draft a running back and bring in a free agent or two. After all, none of our running backs are under contract for 2011.

At this point, I expect us to extend Faulk and tender Green-Ellis. We could try to re-sign Taylor or Morris. In any case, we still will need to start to address to the running back situation.

Curiously, running backs are ready to go (or not), whether they come from other teams or are drafted. It is a position that is addressed when there is a need. In general, the first couple of rounds is where NOT to draft a running back, unless the draft is particularly weak at that position. The value usually isn't there. In any case, 2011 is a shallow draft. We won't be counting much on after the early rounds. Of course, the good news is that we have 7 picks in the first four rounds.

Maroney got us a 4th and the pats needed to give a 6th away.

You guys are rediculous. BJGE beat out Maroney, simple as that. If BB thought Maroney could help the team, he wouldn't have traded him for the all world 4th round pick.

Maroney won't prove me wrong, he is the backup RB in that system and his stats will not change.

BJGE wasn't a first round pick, so I doubt he'll catch too much hate around here. Most people I think have lower expectations for him aside from Troy Brown I guess.

So you invent a premise to start a thread ... you need a life.

I'm not inventing anything you dueche, I'm merely stating my opion. My opinion is that if in the middle of the season when Taylor and Morris may be hurt and BJGE is called on to carry the load and the running game struggles, I can see the same folks who are pro BJGE suddenly become more critical of his performance now that he is no longer the long-shot bubble guy.

Ironic? You must have meant "Idiotic" Nothing ironic about the explanation of the post. Much to do, with idiotic though ;) I guess, I'll have to learn that you don't need a valid question or argument "that has a point" to start a thread here. e

Geez! the Pats are playing the Jets and we deal with threads like this ;)

Let's see. He said "BJGE is made of glass," expressing the sentiment that in fact, BJGE is not made of glass, but that idiots will say he is.

I'm thinking that's pretty ironic. But don't mind me, I'm just a senior writer editor :)

There is a ban on words young children can't read?

I was not aware of this...does this mean in the title I must use words such as....

good instead of satisfactory or
funny instead of hilarious?

Welp, ya got me there, Grey. "Should not" would probably have been a better choice. Douchebag

would be such a word.

PFnV

Let's see. He said "BJGE is made of glass," expressing the sentiment that in fact, BJGE is not made of glass, but that idiots will say he is.

I'm thinking that's pretty ironic. But don't mind me, I'm just a senior writer editor :)

If that sounds ironic to you :rolleyes: I'm wondering then, how you feel about the term "contradiction" & how it woud be used? Senior writer? I didn't know you were Spanish?
Hola Mr. Editor.
How's Mrs. Editor? ;)

Actually that is satire, not irony. Irony would be if BB said in a presser that BJGE is the most durable running back in the NFL and they he got injured on the first play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back