PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB summoned to NFL office in New York [Team denies rumor]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB summoned to NFL office in new york . . .

WEEI says that this came from channel 5, and that the Patriots are denying it.

You have to be kidding me. They realize this will affect the preparations for this weeks game? Simply unbelievable that it would require this type of hands-on treatment by the Comish.

If you don't believe the conspiracy theory about the Pats being targeted, on many levels due to their success, by the league then here is your proof.

This kind of nutty conspiracy stuff reflects poorly on us all. Please don't post silly stuff like this.

They just said on WEEI that the Patriots are denying that BB is going to New York

As long as Goodell thinks he is making himself scary and a great comish for cracking down...thats all he cares about. :mad:

Last edited:

So why is he going? To be yelled at? Are they still conducting the investigation and want to ask him questions?

If they have a team punishment ready, then I don't see why they would need to deliver that to Belichick personally.

WEEI just said that the Patriots are denying the report and that BB has NOT been summoned to ny.

EDIT: DaBruinz beat me to it.

Last edited:

Ring Ring

BB: Hello?

Roger Goodell: Bill, this is Roger Goodell...

BB: Who?

RG: Roger Goodell, d%#*!@t the head of the NFL!

BB: Oh, hi.

RG: Listen, Bill, you're causing me a lot of headaches with this signal stealing crap. I know everyone does it, but not so blatantly, and now I have to make a show of doing something about it. I want you down here on the next plane...

BB: Ah, Mr. Goodell, look I'm preparing for a game on Sunday...

RG: I don't care. Bill Polian is having a coronary...

BB: It is what it is.

RG: Get down here now!

BB: How about the second week in February when I have some free time?

RG: Bill, I'm warning you...

BB: How about if I send the guy you took the camera from? I have no idea what he was doing anyway.

RG: Bill!!

click

WEEI - just reported that the pats DENY the report. CH 5 got it wrong, at least right now.

In this day and age, found it hard to disrupt the process of putting a product on the field.. that is why there is all this technology.. Gooddell is not that big of a fool.

I'd prefer that the league takes action as quickly as possible. This has become a cluster f*ck, and the sooner it gets adjudicated, the better for all involved. They could do this as easily on a conference call. Let's get it done!

Last edited:

You have to be kidding me. They realize this will affect the preparations for this weeks game? Simply unbelievable that it would require this type of hands-on treatment by the Comish.

If you don't believe the conspiracy theory about the Pats being targeted, on many levels due to their success, by the league then here is your proof.

If the league has evidence that NE was cheating and that BB was involved, NE waived the right to avoid disruption.

channel 5 has it up on their site...says he has to go friday. that would make NO sense, this should be not true I'm thinking.

This new Commish is an idiot. Things were running smoothly, then he has to let all the media run rampant over the NFL and then act like he has a strong hand. Tags had this thing running like a well-oiled machine and Goddell can't get his name out of the headlines.

Couldn't agree more. Every little issue now turns into a huge mess due partly to Goodell's ineptness.

Last edited:

As long as Goodell thinks he is making himself scary and a great comish for cracking down...thats all he cares about. :mad:

Exactly my thoughts. He's trying to play Emperor handing out suspensions while the good name of the NFL burns around him. Just STFU once in awhile!

Update: The Pats are denying that BB was called to nyc.

WEEI just said that the Patriots are denying the report and that BB has NOT been summoned to ny.

EDIT: DaBruinz beat me to it.

Well, I'm glad they got that denial out quickly.

Can someone change the thread title before poor unsuspecting Pats fans have heart attacks? :)

Update: The Pats are denying that BB was called to nyc.

Could one of the mods please put that in the title of the thread? I don't want to mislead anyone.

EDIT: Great minds think alike . . . NEPat said it first.

Last edited:

finally! this what Bill wanted..his day in court! now he can inform the commish what goes on in the NFL .and you better look into fixing the rules so it is illegal to steal other teams signs and not just illegal to tape them...like the miami tape... i am sure that he has loads to tell

Re: BB summoned to NFL office in new york . . . [Team denies rumor]

Goodell's been doing a fine job. Everyone here thought so when he booted Pacman and Chris Henry. Now because it's the Pats, he's inept.

What should he do, ignore that the Pats may have broken a rule so conspiracy theorists can relax? Maybe he should have let Rodney off for the same reason, wouldn't want us thinking he was picking on us.

Do the crime, do the time. I have no problem with what the Pats did, but they got caught and now they deserve what's coming to them. This is a scandal of their own creation.

The irony is that the pats aren't complainers or whiners like the Colts or now the Jets and change rules or points of emphasis.

The Pats could legitimately complain about the past two years getting knocked out of the playoffs in part by pass interference calls in Denver and two in Indy(against and not called).

It seems the whiners or squeaky wheel get what they want and the Pats get shafted.

I hate to see BB when he gets mad. You saw how he put half his team on the injury list to prove a point. I can see him bringing to light others team transgressions.

Last year Miami cheated and they weren't disciplined. This is just a case of jealousy and Mangini trying to needle BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back