PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB statement [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB statement

Well then, I guess I'm recanting my "Hey Bill - go F-- yourself" from earlier.

The hurt and disappointment lingers however.

I think that the NFL owes the Patriots two Comp Picks for not making the rules clearer.

The feed is up for the press connference at pats.com

Coach Belichick apologizes

From Mike Reiss at Boston.com

Bill Belichick released the following statement today:

"Earlier this week, I spoke with Commissioner Goodell about a videotaping procedure during last Sunday's game and my interpretation of the rules. At this point, we have not been notified of the league's ruling. Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players. Following the league’s decision, I will have further comment."

No big deal.... he felt he needed to apologize so he did.... there is nothing to worry about.

He's only talking about the Chargers

as I am listening to this I am realising...life does go on....:)

Re: As per WEEI

As per dale, goodell is furious and could slap BB hard FWIW

Because we all know that letting your immediate emotional reaction to a situation guide you is the best way to make decisions. . .

Missed the opening statement. Did anyone hear it? Was it just a repeat of the printed one?

I doubt it. He's just gonna bat back all the questions, just like usual.

I missed the first minute or two but from what I am hearing the media is actually asking him about football!!!! Someone asked about Adelius Thomas and defensive formations and Norv Turner. Now someone is asking about it and he said he wasn't talking about it until he got a ruling from the NFL, the reporter, don't know who it was kept talking and BB kept asking does anyone else have anything to say about football and he walked off the stage. Great job butt munch, whoever you are......

Last edited:
as I am listening to this I am realising...life does go on....:)

Halifax, along that line of thought. Last night I was cringing as I finally clicked on ESPN.com...thining there would be a huge picture and a screaming headline. No. Instead it was a picture of CHarlie Weiss and we were in the corner somewhere.

It occurred to me then that there were many more things even in the sports world, just going on like usual.

Well then, I guess I'm recanting my "Hey Bill - go F-- yourself" from earlier.

The hurt and disappointment lingers however.

He didn't do anything TO you. He did what he likely has learned from others and something that many other teams are likely doing in some form as well.

They would never do that without a sit down.

They had a conference call where BB explained his interpretation of the rules.

Contrary to popular media speculation, the last thing the 32 owners of this league want to empower a commissioner to do is suspend one of them or their HC. Players is another whole thing. Easier for him to do then them.

Wade Wilson was just suspended for 5 games. The Cowboys are considered a favorite to be in the Super Bowl, but RG suspended the QB coach for a team whose QB is playing his first full season as a starter in the NFL.

I think that the NFL owes the Patriots two Comp Picks for not making the rules clearer.

Exactly! If the rule is convoluted enough to confuse even BB, Goodell is the one who should apologize! ;)

Last edited:
Re: Belichick apologizes for videotaping Jets coaches

ANd you missed the oh 10 other times this was posted how?

No, he didn't. He apologized, but he didn't say for what and to whom. I flat-out GUARANTEE that he'll never apologize to the Jets, though he'll cop to what he did as soon as the league hands out its verdict.

Don't make stuff up.

To the already overworked moderators, please delete this thread and ban this joker.
Note that this request was for the new post by Bolts-fan, and the thread has since been moved here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case