PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard film review :Pats vs Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB just wants to win. Brady just wants to win. As long as they keep winning, this whole "it's BB or Brady" thing is going to die down completely.

The problem is that if TB is here 4 more years (lets say) then we are going to have to listen to this **** every week during the season for 4 more years.

In one breath you mock mediots and in the next breath you seek their validation. Too funny
Clutching a WR/TE jersey at the LOS scrimmage is a no no whether you approve or disapprove.

You can clutch the jersey within 5 yards. You cannot pull on the jersey to impede his progress. Before this year's emphasis, those two plays would never have been called.

The referee expert that Felger and Mazz have on every Monday said they were both bad calls too.

not if they keep winning.

Well, yeah, of course, but TB is 37 and lets call it what it is. I would love to go back to smoking teams regularly and I hope we still can, but it may not happen. And if they become a mortal team again this will go on and on and on.

But if they string some good wins together it will help. But, as mentioned on the show by Bedard, TB did not play well. And Bedard does not think he has played well all year.

So there are a couple factors.

Bedard says that Denver is all in because they don't have confidence that they will be good after Manning. Belichick has more confidence in his system and the potential to develop Garoppolo. He also said that Denver considered to take Bortles if he dropped to them.

Bill looks longterm. Bill doesn't want Patriots to go into tank when Brady leaves. Bill wants to be strong when Tom leaves, whereas Broncos don't have any QB behind Manning and are all in.

"All in" is just not the way Bill thinks

Because he does not want to be known as the coach who could not win without TB

Well, yeah, of course, but TB is 37 and lets call it what it is. I would love to go back to smoking teams regularly and I hope we still can, but it may not happen. And if they become a mortal team again this will go on and on and on.

But if they string some good wins together it will help. But, as mentioned on the show by Bedard, TB did not play well. And Bedard does not think he has played well all year.

So there are a couple factors.
Agree .But lets see how the year plays out. If they still can keep winning consistently every yr , not SB every yr , they will be fine.
Pats are rarely awesome throught the year. More often than not they get better. The Age factor has been drummed up by the media along with the added juice of mankins trade that brady is going to suffer the same fate because BB always does this. Its a good story to keep in the news cycle. Brady wasnt good in 2006 also initially. Last yr too was the same talk.
Iam sure if mankins was here , this would not be that big a story.

Personnel hasn't been up to snuff, so they've gone back to basics. Usually, this is week 1 stuff, we're now in week 5

Browner will be more of a game plan guy
Dennard is a good player. He's just small

Thinks Browner will get in for certain packages, but thinks his unique skill set limits him (not quick enough against certain offenses)

One of the most amazing things no one seems to appreciate- Pats over 15 yrs have had so many rival teams -colts,steelers,ravens,broncos . They have all faded at some point. Pats have remained effective contenders all the time. Our media just looks at the broncos as the model right now just like felger 2 yrs ago said the Rex Ryan /Mike T jet model was good.

It's hilarious. He was going on about how he's fine with them getting penalties because it means they are playing physical and aggressive and then he cites Dennard getting a few penalties as why he is down. wtf?

Also he struggled with Sanu? Take away that TD that Dennard was setup to fail on by playing that zone coverage and Sanu is 4 rec for 33 yards. Ya real big struggle.

And that TD was almost certainly Harmon's fault, as he got sucked-up by the TE crossing pattern. Dennard played outside leverage to a single-deep safety who wasn't deep. There's no way that Revis and Dennard were supposed to be individually responsible for their guys in the deep zone.

Bedard says the Pats' defense is more of advantage seeing Orton over Manuel. He feels the defense will be more aggressive with a non-mobile QB like Orton and he coaches scared against mobile guys.

Patriots will probably do some cover 3 for Browner
Having Kyle Orton starting for Bills allows Patriots to be more aggressive
Mobile QBs scare BB because of the scrambling/big play ability

You can't read ignored members posts when they're quoted anymore, FYI. The quote just isn't there in the post. It's a very welcomed change on these new boards.

I suppose it would be easy to circumvent this by not using the member # and post #. For example:

Code:
[quote="dales804"][/quote]

instead of

Code:
[QUOTE="dales804, post: 3937622, member: 31450"][/quote]

"Does BB need help personnel-wise?"

Pioli wasn't afraid to tell BB not to pick a player, doesn't think Caserio has the personality to do that

BB will go rogue on draft day, picking against the scouting staff all on his own (Maroney, Wilson, Harmon named as examples)

I suppose it would be easy to circumvent this by not using the member # and post #. For example:

Code:
[quote="dales804"][/quote]

instead of

Code:
[QUOTE="dales804, post: 3937622, member: 31450"][/quote]
Maybe. All I know is I don't see a trace of anyone on my Ignored List since the move to the new board. Ever.

With their recent track record in the draft, yes, Bill needs help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes