PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Belichick The Coach Not Pleased With Belichick the GM Questions

That’s probably very true. But BB deserves credit for keeping Brady on the 53 in 2000. He knew he would have been scooped up. He was fourth string of my memory is correct.
I know it sounds like I'm trying to discredit everything that Bill has done but I'm not. He's always been one of the best coaches and as I've mentioned before he makes less mistakes in a season than some coaches make in a game. I just value players more and that has shown to be the key to winning more than coaching. And Bill's philosophy of getting rid of top talent when they become more costly goes directly against that.

I have a friend who spent the last 20 years trying to ask Bill questions and he never loved Bill or even liked him. Neither do I because Bill was an a-hole when they were winning and he's an a-hole now.

Bill Belichick, along with Kraft, Patricia, Daboll and McDaniels all owe everything to Tom Brady. Without him they're average or below average and their records show that clearly. Too bad those fools (and apparently some fans here) think that they were the reason for the success of the Pats.

Speaking of which, is it a coincidence that the 3 worst offenses in the NYFL are all coached by Bill and his understudies. How much more proof do people need that time has passed by Bill and his methods?

And now, Bill doesn't think that he owes the fans any answers. I can't wait for him to be gone so the team can move forward into the future. Maybe we'll get a HC with a personality and an appreciation for the fans.
I hope you are right about Deion...I just don't think he's coming to the NFL based on what he said about coaching in college.

Coach Deion would 100% be a reason for players to want to play here.

The longer we go on losing the more interesting it gets seeing Bill's rumpswabs spinning around trying to make the **** sandwich he gave this team into a tasty little treat.

Here's a little tidbit. Bill Belichick has had 8 losing seasons in 29 years. Andy Reid and Mike Tomlin have been in this league for 43 years combined and they've had 3 losing seasons and never had Brady.

If not for **** Rehbein Bill might not have any rings as a HC.
I've mentioned..
The longer we go on losing the more interesting it gets seeing Bill's rumpswabs spinning around trying to make the **** sandwich he gave this team into a tasty little treat.

Here's a little tidbit. Bill Belichick has had 8 losing seasons in 29 years. Andy Reid and Mike Tomlin have been in this league for 43 years combined and they've had 3 losing seasons and never had Brady.

If not for **** Rehbein Bill might not have any rings as a HC.
Absolutely correct. His last few seasons have gone like his first few in Cleveland. Look at the 5-3 Steelers. They have had huge turnover just like us but they still remain competitive... sometimes I wish he was just the coach and not the Gm.. Tomlin doesn't have to worry about roster moves, money ect. He can just focus on coaching.

I hope you are right about Deion...I just don't think he's coming to the NFL based on what he said about coaching in college.

Coach Deion would 100% be a reason for players to want to play here.
I would love it if deion came. But we know it's a pipe dream. I'll say though.. I believe Josh is going to be back in the organization.. his family is in Massachusetts, and reports are he still lives here. I just have a gut feeling BOB is going to leave to either seek another HC opportunity in the NFL or go back to the NCAA. When Tom Curran is making mention about BB not being here next season.. then you know it's a realistic possibility.

I guess I get it. He has people in the personnel dept who come to him when it's time for him to make decisions. It sounds like his day to day focus is the x's and o's and the personnel dept handles it until it's time for him to signoff on trades or whatever.

There's nothing really to talk about. If fans hate him, they will find fault in everything he does. Nothing he does (or doesn't do) will be good enough.
That may be because he hasn't done much of anything positive lately. We can't blame the fans for being upset at the poor product BB has put on the field. The only solutions for Bill are winning or leaving.

That may be because he hasn't done much of anything positive lately. We can't blame the fans for being upset at the poor product BB has put on the field. The only solutions for Bill are winning or leaving.
I think from what I interpreted.. was the reporters were just trying to Prod for more detailed information knowing they aren't going to get any information unless they ask about a special teams player... your right. Winning is the only solution for BB.

Everyone didn't love ******* Bill for 20 years they tolerated him because he was winning.
I really don't understand this, but maybe I won't ever. I didn't care that Bill was an ******* when we were winning. I don't care that he's an ******* now. It has no effect on what happens on the field, which is where I want to see things improved. If the play on the field doesn't improve, then it doesn't matter to me how nice he is to reporters or not. That's not going to affect whether I want him to keep his job 2 minutes longer.

I really don't understand this, but maybe I won't ever. I didn't care that Bill was an ******* when we were winning. I don't care that he's an ******* now. It has no effect on what happens on the field, which is where I want to see things improved. If the play on the field doesn't improve, then it doesn't matter to me how nice he is to reporters or not. That's not going to affect whether I want him to keep his job 2 minutes longer.
If you listen to some current and ex players. They have all said the image he puts on for the media he's nothing like that in private. They say he's very honest with them and Hightower said how he's a very funny guy. I always felt there was no possible way he could be 50 years in the NFL and be the way he is with the media to other people. But to your point it's all about how the do on the field.. that's all we should care about. The krafts care about 1 thing winning.

If you listen to some current and ex players. They have all said the image he puts on for the media he's nothing like that in private. They say he's very honest with them and Hightower said how he's a very funny guy. I always felt there was no possible way he could be 50 years in the NFL and be the way he is with the media to other people. But to your point it's all about how the do on the field.. that's all we should care about. The krafts care about 1 thing winning.
Right. As fans, I get that we want honest answers and probably appreciate that more than bluster, but to use that to justify firing him now as opposed to at the end of the season or to act like that's the final straw is not something I can really get behind.

i dont really know what else he is going to say. People want him to grovel and say i am sorry for the roster. Tell me which GM/Coach has done it recently .If by some miracle he does then people will say , why doesnt he quit. ITs a loop. He has always said he is responsible for all the decisions. Even with Matt P ting last yr he said before the season its his decisions. His accountability to the media has no relation to what he is telling kraft.

I'd like to know how many of the guys who hate Bill for being a **** to the media loved Parcells.
This. I never got why people got wound up how Bill treats media. With all the info available, it's not that the media is the fans eyes and ears anymore. This isn't 1979. I don't need Will McDonough, Mannix or Shank to tell me what to think.

How do you know they weren’t? Do you have sources inside the personnel department? If you do please dish with more interesting topics than Uche!
Phil perry and co have been harping on trading for the future. IF they had traded for the future 5th round they would say - patriots are cheap. Dont want to pay players. What good is a 5th round pick?
Now that the trade deadline is past, perry and other mediots want BB to resign dugger and uche ad "building blocks" and if they dont , you guessed it - they are cheap.
I saw perry's podcast where he said he thinks fans are more interested in the trade deaadline at this point than commanders. Thats because thats all the media is covering. I for one couldve give 2 cents about the deadline . It was just a storyline to fill pages.

I'd like to know how many of the guys who hate Bill for being a **** to the media loved Parcells.

This. I never got why people got wound up how Bill treats media. With all the info available, it's not that the media is the fans eyes and ears anymore. This isn't 1979. I don't need Will McDonough, Mannix or Shank to tell me what to think.
Don't forget Ron Borges! Yes correct we can simply go to Google to find ANYTHING we need these days. I just believe some people get to enormoured with his interviews.. all I care about it the product on the field like most fans should.

Right. As fans, I get that we want honest answers and probably appreciate that more than bluster, but to use that to justify firing him now as opposed to at the end of the season or to act like that's the final straw is not something I can really get behind.
Exactly! I believe the things that Matter like the roster and the poor play at the QB position is what I'm judging him off not his interviews.

If the rumor’s were true about a 5th I would of taken it at this point. Really don’t want to see them overpay for the guy next year. Every player will try to maximize his value and they should. The only way they get a team friendly deal for him is if the market isn’t there. There is aways a market for front 7 lineman who have pass rushing ability and upside. There aren’t a lot of these types of players so imo someone will overpay or maybe get a steal.
If they had taken the 5th the media wouldve been ecstatic for sure. They can write stories about -1)team waved a white flag 2) PAts didnt want to pay uche they are cheap 3)what good is a 5th rounder where we wil take some guard or punter

This. When people like curran and perry and others say the fans want to know its so rubbish. Fans arent looking at these press conferences for answers. There is so much info aroind and fans are way too smart to wait on some mediot be their voice.

Ehhhh. Bill the HC oughta be as angry with Bill the GM as anybody, maybe more. He ought to have the honesty and courage to acknowledge his failures, rather than trying to posture and browbeat his way out of accountability. The press conferences are starting to piss me off: all that drivel about the other team is intended wholly to filibuster the press conference so as to avoid as many actual questions as possible. It's a weak move, a weasel move. Bill isn't going to quit theGM job, apparently, so he'll have to be fired. I would still make the offer I have proposed for some time: He is 100% out of the GM job, but may choose to stay on as head coach, frankly on a somewhat probationary basis, given his declining performance as HC. People respond to this by saying, "He'll never agree to that: you'll lose both the GM and the HC." I really could not care less. I am beginning to suspect that both of them are done for, and I am getting sick of his ******** anyway.

This. When people like curran and perry and others say the fans want to know its so rubbish. Fans arent looking at these press conferences for answers. There is so much info aroind and fans are way too smart to wait on some mediot be their voice.
Not according to what I read here tho. Lots of old school guys need the HC to be nice to the media, and give thoughtful, long answers on why ___________ happened.
I am getting sick of his ******** anyway.
Yah, we know.
south park beat a dead horse GIF

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3