PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick Demeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed a change in BB's whole image when he's on the sideline. This year, I've seen him smile more than any past year and it's only been the first game(plus preseason). Also, he has brought his sons on the sideline and they've shown shots of him with his sons all happy and content. I don't know if any of you feel like I do, that BB is hiding a secret from us or that he is content with the team this year more so than any other years he's been coaching them, including all the SB ones :) .

Question about Matt Cassell. I see Matt with a clipboard and pen writing down all the plays as they happen, I was wondering if BB only made Matt do this to help his growth or do all teams have their backup QBs doing the same thing Matt does.

I was never in doubt that our team would win this game, I don't know if I'm crazy but my faith in BB and the team this year is unwavering and I envision the Lombardi Trophy coming back this year.

His kids have always been on the sidelines but I agree he seems to have lightened up a little more in public this year. Particularly in his press conferences where he has been a regular Henny Youngman. Even yesterday he managed a smile.

strider said:
Question about Matt Cassell. I see Matt with a clipboard and pen writing down all the plays as they happen, I was wondering if BB only made Matt do this to help his growth or do all teams have their backup QBs doing the same thing Matt does.

That seems to be the norm for the league, however yesterday one of BB's son had the clipboard, but he was right next to Cassell.

Back-up QBs have always been none as clipboard holders.

I think Belichick has been very different this season. I was going to bring it up a couple weeks ago when i first started to really notice it, but I wanted to wait and see if anyone else had noticed too.

In general he's been more open. With the media he's come out and said things this season that normally he'd never even approach. He's still been tight lipped about injuries and about high tension topics like Branch, but in general his attitude towards the media is more open and playful.

He was obviously showing a sense of humor adding Brady to the injury report AFTER they'd forgotten and left him off.

He's definitely been caught smiling more often as well.

I don't know if it's something in his personal life that's made him happy or if he intended to be more open to the public this year(which I doubt), but I think it's more because he's happy with his team this year and that's the hope i hold onto as I watch him smile those rare smiles.

I've noticed him doing more appearances on TV (network promos, league promos, etc.) which is strange for him. That's stuff usually left to Herm Edwards and John Gruden spotlight-seeking types. I figured the league was making him put a happier face on but you guys are right, he seemed WAY relaxed on the sideline during yesterday's second half. Good for him.

After 5 years of grinding, he finally has a team that truly is talented at multiple positions.

It's not like in the past, when he was picking up waiver wire guys, signing guys on the cheap to start, and going into every game with a talent mismatch. He has had to out-scheme his opponent, every week, for years.

I bet he's happier simply from less stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes