PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Polian Press Box Antics

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest when you have 20 minutes, listen to the first 20 minutes of the show:)

Instead of rearranging your sox draw....take a listen:p

Just tell us what he did please.

When you have 8 hours, watch Gone with the Wind.

Couldn't you just summarize his antics for us and save 500 people from wasting 20 minutes?

Basically what was mentioned was that Polian was up and yelling for every single play saying there should have A) been a penalty against the Patriots or B) if such and such didn't happen, that would have gone all the way. Again to emphasize though this was all done in the press box and not in a private sky box where GM's are usually found so PFW had to sit through it all.

Last edited:
In short, the PFW crew summarized that Bill Polian is certifiable, as in insane.

Polian is an old, smelly, wrinkled, depends-wearing, pants-pissing, prune-juice-drinking, dinner at 3pm-havin, DOUCHEBAG.

Polian is long known to be a prick during the game. He's repeatedly belittled opposing teams' employees while on the road (ie, a guest), with such boorish behavior as telling them "Your team sucks d!ck", or "What's it like working for a loser franchise". Let's see....advocating his defense breaking Doug Fluties legs....throttling a Jets employee against a wall......

He's basically the equivalent of an ESPN internet poster who happens to be a GM. He needs an ass-kicking like no other man on the planet.

Polian is long known to be a prick during the game. He's repeatedly belittled opposing teams' employees while on the road (ie, a guest), with such boorish behavior as telling them "Your team sucks d!ck", or "What's it like working for a loser franchise". Let's see....advocating his defense breaking Doug Fluties legs....throttling a Jets employee against a wall......

He's basically the equivalent of an ESPN internet poster who happens to be a GM. He needs an ass-kicking like no other man on the planet.

And all the media and NFL officials think this team is classy. Let's see, a GM that is the most miserable cuss in sports. An owner that steals a team away in the dead of night, pinches pennies, then dresses up in a Willie Wonka outfit to promote his team; a coach that double talks constantly, speaks with forked tongue, and proclaims to the world loudly that he has QUIET STRENGTH, denigrates the accomplishments of a fellow coach for doing something that one of his own coaches practically invented, relishes the fact that he's the first "Christian" coach to win a Super Bowl, believes homosexuals need to be cured of their unfortunate illness; a QB that sometimes throws teammates under the bus, blames injuries for losses, takes $200,000 cash to attend a girl's birthday party and bump butts with the girl's mother, teabags the female trainer back at U. Tennessee as she's trying to bandage up one of his teammates, and a host of other players that can't shut their mouths ever.

This is the NFL's model franchise?

Now I know why my friend warned me about the "sinister" Midwest when I was considering a move to Michigan. He says, great people on the outside, but then you peel the veneer away and you get to see some bad bad things.

And all the media and NFL officials think this team is classy. Let's see, a GM that is the most miserable cuss in sports. An owner that steals a team away in the dead of night, pinches pennies, then dresses up in a Willie Wonka outfit to promote his team; a coach that double talks constantly, speaks with forked tongue, and proclaims to the world loudly that he has QUIET STRENGTH, denigrates the accomplishments of a fellow coach for doing something that one of his own coaches practically invented, relishes the fact that he's the first "Christian" coach to win a Super Bowl, believes homosexuals need to be cured of their unfortunate illness; a QB that sometimes throws teammates under the bus, blames injuries for losses, takes $200,000 cash to attend a girl's birthday party and bump butts with the girl's mother, teabags the female trainer back at U. Tennessee as she's trying to bandage up one of his teammates, and a host of other players that can't shut their mouths ever.

This is the NFL's model franchise?

Now I know why my friend warned me about the "sinister" Midwest when I was considering a move to Michigan. He says, great people on the outside, but then you peel the veneer away and you get to see some bad bad things.

The word "phony" is the only word that comes to mind when the media keeps talking up how "classy" the Colts are.

Why don't you relax over lunch and take a listen to The Bill Polian Radio Show.

I don't want to make my ears bleed. But There is a thread over on Indy Star where they discuss how he basically laid the blame for Sunday at the feet of his Oline and ST with an honorable mention to his WR's for their drops. Guess it beats giving credit where credit was due...

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213156

The Sheep Polian herds in Indianapolis have no concept of how disingenuous it is for them to criticize our HCGM for being anti-social while he never comments on another coaches character or behaviors, he always credits his opponents in victory and spreads any blame broadly to include coaching and when short staffed his own FO, and he will never throw his individual players or entire units under the bus because he understands what they do is a reflection on the organization who acquired/assembled them.

Polian should try pointing his bony finger at the guy in the mirror who long ago decided that maintaining a big ticket core of marquee players trumped assembling a higher functioning middle class and quality depth. Three or four injuries injuries and an 11th hour retirement into the 2007 season and Polian is finally reaping what he himself sowed because even St. Dungy can't coach up 14 newcomers to the NFL sufficiently to plug holes at LT, WR and field an accomplished ST's full of quality veteran backups and valuable starters.

The Pat - tri - ots as he persists in calling them were able to manage that game by playing conservative rope a dope football for 50 minutes and then dropping the freakin' hammer on the defending champs down the stretch. They could do that because they are deep. Repeat after me Polian, they made more plays than we did and had the horses to do so for a full 60 minutes. Not to mention the intestinal fortitude to overcome some horrendous one sided flag waving from my striped 12 man. Kudos to them and shame on ME.

Colts fans think it's about time Bill lit into these underachievers... when in fact those players and units and their teamates would be well within their rights to be quietly thinking that pompous windbag should try strapping some pads on himself or just F off. Dungy has gotten about as much blood out of stones as a saintly man can over the last several years. I think this is finally the year when the stones are tapped out. Time for the $98M rock to prove just once he can carry a team without all pro talent kinda like oh, say a Brady did for 6 years. And if he can't, try pointing that finger at him. Hehehe...

Polian is an old, smelly, wrinkled, depends-wearing, pants-pissing, prune-juice-drinking, dinner at 3pm-havin, DOUCHEBAG.

WOW tell us how you really feel. :D

OK...I will

Polian needs an ice pick shampoo...followed by a hearty meal of Louisville Slugger in the face...washed down with an out of control tractor trailer squashing his limo with him in it.

I don't want to make my ears bleed. But There is a thread over on Indy Star where they discuss how he basically laid the blame for Sunday at the feet of his Oline and ST with an honorable mention to his WR's for their drops. Guess it beats giving credit where credit was due...

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213156

The Sheep Polian herds in Indianapolis have no concept of how disingenuous it is for them to criticize our HCGM for being anti-social while he never comments on another coaches character or behaviors, he always credits his opponents in victory and spreads any blame broadly to include coaching and when short staffed his own FO, and he will never throw his individual players or entire units under the bus because he understands what they do is a reflection on the organization who acquired/assembled them.

Polian should try pointing his bony finger at the guy in the mirror who long ago decided that maintaining a big ticket core of marquee players trumped assembling a higher functioning middle class and quality depth. Three or four injuries injuries and an 11th hour retirement into the 2007 season and Polian is finally reaping what he himself sowed because even St. Dungy can't coach up 14 newcomers to the NFL sufficiently to plug holes at LT, WR and field an accomplished ST's full of quality veteran backups and valuable starters.

The Pat - tri - ots as he persists in calling them were able to manage that game by playing conservative rope a dope football for 50 minutes and then dropping the freakin' hammer on the defending champs down the stretch. They could do that because they are deep. Repeat after me Polian, they made more plays than we did and had the horses to do so for a full 60 minutes. Not to mention the intestinal fortitude to overcome some horrendous one sided flag waving from my striped 12 man. Kudos to them and shame on ME.

Colts fans think it's about time Bill lit into these underachievers... when in fact those players and units and their teamates would be well within their rights to be quietly thinking that pompous windbag should try strapping some pads on himself or just F off. Dungy has gotten about as much blood out of stones as a saintly man can over the last several years. I think this is finally the year when the stones are tapped out. Time for the $98M rock to prove just once he can carry a team without all pro talent kinda like oh, say a Brady did for 6 years. And if he can't, try pointing that finger at him. Hehehe...

I was goofing around on nfl.com stats and found 'rookie stats'. I sorted them by team, and was very surprised to see the Colts have NINE defensive rookies.
Typically you carry about 25 defensive players. That gives them a grand total of 16 non-rookies out of their 25 defensive players. I dont see many marquee guys in there and quite a few late or non drafted players.
This could be the one unit in all of the NFL least equaipped to handle any injuries. (Of course, add in the fact that they are a small defense, and the chance of injury is higher too)
This could be an interesting development in Polians plan of building his team.

This guy is the biggest crybaby whiner in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe