PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Benefits of coaching the Pro Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of the benefits here. BB will be around all pros. He will be able to solicit free agents to be. Sure it's a pain to go, but of the few who may be free agents this year or next he can sell his concept to and might be able to get one high profile guy to come to foxboro.
is anyone stupid enough to believe this topic? no, BB did not meet harrison at a friggin pro bowl... if you think BB didnt already have harrrison on his radar, you are probably one of the idiots who sit in a red seat.

Winner of the pro bowl gets home field for the super bowl next year!

Is that how they do that or are you talking sh@t? :confused: I always wondered how they decided who has home field in the SB...

Is that how they do that or are you talking sh@t? :confused: I always wondered how they decided who has home field in the SB...

He was joking. "HFA" in the Super Bowl alternates every season. Odd numbered seasons go to AFC, even numbered seasons go to NFC.

I expect BB to do a good job, being around a bunch of guys who do not know him as well.. he will bring them to another level and good things will happen in that game and those who think he is a cold hearted bunker guy will find out the truth.

is anyone stupid enough to believe this topic? no, BB did not meet harrison at a friggin pro bowl... if you think BB didnt already have harrrison on his radar, you are probably one of the idiots who sit in a red seat.

Sounds like you are the idiot, BB will take any opportunity to meet and greet players. Something as simple as work ethic in studying the plays for the game can show a lot about a person's willingness and love to play football. I couldn't imagine a better platform to find out what players are really like.

Lance Briggs and Adalius Thomas are the only 2007 free agents in the Pro Bowl this year.

Thomas maybe, but Briggs is in the NFC. Belichick will be coaching the AFC.

He was joking. "HFA" in the Super Bowl alternates every season. Odd numbered seasons go to AFC, even numbered seasons go to NFC.

If the team hosting the Superbowl makes it there, does it change?

When was the last time that's happened? If ever :confused:

Closest I can think of is SB XIX in 1985 held at Stanford stadium in Palo Alto with the 49ers over the Dolphins....

Lighten up.

Now I'll be more gentle...:)

BB gets most of his info from scouting draft prospects -- and filing that info. Keep in mind, we don't always draft our highest rated prospects -- but other teams do.

Now some of these scouted players eventually become our opponents, leading to the study of game film. Then we actually play the game -- leading to more film.

Then of course there's the traditional post-game greetings of both teams on the field. Ever see BB hug and greet some of the opponents? Possible future FAs? ;)

Back to topic...yes, the Pro Bowl gives BB another opportunity of meeting players whom he respects and hasn't had an opportunity of meeting...along with a first-hand observation of a players personality and attitude. There's always time for a private chat...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News