PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best wishes to our Patriot friends from the Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
How great would it be to see Manning walking off the field with black and gold confetti streaming down...

very great indeed

I want the Saints to win but after reading a Vikings messageboard I must say I do not like the Saints fanbase one bit

From what I understood, one of their more intelligent/mature posters went to the game and had to endure peope throwing bottles and cups at him and screaming in his ear the whole way.

He said he watched as a high school aged girl in his party burst into tears at the things Saints fans were saying as they made their way out of the game.

He claimed to have visited plenty of different venues in his day and said he was appalled at the welcome he received in New Orleans. To the Saints credit he did say they met plenty of great people but the bad apples were shockingly bad

Maybe that's what happens when a team has it's first taste of success though

I can't believe thats true, I have never seen that in 40 years, ever.

We even post a code of conduct on our site
New Orleans Saints - New Orleans Saints Fan Code of Conduct

Proper conduct is as much a part of N.O. as football, our bottoms are beaten red to show respect when we are very young.
YouTube - Saints Fans Discuss NFL Fan Conduct Policy

IF this did occur, I would be surprised if the person responsible was from N.O. and way more surprise it was not stopped by our own fans around him/her. I have been to about 60 games never seen anything like your describing.

Last edited:
I can't believe thats true, Ive never have seen that in 40 years, ever.

We even post a code of conduct on our site
New Orleans Saints - New Orleans Saints Fan Code of Conduct

Proper conduct is as much a part of N.O. as football
YouTube - Saints Fans Discuss NFL Fan Conduct Policy

IF this occur it would be surprised if the were from N.O. and way more surprise it was not stopped by our own fans. I have been to about 60 games never seen anything like your describing.

Well like I mentioned at the end he said they met plenty of decent people and during their walk Saints fans intervened to shut up the unruly fans.

I wasn't looking for a reason to hate the Saints and I was surprised to see it too, but this guy came off as one of their more experienced and level headed posters. It didn't sound like something he would make up

Well like I mentioned at the end he said they met plenty of decent people and during their walk Saints fans intervened to shut up the unruly fans.

I wasn't looking for a reason to hate the Saints and I was surprised to see it too, but this guy came off as one of their more experienced and level headed posters. It didn't sound like something he would make up

We are constantly in contact in the French Quarter with other fans before/after the game. Im just saying , I would be shocked if it was true.

I didn't see or hear anything like that. My friends shook hands with every Vikings fan they saw on the way out the door, in fact. There's a few jerks in every fan base, unfortunately but all of the Vikings fans in our section were welcomed.

Fu*k the saints.

oh and GO SAINTS!

d%#*!@t :(

I didn't see or hear anything like that. My friends shook hands with every Vikings fan they saw on the way out the door, in fact. There's a few jerks in every fan base, unfortunately but all of the Vikings fans in our section were welcomed.

Well then this guy just had a run of bad luck I guess

The spot of the ball when he lost controll, which IMO, if that was a first then faulks was a first against the colts...the PI call when that ball was uncatchable, and the pass at the end when the WR did not have controll.

even all that shouldnt have mattered when way ealier in the game, on one of the Favre INTs, where Farve broke his ankel, wasnt that lunging at the qbs knees? You dont have to answer because yes it was...thats 15 yards and the pick comes back..thats single moment could be what changed the game.

ok. disagree on the spot...agree on the uncatchable but it's a judgment call with things happening fast, so I didn't like it but wouldn't call it "bad"...i thought he had control...i think the brady rule defines lunging as being on the ground and continuing at the QB's knees after the Defensive player is down...

ok. disagree on the spot...agree on the uncatchable but it's a judgment call with things happening fast, so I didn't like it but wouldn't call it "bad"...i thought he had control...i think the brady rule defines lunging as being on the ground and continuing at the QB's knees after the Defensive player is down...

If it was a judgement call, it was a bad judgement thats for sure.

and the brady rule does not mean that, it means you can not lunge at a qbs legs at all.

If it was a judgement call, it was a bad judgement thats for sure.

and the brady rule does not mean that, it means you can not lunge at a qbs legs at all.

Ya but don't you think this is getting a little out of control, I mean a defensive player cant dive for a QB for fear he might move back, this is football right?
Were was this rule when joe theismann had his leg broken, its getting ridicules.

next thing you know it will be 2 hand touch on the QB, you know what I think, if you dont want to be hit, get a better OL.

Last edited:
Got some stats on the game , we dont matchup to bad :)

You're going to move the ball and score all day long on that Colt defense.
That Colt defense hasn't faced an offense like the Saints the entire season.
The Patriots put up 34 on that average D without a running game, without a 3rd WR, with very little TE involvement in the passing game and coughing up two TO's in the red zone including a fumble into the endzone. If I'm Sean Payton I get the game tapes of the Patriot and the 2nd Jaguar game and break them down for your offense. The Colts defense is quite average. They have nice speed but they're not stopping you at all in the Super Bowl. At all!!!

I have serious doubts that the Saints can win this but PLEASE prove me wrong. :) I actually found myself cheering for the Jets last week because I want the Colts to lose so badly. The JETS!! lol

If the Colts win you know Polian will gloat about being right. :(

I have serious doubts that the Saints can win this but PLEASE prove me wrong. :) I actually found myself cheering for the Jets last week because I want the Colts to lose so badly. The JETS!! lol

If the Colts win you know Polian will gloat about being right. :(

Everyone does, but we matchup pretty well and Drew has had better stats than peyton for a while now. The ours boys will show for 60 minutes.

Our fans our not to rich and not the sharpest tool in the shed , but the boys know we believe in them and sometimes thats all they need.

YouTube - The Moment the Saints won the NFC Championship

YouTube - Saints Super bowl 2010

YouTube - Saints NFC Championship Reaction

A little respect for the master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyLjbMBpGDA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm6ktYq0Yxk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRqYMTpXHc

Last edited:
Man that would be something, Drew has done so much with so little for so long, I think allot of us believe he deserves this more than we do, be a really cool day :)

nice to see a nice guy finally not finish last

Drew hasn't won anything yet. If y'all think that "getting there" is what it's all about, then you will lose. If the Saints go to Miami to celebrate a "really cool day" and the Colts go there to play a Football game the Colts will win.

Please! Beat the Colts! All of this "happy to be there" crap is starting to scare me. You have to beat the Colts. Save the happy thoughts for about 10:00PM EST on Super Bowl Sunday.

Drew hasn't won anything yet. If y'all think that "getting there" is what it's all about, then you will lose. If the Saints go to Miami to celebrate a "really cool day" and the Colts go there to play a Football game the Colts will win.

Please! Beat the Colts! All of this "happy to be there" crap is starting to scare me. You have to beat the Colts. Save the happy thoughts for about 10:00PM EST on Super Bowl Sunday.

We are not playing PatsFanSince74. We cant control one bit what happens. Its up to the boys and payton to do that. But sitting in a shack and acting serious is not going to change what they do. We can only support and believe in them, thats were our job ends.

Last edited:
pherein, I'm hoping Drew Brees is going to/already has dropped a dime to Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger. Both guys won SB's their 1st shot and they also played and won the 2nd time around. Both QB's could offer up some valuable insight for Drew on how to prepare and what to expect in terms of distractions, dealing with the media, how to control emotions leading up to the game. Because both QBs have played in more than 1 SB they know what they did wrong in their approach the 1st time around and can share that with Drew. Drew is the key to the game. If he's "on" the Saints will win this game. They are the better team.

We are not playing PatsFanSince74. We cant control one bit what happens. Its up to the boys and payton to do that. But sitting in a shack and acting serious is not going to change what they do. We can only support and believe in them, thats were our job ends.

i take your point and it is a fair one. i just remember back to SB XXXIX when the Eagles arrived in Jacksonville. Donovan McNabb got off the plane using a video camera to take shots of the crowd welcoming the team to the SB and said he was just happy to be there. Brady got off the plane with a steel briefcase containing the game plan that he'd studied all the way down on the flight and sent the clear message that he was there on "a business trip."

You're right, you don't control what the team does. but fans reflect the attitude of their team and everything I read says what a great thing it is that the Saints won the NFC championship and are going to the Super Bowl...like that was an end in itself. Once you get there and lose, you realize how untrue that is.

Last edited:
pherein, I'm hoping Drew Brees is going to/already has dropped a dime to Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger. Both guys won SB's their 1st shot and they also played and won the 2nd time around. Both QB's could offer up some valuable insight for Drew on how to prepare and what to expect in terms of distractions, dealing with the media, how to control emotions leading up to the game. Because both QBs have played in more than 1 SB they know what they did wrong in their approach the 1st time around and can share that with Drew. Drew is the key to the game. If he's "on" the Saints will win this game. They are the better team.

RhodyPatriot I was thinking the exact same thing, I don't have any info on it, but I would hope either Brady or Drew would contact each other. A talk from Brady could really help Drew allot. Brady is an established master of the game. God I hope Brady gives him a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3