PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best wishes to our Patriot friends from the Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
i take your point and it is a fair one. i just remember back to SB XXXIX when the Eagles arrived in Jacksonville. Donovan McNabb got off the plane using a video camera to take shots of the crowd welcoming the team to the SB and said he was just happy to be there. Brady got off the plane with a steel briefcase containing the game plan that he'd studied all the way down on the flight and sent the clear message that he was there on "a business trip."

You're right, you don't control what the team does. but fans reflect the attitude of their team and everything I read says what a great thing it is that the Saints won the NFC championship and are going to the Super Bowl...like that was an end in itself. Once you get there and lose, you realize how untrue that is.

Well said. This is very new to us. We have had generations die before this time. We are not very good at this yet, we never win. Look at our Banners, Faith, Belief, and Hope. As a fan base we are built to show people a good time , and of course the Saints will not win in the end. We might need a little guidance from our friends.

Reading this thread made me proud to be a member of this message board. You guys remember to visit our forums, Saintsreport.com to chat with us! You are the type of visiting fans we love to see!

WHO DAT!!

pherein, I'm hoping Drew Brees is going to/already has dropped a dime to Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger. Both guys won SB's their 1st shot and they also played and won the 2nd time around. Both QB's could offer up some valuable insight for Drew on how to prepare and what to expect in terms of distractions, dealing with the media, how to control emotions leading up to the game. Because both QBs have played in more than 1 SB they know what they did wrong in their approach the 1st time around and can share that with Drew. Drew is the key to the game. If he's "on" the Saints will win this game. They are the better team.

Hey he might have just called Brady :)
http://www.4shared.com/embed/210914197/edd023fa

Ya but don't you think this is getting a little out of control, I mean a defensive player cant dive for a QB for fear he might move back, this is football right?
Were was this rule when joe theismann had his leg broken, its getting ridicules.

next thing you know it will be 2 hand touch on the QB, you know what I think, if you dont want to be hit, get a better OL.

It doesnt matter if its getting out of control, thats something they deal with in the offseason. For now, they should enforce the rules that are layed out.

It doesnt matter if its getting out of control, thats something they deal with in the offseason. For now, they should enforce the rules that are layed out.

Well I looked at the footage and Mcray did dive for favre and hit hit legs, so you right, by the letter. You can see MCcray barely make it to Favre off his hand, so it wasn't intentional.
But Hargroves hit at 1:29:45of the game was not a PF on Favre and the saints were called for it, and it continued what would have been a 4th down after, so that might be even. In fact the second play never would have happened if the 1st bad call wasn't made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsASxsXXpno

Last edited:
Well I looked at the footage and Mcray did dive for favre and hit hit legs, so you right, by the letter. You can see MCcray barely make it to Favre off his hand, so it wasn't intentional.
But Hargroves hit at 1:29:45 was not a PF on Favre and the saints were called for it, and it continued what would have been a 4th down after, so that might be even.
YouTube - Brett Favre gets thrashed during the NFC Championship game.

But it shouldnt come down to even, its about refs getting calls right all of the time.

But it shouldnt come down to even, its about refs getting calls right all of the time.

agreed, and these are suppose to be the best refs, which is scary. I did look at the PI call in OT and it did look like it was valid. Davis was held of the line and then pushed before the NFL cameras turned to the play, so I can see why the booth upheld that. The 1st down not so sure about. Its unnerving how many games are won and lost, by one bad call.

agreed, and these are suppose to be the best refs, which is scary. I did look at the PI call in OT and it did look like it was valid. Davis was held of the line and then pushed before the NFL cameras turned to the play, so I can see why the booth upheld that. The 1st down not so sure about. Its unnerving how many games are won and lost, by one bad call.

Alright, stop being objective, your a fan of another team lol.

Alright, stop being objective, your a fan of another team lol.

It took 43 years to build that objectivity, its in our dna, sense we never won anything we were always on the short side of the stick, after a while we just stopped complaining and tried to have fun,lol.

It took 43 years to build that objectivity, its in our dna, sense we never won anything we were always on the short side of the stick, after a while we just stopped complaining and tried to have fun,lol.

word. I dont hate the saints or anything, I just had bad calls, always have, thats why I almost always get ejected from sports I play. I hate refs.

I read that New Orleans was planning a parade for the Saints, win or lose. Sounds like a great idea and a great way to honour a team that's meant so much more than just football to the community.

I read Freeney's getting treatment on his ankle. I don't want to wish anyone ill will, though I wouldn't be sad if he wasn't 100% that night, and I doubt Drew would feel too bad about it either.

Only one week to go. Has the city stopped partying since the Vikings game?

word. I dont hate the saints or anything, I just had bad calls, always have, thats why I almost always get ejected from sports I play. I hate refs.

oh I know and your point is really valid, not crazy about the refs either. It would just be nice if someone thought we actually deserved our first trip to the Super Bowl. No one ever believed in this team but us, and now people are saying we don't deserve to be there.

I dont think its their fault. I think is our fault for not doing a better job.

I read that New Orleans was planning a parade for the Saints, win or lose. Sounds like a great idea and a great way to honour a team that's meant so much more than just football to the community.

I read Freeney's getting treatment on his ankle. I don't want to wish anyone ill will, though I wouldn't be sad if he wasn't 100% that night, and I doubt Drew would feel too bad about it either.

Only one week to go. Has the city stopped partying since the Vikings game?

ya, it will be huge, no matter the outcome. Its a tradition down here to meet the away team at the airport after every away game, and thousands show. We haven't won allot but we love the boys. Down here if your on the Saints your part of our family, win or lose.

YouTube - SEAN PAYTON talks about NEW ORLEANS SAINTS FANS at the AIRPORT

When we lost the 2006 NFC Championship, no one will ever put the boys down we know they try. When we lost this game there was 6 weeks of parades.
YouTube - Lafayette fans react to Saints loss

Id come down if you can make it, Its going to be a big party down here, there are already LCD's on the street to watch to Super Bowl.

I truly hope everyone is ok on the colts I want a fair fight when we get our first SB.

Last edited:
ya, it will be huge, no matter the outcome. Its a tradition down here to meet the away team at the airport after every away game, and thousands show. We haven't won allot but we love the boys. Down here if your on the Saints your part of our family, win or lose.

YouTube - SEAN PAYTON talks about NEW ORLEANS SAINTS FANS at the AIRPORT

When we lost the 2006 NFC Championship, no one will ever put the boys down we know they try. When we lost this game there was 6 weeks of parades.
YouTube - Lafayette fans react to Saints loss

Id come down if you can make it, Its going to be a big party down here, there are already LCD's on the street to watch to Super Bowl.

I truly hope everyone is ok on the colts I want a fair fight when we get our first SB.

This is in the hands of the gods now, but everytime I hear another story about how "great" it is that the Saints got to the Super Bowl or about the most recent parade in New Orleans celebrating the fact that the Saints got to the SB (wasn't there another one today?), I get this really sick feeling in my gut that maybe the Saints really are just happy to be going to Miami and that the game itself doesn't matter all that much and I tack another couple of points onto the Colts victory margin....

Please! Please! Please! Prove me wrong.

I hate the Colts. But I get the feeling that Indianapolis is going to Miami for a Football Game and that New Orleans is going to Miami for a Party and that can mean only one thing...the $*&(*&)( Colts are gonna win the %$*^&(* Football Game.

I hate the Colts. But I get the feeling that Indianapolis is going to Miami for a Football Game and that New Orleans is going to Miami for a Party and that can mean only one thing...the $*&(*&)( Colts are gonna win the %$*^&(* Football Game.

Brees has come too far to do that. He doesn't have his career ahead of him anymore.

I felt that way before the Rams/Pats Super Bowl. St. Louis was the greatest show on turf, they had HOFers at LT, QB, RB, WR, and they already had won a championship. We had lost our starting QB, had some JAG named Brady playing way over his head, barely snuck by Oakland thanks in part to the tuck rule, and it really seemed like such a mismatch, that we should just be happy to be there.

I understand what you're saying though, but all the pressure is on the Colts. Another thing I like about the Saints is Payton. He's not going to be intimidated by the big lights, he's aggressive, and I think that's going to carry over to the rest of the team. Remember when Brady was throwing the ball down the field as Madden was talking about kneeling down and hoping for a lucky coin flip? I can see Payton doing the exact same thing.

This is in the hands of the gods now, but everytime I hear another story about how "great" it is that the Saints got to the Super Bowl or about the most recent parade in New Orleans celebrating the fact that the Saints got to the SB (wasn't there another one today?), I get this really sick feeling in my gut that maybe the Saints really are just happy to be going to Miami and that the game itself doesn't matter all that much and I tack another couple of points onto the Colts victory margin....

Please! Please! Please! Prove me wrong.

I think what your seeing is media hype. From the first day off the bus the Saints entered practice, that is unheard of. I know allot of people are picking the #9 ranked offense Colts over the #1 offense Saints ( who had a way harder schedule this year) vs the #18 ranked defense colts, and thats fine.

I can guarantee you, we are more physical than the Jets and our offense is better than the colts, stats prove this. The boys know the season is not over there is one more game to play. Paytons 3 saying this year "Every game is the Super Bowl", "Finish strong", and "Team is understanding that each individual must play perfect".

These are not the words of a Team that is here to full around. The media might count us out , but come sunday the Colts better understand we are the ones to beat, our boys will show, and Brees always does. We don't want to beat the Colts and win the Super Bowl, we want to play another NFL team and show them we are the best, and if that takes 50 pts fine.

This team found its heart in 2006, its built the discipline need to win since.

Last edited:
I can't picture a parade of a LOSING superbowl team to be happy and festive. Maybe I'm wrong.

I can't picture a parade of a LOSING superbowl team to be happy and festive. Maybe I'm wrong.

We're a little different down here. If the boys do their best and lose they deserve to be acknowledged for the hard work. If they dont we will still show them we appreciate all they put into to it, but don't think they will not get a strong talking too by us fans, and they know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back