PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Football Movie ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gervboy

Rookie
Reaction score
What do you think is the best football movie ?? I have watched a few great football movies which included, rember the titans, friday night lights & varsity blues.. There are more but these are the ones that comes to mind. Any further suggestions ??

Rudy.. I do like the replacements though..

Rudy then friday night lights then remember the titans my top 3

Any Given Sunday - I don't care if its an Oliver Stone movie, it has the greatest speech in film history ("either we heal as a team or die as individuals") and has Jamie Foxx's excellent breakout performance as Michael Vick err Willie Beamon.

Brain's Song

What about The Program? Not as good as the others, but....

Joe Kane? Lattimer?

A Hollywood take on college football.

North Dallas Forty because it strikes just the right cynical note. Plus Mac Davis plays the QB. Remember Mac Davis?!

richpats said:
Any Given Sunday - I don't care if its an Oliver Stone movie, it has the greatest speech in film history ("either we heal as a team or die as individuals") and has Jamie Foxx's excellent breakout performance as Michael Vick err Willie Beamon.

Al Pacino could not have been MORE miscast as the coach. I'm used to little hunched over guys patroling the sidelines but Pacino dressed in all black, it was a bit like Michael Corleone coaching.

The Longest Yard (1974), the original, not the 2005 remake version. Another movie that was not strictly football, but has one of the funniest football games is M*A*S*H*. Paul

edited for punctuation

Last edited:
gervboy said:
What do you think is the best football movie ?? I have watched a few great football movies which included, rember the titans, friday night lights & varsity blues.. There are more but these are the ones that comes to mind. Any further suggestions ??
Obviously I haven't seen it yet, but "Invincible" (coming out later this month) looks pretty good. Even though it features the Iggles.

Gotta be "3 Games to Glory" :) Great ending!

As for the fiction stuff, my vote would be for Rudy.

yea, any given sunday was good ! forgot about that one,, Havent come across some of the others but Im going to look them up..

Keep your movie titles commin...

Remember the Titans and Rudy are my favorites. Friday Night Ligths and the Program are in the next tier. However one football movie stands out above all others.

The Water Boy!

I'm going to say Any Given Sunday and The Program. I like Wille Beamon in Any Given Sunday and Joe Kane and Omar Epps character in The Program.

I gotta go with "Remember the Titans" (I live 5 miles from that high school). My wife's favorite football movie is "Angus" :)

serious man ? u live 5 miles from the school from rember the titans ? kool

Here are the top three, in order.

Brain's Song

Rudy

The longest yard

Murphys95 said:
I gotta go with "Remember the Titans" (I live 5 miles from that high school). My wife's favorite football movie is "Angus" :)

Murph, you stole my line (except I think I may be closer to TCW... dunno. I am in W. Alexandria.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Longest Yard (original, not the Adam Sandler remake) and MASH.
You should also check out (the original) Rollerball, while not a football movie per sey , a good look at where people saw professional sports were headed in the late 70's. Pretty prophetic when you see it now.

The Waterboy...........just kidding.

Longest Yard, Remember the Titans, then Rudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News