PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best wishes to our Patriot friends from the Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spot of the ball when he lost controll, which IMO, if that was a first then faulks was a first against the colts...the PI call when that ball was uncatchable, and the pass at the end when the WR did not have controll.

even all that shouldnt have mattered when way ealier in the game, on one of the Favre INTs, where Farve broke his ankel, wasnt that lunging at the qbs knees? You dont have to answer because yes it was...thats 15 yards and the pick comes back..thats single moment could be what changed the game.

Not disputing, I wasn't on the field. But these calls were reviewed. I have to believe the 4th that the saints went for was made by forward momentum, it was reviewed. The pass interference , I dont think it was, but again I wasnt there, davis could have been held all the way to that spot, I dont know.
The Saints defense plays brutal, most didnt see it later in the season because we had 6 guys out on defense, so Favres knee hit looked bad. But when you have a mobil QB thats going to happen. It didnt look to be on purpose, but it did look intentional. Did we get away with some bad calls, oh ya, did they oh ya. Was it even I dont know , I wasnt on the field.

I do know these are the best of the best referees. They are graded all year, so I dont know if they just decided to let the guys play, and it is football, and brutal by nature, or were one sided, Just glade after 43 years they picked urs.:) Do we deserve to win ? I don't know, how many times have Pats heard Belicheat, a million. In New Orleans we accept our loses, we just happen to win today, and yahoo :)

Im not kidding we all did:) No one has been working here for 3 days :)

I had to work yesterday, it was terrible. I left the Superdome maybe an hour after the game and I had to force myself to go home because I couldn't call in Monday.

That said, it was an awesome game to attend, best sporting even I've ever seen live.

I had to work yesterday, it was terrible. I left the Superdome maybe an hour after the game and I had to force myself to go home because I couldn't call in Monday.

That said, it was an awesome game to attend, best sporting even I've ever seen live.

Half my office is down in New Orleans right now. I may set up a trip soon. Go Saints! The masses are rooting for The Saints, and for continued good things for Louisiana!!! You are the underdogs at The Show. Make it happen!

Half my office is down in New Orleans right now. I may set up a trip soon. Go Saints! The masses are rooting for The Saints, and for continued good things for Louisiana!!! You are the underdogs at The Show. Make it happen!

Thanks, N.E. has helped is in so many ways. You supported us when we were down, you showed our coaches what makes a winning team ( Payton has engineered the Saints after the Patriots and BB), and you showed us how to be a truely classy fan.

We may not be the best team in the NFL, but we just have to be the bast team for one more game, and use what we learn from you guys to be the best fans no matter the outcome. I know we are underdogs, but Brees will show so Peyton should be ready, we get to him, we will hit him hard or lose trying.

The Saints are coming , we are hungry and we want to not only win, we want them to fall hard, were not here to play, to us this is a street fight, we will bring the wood. We will go down hard or they will, all or nothing, but someones getting hurt, thats our ball.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evf2z_gFY_g

We will play our best

Last edited:
Thanks, N.E. has helped is in so many ways. You supported us when we were down, you showed our coaches what makes a winning team ( Payton has engineered the Saints after the Patriots and BB), and you showed us how to be a truely classy fan.

We may not be the best team in the NFL, but we just have to be the bast team for one more game, and use what we learn from you guys to be the best fans no matter the outcome. I know we are underdogs, but Brees will show so Peyton should be ready, we get to him, we will hit him hard or lose trying.

The Saints are coming , we are hungry and we want to not only win, we want them to fall hard, were not here to play, to us this is a street fight, we will bring the wood. We will go down hard or they will, all or nothing, but someones getting hurt, thats our ball.
YouTube - Heart of the city (WHO DAT) ft X-Man, Bigshott, Big Rec, & Kuniqua - New Orleans Saints HL

We will play our best

There is no try. Just win, or don't win.

You have a more balanced team than Indy, and a better running game. Brees was not himself in the NFCCG, but I'm hoping he's gotten over the big game jitters. Also, your offensive line did a great job against Jared Allen and the Vikings, and I think you can handle the pressure that Indy will bring with Freeney and Mathis. Play well and I think you should win. But Indy has been there before and Peyton won't self-destruct the way Favre did.

You have a more balanced team than Indy, and a better running game. Brees was not himself in the NFCCG, but I'm hoping he's gotten over the big game jitters. Also, your offensive line did a great job against Jared Allen and the Vikings, and I think you can handle the pressure that Indy will bring with Freeney and Mathis. Play well and I think you should win. But Indy has been there before and Peyton won't self-destruct the way Favre did.
In all the games I've seen Brees play, never once have I seen him throw consistently poor balls where the spiral axis looked like the space time continuum was about to collapse in on itself.

All that matters for nothing now. You have a 50% chance of winning the Superbowl without a pass being thrown or a run executed. That's how close you are pherein. Enjoy this time. The Superbowl can't come around fast enough for you Saints fans... believe me.

Last edited:

I know our offense is actually better on the OL,RB,WR,TE end. I agree the defensive win might make brees get over his first time problems, and just play. If that happens he is an equal match for Peyton, but with more experienced weapons.

If the best DL in the NFL cant break our OL than I don't see indy doing so, Brees will have time.

Dont agree on the last point. I have seen Peyton self destruct before he ever made a playoff and it was because he was hit.
Peyton cant stand being hit and has the #1 OL for that reason, we need to break that OL , and we will break it, no matter the penalty.
Remember before he was the great Peyton Manning he was a choker in the playoffs. We need to do what we did to the Vikings. Takes penalties, but play street ball, put manning on the floor even if he completes the pass, hes not as touph as Favre. That might give us a pick, thats WG football. Put it this way if we dont back down, like the Jets did and keep coming no matter the cost, I think thats how we beat peyton. He will make big throws , but keep comming for him, and let him know it, never stop. street fight

If brees had not choked on those 6 turnovers the vikings game would have been a blow out

Last edited:
In all the games I've seen Brees play, never once have I seen him throw consistently poor balls where the spiral axis looked like the space time continuum was about to collapse in on itself.

All that matters for nothing now. You have a 50% chance of winning the Superbowl without a pass being thrown or a run executed. That's how close you are pherein. Enjoy this time. The Superbowl can't come around fast enough for you Saints fans... believe me.

I completely believe you , you actually know what your talking about and we dont,lol. We are trying , and I am really trying to enjoy what I cant really control. I have no idea how the Saints will perform. I can believe in them, but its up to the boys, your completely right. If the Saint play there game and the Colts play theres,statically , the Colts cant win, but I dont know thats going to happen. Im just going to chat and have fun with it. I mean 43 years is a long time, ID be a fool to waste it:)

Last edited:
Dont agree on the last point. I have seen Peyton self destruct before he ever made a playoff and it was because he was hit.
Peyton cant stand being hit and has the #1 OL for that reason, we need to break that OL , and we will break it, no matter the penalty.
Remember before he was the great Peyton Manning he was a choker in the playoffs. We need to do what we did to the Vikings. Takes penalties, but play street ball, put manning on the floor even if he completes the pass, hes not as touph as Favre. That might give us a pick, thats WG football. Put it this way if we dont back down, like the Jets did and keep coming no matter the cost, I think thats how we beat peyton. He will make big throws , but keep comming for him, and let him know it, never stop. street fight

There's no doubt that Manning does not like getting hit, and that he can get rattled. The best example of that this year was the San Francisco game. The 49ers hit Manning hard, and his timing was off all game. But he still managed to pull it together in crunch time and pull out the game.

I'm agraid the days of Peyton the choker are long gone. But by all means bloody him up and turn it into a street fight. It's by far the best strategy against Manning.

Go Saints! All (well, some) of China is pulling for you!!

I really hope the you guys have overcome the big game jitters in the NFCCG. When you can handle the Vikes D, you should be able to handle Indy D too !

GO SAINTS ! New England is collectively pulling for you. I cannot wait to see Drew Brees lift the Lombardy !

Last edited:
I really hope the you guys have overcome the big game jitters in the NFCCG. When you can handle the Vikes D, you should be able to handle Indy D too !

GO SAINTS ! New England is collectively pulling for you. I cannot wait to see Drew Brees lift the Lombardy !
If Freeney's ankle is as bad as is suspected, it'll make the Saints offensive line's job that much easier.

If the best DL in the NFL cant break our OL than I don't see indy doing so, Brees will have time.

You bet!!
The national mediots are already throwing a coronation for Goober and one of the reasons why is everyone reacts to the last thing they saw.
A question - how different would the media vibe be heading into the SB if these two teams switched the opponents they faced in the playoffs?
Imagine if it were the Saints who got to play the 2 weakest teams in the playoffs. We could combine the WR's/QB's on the Jets and Ravens and still not have a group as good as the Saints. The Colts got to face Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez. The Saints got to face Kurt Warner and Brett Favre. The Saints also had to face the best defense of all the playoff teams, the Vikings. Imagine if the Colts first had to play a high powered offense like the Cardinals and then turn around and play Favre, Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings?? How different would the media be viewing the Colts right now if they had their weaknesses exposed by two HOF QB's in Warner and Favre?? Personally I don't think the Colts beat the Vikings because I don't think the Colts D pummels Favre into submission and forces the number of TO's we saw. Don't underestimate the role Favre's physical beating played in the outcome of that game.
I love the fact that all the mediots have Goober and his Goobette's already in the book as SB champs. Going to make the Saints victory on February 7th all the sweeter. Goober will get his numbers BUT so will the Saints and then some. It's the latter part of that game equation the mediots are not paying attention to i.e., the Saints offense vs. the Colts D.

Last edited:
There's no doubt that Manning does not like getting hit, and that he can get rattled. The best example of that this year was the San Francisco game. The 49ers hit Manning hard, and his timing was off all game. But he still managed to pull it together in crunch time and pull out the game.

I'm agraid the days of Peyton the choker are long gone. But by all means bloody him up and turn it into a street fight. It's by far the best strategy against Manning.

I really think its our best shot. Luckily we have all of our guys back, so one of the better secondaries , and McCray is just a thug, I think you say that during the game. We just need to keep commin and put him on the floor regardless.
We don't have the DL to collapse the pocket or hold the run. If we can just knock him off his game 1-3 times we can put points ahead and win this thing.

Good luck to the Saints in the Superbowl!! Many here hope you get Peyton to cross the field with his helmet on at the end of the game!!

Go Saints!

You bet!!
The national mediots are already throwing a coronation for Goober and one of the reasons why is everyone reacts to the last thing they saw.
A question - how different would the media vibe be heading into the SB if these two teams switched the opponents they faced in the playoffs?
Imagine if it were the Saints who got to play the 2 weakest teams in the playoffs. We could combine the WR's/QB's on the Jets and Ravens and still not have a group as good as the Saints. The Colts got to face Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez. The Saints got to face Kurt Warner and Brett Favre. The Saints also had to face the best defense of all the playoff teams, the Vikings. Imagine if the Colts first had to play a high powered offense like the Cardinals and then turn around and play Favre, Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings?? How different would the media be viewing the Colts right now if they had their weaknesses exposed by two HOF QB's in Warner and Favre?? Personally I don't think the Colts beat the Vikings because I don't think the Colts D pummels Favre into submission and forces the number of TO's we saw. Don't underestimate the role Favre's physical beating played in the outcome of that game.
I love the fact that all the mediots have Goober and his Goobette's already in the book as SB champs. Going to make the Saints victory on February 7th all the sweeter. Goober will get his numbers BUT so will the Saints and then some. It's the latter part of that game equation the mediots are not paying attention to i.e., the Saints offense vs. the Colts D.

Got some stats on the game , we dont matchup to bad :)

Colts
Differential of 109 points (6.8/g)
Turnover Differential +2
Allowed 307 points (19.2/g)
Scored 416 points (26/g)

Saints
Differential of 169 points (10.6/g)
Turnover Differential +11
Allowed 341 points (21.3/g)
Scored 510 points (31.9/g)

Saints average 5.9 points per game more than the Colts. Advantage Saints

Saints allowed 2.1 points per game more than the Colts. Advantage Colts

Turnover Differential highly favors Saints.

Colts have 34 sacks as a team.
Saints have 35 sacks as a team.
slight advantage Saints.

Saints have caused 28.5 sacks using just Dlineman.
Colts have caused 30.5 sacks using just Dlineman.

Slight edge to Colts.

Rushing QB slight edge to Colts almost a push.

Saints Average 4.5 yards per rush
Colts Average 3.5 yards per rush.

Advantage Saints

Saints average 12.1 yards per reception.
Colts average 11.5 yards per reception.

advantage to the Saints.

Manning Sacked 1.7 % of Dropbacks(very hard to Sack)
Brees Sacked 3.7% of Dropbacks(Hard to SacK) advantage Colts

Brees intercepted 2.1% of Passes
Manning intercepted 2.8% of Passes Slight edge to Saints

16 interceptions and 18 Forced Fumbles by Colts
26 interceptions and 16 Forced Fumbles by Saints Big Advantage Saints

Saints allow 5.5 yards per play
Colts allow 5.0 yards per play
slight advantage Colts

Saints gain 6.3 yards per play
Colts gain 5.9 yards per play
slight advantage Saints

Colts gain 5.2 yards per Punt Return
Saints Gain 4.6 yards per Punt Return
advantage Colts

Saints Gain 24.4 yards per Kickoff Return
Colts Gain 22.2 yards per Kickoff Return
advantage Saints

Colts Average 44.3 yards per punt
Saints Average 43.6 yards per punt
Advantage Colts

Hartley Field Goal 81.8%
Stover Field Goals 81.8%
Push

Special Teams Slight Advantage Colts

Colts have allowed 44 QB hits
Saints have allowed 52 QB Hits
Advantage Colts

saints 89 penalties
colts 74 penalties

advantage Colts

Colts
Rushing to Right
11 runs of 10+, 24 First Downs, 17 Negative Runs
Saints
Rushing to the Right
19 runs of 10+,48 first downs, 15 negative runs
Advantage Big Time Saints

Colts
Rushing to the Middle
13 runs of 10+, 22 first downs, 5 negative runs
Saints
Rushing to the Middle
8 runs of 10+,23 first downs, 4 negative runs

pretty much a push on running up the gut

Colts
rushing to the Left
13 runs of 10+,23 first downs,21 negative runs
Saints
rushing to the Left
24 runs of 10+,44 first downs,23 negatives

Advantage Saints we Ran way More to the Left than they did and only got Stuffed 2 more times and had almost double the number of first downs and big plays running the ball

Colts line allowed 44 hits
Saints line allowed 52 hits
advantage Colts

Saints line allowed 20 Sacks
Colts line allowed 13
Advantage Colts

Center
Saturday
.5 sack allowed
2 penalties

Goodwin
0 Sacks allowed
2 penalties

Slight edge Saints

Right Guard
Evans
2 sacks allowed
5 penalties

DeVan
0 Sacks allowed
2 penalties

Advantage Colts

Right Tackle
Stinchcomb
3 sacks allowed
4 penalties

Diem
1 sack allowed
7 penalties

diem allowed 3 more penalties and 2 less Sacks so I'd say wash or slight advantage Saints

Left Guard
Nicks
1.5 Sacks Allowed
3 penalties

Lilja
1 sack allowed
0 penalties
advantage Colts

Left Tackle
Bushrod
7.5 Sacks allowed
4 penalties

Johnson
2.5 Sacks allowed
1 penalty
Clear advantage Colts

Right Guard/Right Tackle seems to be their weekspot if you can call it that

Man that would be something, Drew has done so much with so little for so long, I think allot of us believe he deserves this more than we do, be a really cool day :)

nice to see a nice guy finally not finish last

I want the Saints to win but after reading a Vikings messageboard I must say I do not like the Saints fanbase one bit

From what I understood, one of their more intelligent/mature posters went to the game and had to endure peope throwing bottles and cups at him and screaming in his ear the whole way.

He said he watched as a high school aged girl in his party burst into tears at the things Saints fans were saying as they made their way out of the game.

He claimed to have visited plenty of different venues in his day and said he was appalled at the welcome he received in New Orleans. To the Saints credit he did say they met plenty of great people but the bad apples were shockingly bad

Maybe that's what happens when a team has it's first taste of success though

How great would it be to see Manning walking off the field with black and gold confetti streaming down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back