BB statement [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Per EEI:
BB spoke with commish about BB's interpretation of rules and apologizes to those effected "ownership, team and players"

More to come I'm sure.

EEI is saying maybe a 2nd round and another second day pick

Last edited:
As per WEEI [merged to: BB Statement]

dale and holley saying - BB has issued a statement saying he has spoken to goodell and has apologized to ownership and players .
As per dale, goodell is furious and could slap BB hard FWIW

Re: BB statement

He's screwed............ He's probably gonna get suspended.

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has issued the following statement.

STATEMENT FROM PATRIOTS HEAD COACH BILL BELICHICK

"Earlier this week, I spoke with Commissioner Goodell about a videotaping procedure during last Sunday's game and my interpretation of the rules. At this point, we have not been notified of the league's ruling. Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players. Following the league’s decision, I will have further comment.”

Probably? It is still a possibility, but most likely the Pats will lose a draft pick or two and be fined.

EEI is saying maybe a 2nd round and another second day pick
That would suck but we still have two #1s and the Raiders' #3 is almost what our #2 should be.

Well, here we go.

How do they know the Commish was furious?

Last edited:

They would never do that without a sit down.

They had a conference call where BB explained his interpretation of the rules.

Contrary to popular media speculation, the last thing the 32 owners of this league want to empower a commissioner to do is suspend one of them or their HC. Players is another whole thing. Easier for him to do then them.

Well, here we go.

according to the sources they talked to in the last 24 hrs.

Well, here we go.

They don't 'cause that comment was from Dale based on "what I'm hearing"...

Don't confuse the statement with what they were discussing between themselves before they received it.

according to the sources they talked to in the last 24 hrs.

Ah, sources. Okay, thanks, I'll take that with a grain of salt.

(At least until I see the severity of the punishment).

They would never do that without a sit down.

They had a conference call where BB explained his interpretation of the rules.

Contrary to popular media speculation, the last thing the 32 owners of this league want to empower a commissioner to do is suspend one of them or their HC. Players is another whole thing. Easier for him to do then them.
The league has the power to suspend coaches, the QB coach from Dallas is serving a drug suspension right now. That's not going to happen here, there's not one person who has all the culpability, the punishment will be against the organization as a whole (fines & draft pick losses), in my opinion.

People need to relax. Let the commish give his ruling and take it from there. I highly doubt Belichick gets suspended since it is a organization issue. Goodell will probaly come down real hard(I really think it will be a 1st and a 4th rd pick), but it's not the end of the world. You pay the cost to be the boss. The Pats are the boss of the NFL and will pay the ultimate price for this because EVERYONE is watching. If this was the Lions, this would be the 7th or 8th most important story this week in the NFL. Instead, because it's the Pats, it will be the major story on all the pregame shows this weekend and in the newspapers this week. Hey, time heals all wounds and EVERY fan in america would love to trade spots with Pats fans if they could hoist the trophy at the end of the year. Like AL Davis says, Just WIN baby!

A couple of draft picks...maybe a fine...whatever....lets just enjoy the damn football season again. I have waited too long for football to come back to waste it all talking about something EVERYONE does and we got caught. Admit we did wrong, get punished, and then KICK THE CHARGERS ALL OVER THE ******* FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think the competition commitee is driving for a suspension and hearing what jeff fisher said about the dallas coach getting suspended for HGH what would happen to bill etc ...leads to fear that they will push hard for it.

It's on the team website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill