PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard film review: Patriots vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bedard's January NFC power rankings:
Seattle
Philly
San Francisco

Not a fan of Dallas. Says that they will fade.

Says Green Bay has won against a bunch of softies and they will will really be tested when the Pats go out there.

I agree about Green Bay. Not sure about Dallas - if that OL stays healthy, they can match up with anybody.

Says that regular season records for QBs are bad measurables like total TDs, but post season ones are misleading.

He likes yards per pass attempt as best stat to measure career even though both Brady (31st) and Manning (13th) sucks in that category.

Don't ask. It is a whole thing.

I always find these Bedard threads to be a good read regardless of who's reporting. It's always appreciated.

There was a Bedard thread already in existence (this one). Rob just started adding his summary of the Felger&Mazz discussion onto that thread. Deus (who has Rob on ignore) started a separate thread. Miguel then merged the 2 threads. Deus then noticed that his thread has disappeared and started a new one, until informed of what had happened, at which point he signed off.

I don't see the need for multiple threads, but I don't see the harm, either, and I'm not sure that most of us are better off by not having Deus' comments available (which those who didn't want to read could ignore).

I'd prefer one thread even if both Deus and Rob are doing the write ups at the same time. It'll be easier to follow.

And why is Rob on Deus' ignore? They both love to argue. I figured they'd be perfect for each other:D

I agree about Green Bay. Not sure about Dallas - if that OL stays healthy, they can match up with anybody.

One thing that people had forgotten with Dallas, especially on the offensive side of the ball, is that they had a lot of talent but were losing all too often in the trenches. That changed this season and look at the results.

His favorite QB of all time is Marino. Best thrower of the football. He was upset with the Dolphins for never giving him a defense.

One CB for one game, he would take Talib over Revis. At least until he gets hurt.

Doesn't think the Steelers will make the playoffs. He thinks the **** LeBeau defense is obsolete in the NFL.

Thinks Jay Cutler is the biggest toolbag QB in the NFL.

I would rather listen to Bedard even having to put up with Felger and Mazz. There is only so much of what he gives you on the radio that can be transcribed on a message board.
Probably true, but I can get the gist of Bedard's commentary in just a few minutes of skimming this thread while avoiding Felger's blatant goading and Mazz's overall idiotic behavior thus saving an hour for better things.

Thinks Stafford is the second biggest toolbag because he is a pretty boy.

He hates Brees personally. Had a run in with him when he was reporting about the lockout. Feels he talks out of both sides of his mouth.

I think I am going to actually have to go back to work. Someone else will have to take over transcribing. Sorry guys.

It could be that its because I started this thread and Deus has me on ignore and didnt see this thread before.

Doesn't think the Steelers will make the playoffs. He thinks the **** LeBeau defense is obsolete in the NFL.

Thinks Jay Cutler is the biggest toolbag QB in the NFL.
Andy Hart thinks that Jay Cutler is a worthless drunk.

Thinks Stafford is the second biggest toolbag because he is a pretty boy.

He hates Brees personally. Had a run in with him when he was reporting about the lockout. Feels he talks out of both sides of his mouth.

Bedard said that Stafford gets manicures and pedicures. Pretty sure I can now rule him out of ever winning a super bowl. Brees has a creepy, born-again vibe, which has always rubbed me the wrong way.

One CB for one game, he would take Talib over Revis. At least until he gets hurt.

Ouch. Given our luck of late, Talib will be a picture of health all year.

Seriously, though, what's the harm? Personally, I found some of Deus' comments useful, and many more entertaining. I find it useful to compare the two versions. If Deus wants to put them in a separate thread, it didn't bother me, personally. Compared to some of what goes on on this board, it was relatively harmless.

Didn't bother me either. But posters were complaining about two separate threads on the same subject. If others would like me to, I could try to decouple it.

For the life of me, I cannot see why this is a big deal. It's a great thread and both Deus and Rob are doing a great job bringing us the info.

Bedard:
Percy Harvin has a tough time fitting into a team. If he gets on the wrong side of something on his current team, he can never right that. He was upset this year with his reduced role with the Seahawks. The Seahawks won quite a bit without Harvin last year.
Rex Ryan is clueless when it comes to offense, except for "pound and ground".

Didn't bother me either. But posters were complaining and it made sense to have one thread on the very same subject. If others would like me to, I could try to decouple it.

For the life of me, I cannot see why this is a big deal. It's a great thread and both Deus and Rob are doing a great job bringing us the info.
No chance for détente?

It could be that its because I started this thread and Deus has me on ignore and didnt see this thread before.

Deus has SVN on Ignore.

Deus has Rob on Ignore.

Deus has Andy on Ignore.

Deus has me on Ignore.

He thinks Im a troll.

Are you guys trolls too?

No chance for détente?

That's up to Rob, Deus and evidently SVN.

I'm just learning about who's ignoring whom in the last few minutes from the other posters in this thread. I had no idea about the whole thing. It's truly fascinating.

FOLKS: IT'S A FOOTBALL MESSAGEBOARD, fer cryin' out loud.

SMH and :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey