PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick built this secondary for this matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather, obviously, will be a factor...

We can pretty much kiss home field Advantage away if we don't win today. we might just have to go 14-2 to get home field but I think 13-3 will get it. I see us beating Denver. winning 2 out of the next 3 after that. and winning the last 4.
To me San Diego would be the loss in that case.

San Diego's star looks to be plummeting. It's week #9. If the Chargers are what they were advertised as, this shouldn't be happening. Scratching them off the list of games I thought we might lose away.

If we beat Denver today, running the table looks like a much greater possibility.
GB's defense is bad and Luck has to beat us once before I can sweat him

Denver literally had to work for every yard today. We forced Peyton to be perfect. He couldn't. This was a domination!!!!!!!!

I've wondered about this when defending the goal line. If the ball is inside the one, why not just tee off on the OL as soon as they come to the line? So you lose half the distance? Do it over and over and over again, until on the fifth or sixth time, you fake it, and they twitch and thus commit illegal procedure, moving the ball back to the five. Why not?

There's actually a long-standing though rarely invoked rule against it.

Committing a "palpably unfair act" to prevent a score--which includes repeated fouls inside the 1--can result in the TD being awarded.

The rule can also be invoked if, e.g., a player on the sidelines tries to make a tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back