PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Belichick The Coach Not Pleased With Belichick the GM Questions

I'd love to see a video of him and Groh sitting across a table from each other not saying anything.
c28a0000-0aff-0242-3bfb-08d9eb0508a3_w650_r1_s.jpg

The better question is whether Bill should have had his personnel people calling around to ask if there was interest in trading for Uche, rather than leaving them to sit, waiting to see if the Pats wanted to trade for any available players? I'm not sure anyone has gotten anywhere trying to convince Bill to be sellers at this time of year.
How do you know they weren’t? Do you have sources inside the personnel department? If you do please dish with more interesting topics than Uche!

What would you say specifically though? Would you actually flat out say you built a bad roster and that's on you?
I know I'll get voted down for this, but as we saw in the Bills game, the roster he built was probably good enough... as long as nothing went wrong. Like everything had to go just right for this team to succeed.

The injuries at Oline and then to key parts of the defense just did us in. Mac can't concentrate on his fundamentals when he's convinced he's going to get creamed on every play. The WRs don't get enough separation for Mac to get them the ball with his mistimed and out of sync throws.

And yeah, he should have built the team better, with more depth. Most of that is on too many draft picks that just didn't work out. But I doubt you'll get him to admit that. In his mind, the team he built can win. As long as nothing goes wrong.

How do you know they weren’t? Do you have sources inside the personnel department? If you do please dish with more interesting topics than Uche!
I was going on his quote of them sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. That doesn't sound like something someone says if they're actively trying to make a trade.

The better question is whether Bill should have had his personnel people calling around to ask if there was interest in trading for Uche, rather than leaving them to sit, waiting to see if the Pats wanted to trade for any available players? I'm not sure anyone has gotten anywhere trying to convince Bill to be sellers at this time of year.
And we're going to be such buyers in this free agency that it would offset that pick anyway.

But I think there just wasn't that much interest in him. And if there's not that much interest in trading for him, he's probably not looking at a big payday come free agency anyway.
so if there was no interest how does it matter if we called them or waited for them to call us?

How do you know it wasn’t we call, they said no interest, call ended?

admit it, you‘re just throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks.

so if there was no interest how does it matter if we called them or waited for them to call us?

How do you know it wasn’t we call, they said no interest, call ended?

admit it, you‘re just throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks.
Um, sure. I admit that I'm on a forum throwing out my thoughts (which are as brown and smelly as you describe them). Is that a thing we're not supposed to do here?

I was going on his quote of them sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. That doesn't sound like something someone says if they're actively trying to make a trade.
There was enough speculation about Uche for weeks before the deadline that anybody with a possible interest knew of the possibility he’d be available.

if they wanted him but weren’t motivated enough to pick up the phone, they didn’t want him.

whivh means the offers wouldn’t have been worth considering.

Um, sure. I admit that I'm on a forum throwing out my thoughts (which are as brown and smelly as you describe them). Is that a thing we're not supposed to do here?
Lulz. I’m tired of bad smells. I’m tired of them on the field and in the game results, and I’m tired of them in posts on here that are just assuming bad stuff with no basis outside someone’s imagination.

Lulz. I’m tired of bad smells. I’m tired of them on the field and in the game results, and I’m tired of them in posts on here that are just assuming bad stuff with no basis outside someone’s imagination.
I try to ignore some of the extreme takes here because they're clearly over the top (but if that's how they approach the team, so be it). But I do find the team in a weird place.

Should they be trying to tank? Should they be doing a fire sale and have taken whatever they could get for Uche? Is it more likely Bill turns the team around or some new coach/GM?

I can see arguments both ways, so I do find the different points of view interesting.

What would you say specifically though? Would you actually flat out say you built a bad roster and that's on you?
How about “we had lots of discussions with other teams but could not get what we thought was fair value”

Instead of the “personnel department” bullcrap

He was just trying and succeeding at being an a-hole
Have some respect for the fans and paying customers

If the rumor’s were true about a 5th I would of taken it at this point. Really don’t want to see them overpay for the guy next year. Every player will try to maximize his value and they should. The only way they get a team friendly deal for him is if the market isn’t there. There is aways a market for front 7 lineman who have pass rushing ability and upside. There aren’t a lot of these types of players so imo someone will overpay or maybe get a steal.

What’s the salary budget of the personnel department?

might they already have half of his $50 million salary allocation?
Good question. I'm not sure. The patriots are very tight to the vest on what budgets they set. I'm sure it's available somewhere.

I would not want to be that dude on the right.

Yeah, ruling France is detrimental to your health, as many a French leader can attest to....from the afterlife.

Putin seems to forget that guns are ranged weapons. The long table is a self-indictment of his overblown Judo skills.

Just once would love to see him take some personal accountability for what has happened to this team.
It would be easier to take if he could cut out the bullshi*. A little humility would really help.

His team is now one of the worst in the NFL and he owes the fans more!
This.

These press conferences are ok when you are competing for a Super Bowl every year.

They irritate fans when the team is one of the worst in the league.

I know I'll get voted down for this, but as we saw in the Bills game, the roster he built was probably good enough... as long as nothing went wrong. Like everything had to go just right for this team to succeed.

The injuries at Oline and then to key parts of the defense just did us in. Mac can't concentrate on his fundamentals when he's convinced he's going to get creamed on every play. The WRs don't get enough separation for Mac to get them the ball with his mistimed and out of sync throws.

And yeah, he should have built the team better, with more depth. Most of that is on too many draft picks that just didn't work out. But I doubt you'll get him to admit that. In his mind, the team he built can win. As long as nothing goes wrong.
Your right in that assessment. I'd think think most logical thinking people would agree. Everything just has to be on point in the patriots system. The throws the timing the execution to the blocks.

As I've posted. Things just spiraled out of control the first few games. The dissary on the line.. the Injuries, the turnovers.. that all equals 2-6. Like in the NBA,NFL, MLB,NHL you don't get to make up a loss. A loss in the NFL is huge when it's 17 games. I want them to go on a run.. I want them to right the ship. But going strictly off what we witness each week and then coupled with the Injuries is hard to find optimism.

There was enough speculation about Uche for weeks before the deadline that anybody with a possible interest knew of the possibility he’d be available.

if they wanted him but weren’t motivated enough to pick up the phone, they didn’t want him.

whivh means the offers wouldn’t have been worth considering.
I'll say.. the fact that no one called on Mac is telling. Brissett, Josh Dobbs got interest and even traded to minny.. where I thought for sure they'd inquire. Minny thought more of Dobbs than Mac.

I'll say.. the fact that no one called on Mac is telling. Brissett, Josh Dobbs got interest and even traded to minny.. where I thought for sure they'd inquire. Minny thought more of Dobbs than Mac.
This is just my own thoughts I'm throwing at the wall, but it seems like the Pats may have made it known they weren't trading Mac, which is why they didn't get any calls. I have a hard time imagining the situation where Bill trades Mac and goes through the rest of the season with Zappe. Not when he's still trying to win.

He sure can't handle the heat when he's confronted with questions like this. Deferring to the "personnel department" is just ridiculous at this point.

This is why I’m not down with “You can’t fire him during the season, what about the respect and dignity!” He’s taking a dump all over the organization and being a ****bag in the process. When he’s winning, he can stonewall and deflect all he wants. His antics are now in the category of hostility as he continues to **** up the team’s future.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back