PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Belichick The Coach Not Pleased With Belichick the GM Questions

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Belichick The Coach Not Pleased With Belichick the GM Questions
Ian Logue
Patriots head coach Bill Belichick obviously handles more than one role for his football team, and he wasn't pleased with some of the questions he was asked on Wednesday as they related to the club's personnel moves.

The post Belichick The Coach Not Pleased With Belichick the GM Questions appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I think his answers are fine and the annoyance of getting asked the same thing multiple times over multiple weeks is fair. As HC and GM he's an orchestrator of both coaching and personnel, which he points out. Time keeps on ticking so even when something like the trade deadline comes around he can't sit around. He can communicate positions or players of interest to the personnel department, let them do some legwork on costs or feasibility, and then let them get back to him.

Just once would love to see him take some personal accountability for what has happened to this team.
It would be easier to take if he could cut out the bullshi*. A little humility would really help.

His team is now one of the worst in the NFL and he owes the fans more!

Just once would love to see him take some personal accountability for what has happened to this team.
It would be easier to take if he could cut out the bullshi*. A little humility would really help.

Pride and arrogance.
He will point to injuries and a few plays here and there.

I think his answers are fine and the annoyance of getting asked the same thing multiple times over multiple weeks is fair. As HC and GM he's an orchestrator of both coaching and personnel, which he points out. Time keeps on ticking so even when something like the trade deadline comes around he can't sit around. He can communicate positions or players of interest to the personnel department, let them do some legwork on costs or feasibility, and then let them get back to him.

I guess I get it. He has people in the personnel dept who come to him when it's time for him to make decisions. It sounds like his day to day focus is the x's and o's and the personnel dept handles it until it's time for him to signoff on trades or whatever.

There's nothing really to talk about. If fans hate him, they will find fault in everything he does. Nothing he does (or doesn't do) will be good enough.

There's nothing really to talk about. If fans hate him, they will find fault in everything he does. Nothing he does (or doesn't do) will be good enough.

Pretty much this, here. Having BB as coach and GM was tits and candy when we were winning Super Bowls. Now that we're not, it's an unsolvable, intolerable issue.

If winning cures all, losing kills everything that was once beautiful...or something like that.

Pretty much this, here. Having BB as coach and GM was tits and candy when we were winning Super Bowls. Now that we're not, it's an unsolvable, intolerable issue.

If winning cures all, losing kills everything that was once beautiful...or something like that.

New England Patriots Agree GIF by DraftKings

He sure can't handle the heat when he's confronted with questions like this. Deferring to the "personnel department" is just ridiculous at this point.
If that is the case maybe he should allow the *personnel* people as he says to have half his 25 million salary..

Sadly yeah...it's looking more and more like it's time.

Bill can't be here forever. He's 71. Was a great run for him, he's a first ballot HOFer, also with a mutually beneficial partnership with the greatest QB that ever lived that no other QB-coach will ever have and he made his mark on the sport and the sport is better off for it. All good things must end sometime.

The better question is whether Bill should have had his personnel people calling around to ask if there was interest in trading for Uche, rather than leaving them to sit, waiting to see if the Pats wanted to trade for any available players? I'm not sure anyone has gotten anywhere trying to convince Bill to be sellers at this time of year.

The better question is whether Bill should have had his personnel people calling around to ask if there was interest in trading for Uche, rather than leaving them to sit, waiting to see if the Pats wanted to trade for any available players? I'm not sure anyone has gotten anywhere trying to convince Bill to be sellers at this time of year.
From reports there was some interest for him.. but I believe it was the return the team wasn't happy with. So at least they kept him. I don't believe based on this season he's going to command a big pay day especially after not following up last season. Now he can have a heck of a second half and change the narrative.

Sadly yeah...it's looking more and more like it's time.

Bill can't be here forever. He's 71. Was a great run for him, he's a first ballot HOFer, also with a mutually beneficial partnership with the greatest QB that ever lived that no other QB-coach will ever have and he made his mark on the sport and the sport is better off for it. All good things must end sometime.
We all wish it didn't look the way it's looked.. but as you said sadly this what the end looks like.. a roster that is in flux, some young players that project to be great in the league. But the elephant in the room is the QB position. Your right .

Reactions: sb1
Unless Uche re-signs (I don't see why he would), we will discuss in the off-season how idiotic it was for Bill to not trade him. Josh will not get enough money to get a 3rd round comp pick.

Unless Uche re-signs (I don't see why he would), we will discuss in the off-season how idiotic it was for Bill to not trade him. Josh will not get enough money to get a 3rd round comp pick.
And we're going to be such buyers in this free agency that it would offset that pick anyway.

But I think there just wasn't that much interest in him. And if there's not that much interest in trading for him, he's probably not looking at a big payday come free agency anyway.

What would you say specifically though? Would you actually flat out say you built a bad roster and that's on you?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back