PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bart Scott on Dan Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I do disagree with him about the last Ravens game. Losing to a guy you give up two TDs to and 27 points is not struggling.

But, I guess I have to say it again:
What does this mean? "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth."

What did we learn about Tom Brady?

We learned that big hits = sub standard brady peformance and patriots loss. this past weekend and super bowl 42 for example.

look at the stats i posted, those games were low point in Bradys game logs, by Brady standards he struggled, you look at the game logs for those years and he had several games with ratings over 115.

We learned that big hits = sub standard brady peformance and patriots loss. this past weekend and super bowl 42 for example.

look at the stats i posted, those games were low point in Bradys game logs, by Brady standards he struggled, you look at the game logs for those years and he had several games with ratings over 115.

Easily refuted by a multitude of other games when he was sacked and blitzed repeatedly and played superbly. We've gone through this before, someone just recently (before the Jets game) was looking at the breakdowns and Brady's completion rate was MUCH HIGHER when he was pressured, blitzed and hit.

Anyone that implies that Brady is not one of the few best--if not THE best--QBs in the league under pressure is just missing what Brady is all about. Remember, 3 weeks earlier to the Super Bowl, Brady faced that same Giants defense. Brady was sacked and hurried that game against the same Giants defense.

Scott's quote clearly implies that Brady, unlike other QBs (maybe many in Scott's mind, maybe only a few) wilts when he's smacked in the mouth.

That means when you put pressure and attack a quarterback like hes never attacked you see that as amazing as he is, hes not superman, he is human and pressure and big hits will affect his game. Scott is saying that you learn alot about a guy (brady) when you punch him in the mouth, meaning that when you actually attack and hit brady hes not the same. He also followed up by saying he is a great symbol for what the league is all about. You dont say a guy sucks or whatever you percieve him saying, and then say he is a symbol for what the NFL is all about.

Uh, yes, but you honestly think Brady has never been attacked before prior to Sunday? Really? Brady has been in big games against great defenses, the Titans, the Chargers, the Eagles, and he's performed well. Brady has been BETTER when he's been attacked in the past.

Uh, yes, but you honestly think Brady has never been attacked before prior to Sunday? Really? Brady has been in big games against great defenses, the Titans, the Chargers, the Eagles, and he's performed well. Brady has been BETTER when he's been attacked in the past.

Historically that's been true, but Brady's last 2 games against aggressive defenses have turned into low scoring losses. And the 2007 game against the Ravens we could have easily lost if the Ravens didn't blow it. You need to do a lot of things right to beat a team with your passing game when they blitz you 22 times.

And here's Brady's line against the Ravens in 2007:

ATT: 38 CMP: 18 YDS: 257 SCK/YDS: 3/21 TD: 2 LNG: 43 INT: 1 RAT: 76.3

So basically the Jets did what the Ravens already knew how to do. No surprise there. So yes, you can make Brady less effective with an attacking defense, even during his NFL record setting MVP season. But let's not be coy here and pretend Scott is saying that Brady is scared or timid of the blitz. He's saying that you can make him less effective. So the Ravens, Giants, and now the Jets all show us what a good defense can do to a great QB.

Historically that's been true, but Brady's last 2 games against aggressive defenses have turned into low scoring losses. And the 2007 game against the Ravens we could have easily lost if the Ravens didn't blow it. You need to do a lot of things right to beat a team with your passing game when they blitz you 22 times.

Last two games??!! LAST TWO!!!!

One of those games was from freakin' 2007!!!

You honestly don't see a flaw with your analysis?

And here's Brady's line against the Ravens in 2007:

ATT: 38 CMP: 18 YDS: 257 SCK/YDS: 3/21 TD: 2 LNG: 43 INT: 1 RAT: 76.3

So basically the Jets did what the Ravens already knew how to do. No surprise there. So yes, you can make Brady less effective with an attacking defense, even during his NFL record setting MVP season. But let's not be coy here and pretend Scott is saying that Brady is scared or timid of the blitz. He's saying that you can make him less effective. So the Ravens, Giants, and now the Jets all show us what a good defense can do to a great QB.

READ AGAIN: "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth."

Do you believe this statement is ANY different than saying, "Most QBs wilt when they are punched in the mouth?"

Is it any different? Are they the same?

AND, are the Jets and Ravens' Ds better than the Titans, Eagles, Colts Ds?

Last two games??!! LAST TWO!!!!

One of those games was from freakin' 2007!!!

You honestly don't see a flaw with your analysis?

Last 3 against aggressive defenses, 2 of which were coached by Ryan. Is there a flaw there? It's hard to say because with the NFL and small sample sizes it's hard to definitively establish trends. Is it necessarily wrong? Considering the results I don't think so.

READ AGAIN: "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth."

Yup. And if you listen to the interview it practically comes off as a compliment.

Do you believe this statement is ANY different than saying, "Most QBs wilt when they are punched in the mouth?"

Is it any different? Are they the same?

It doesn't matter one way or the other since he didn't say anybody wilted.

AND, are the Jets and Ravens' Ds better than the Titans, Eagles, Colts Ds?

Here's Brady's stats versus the Titans in the 2004 playoffs: 21/41 201 1 TD 0 INT. Tough defenses are, well, tough.

This coming from the guy who can't control his own mental meltdown emotions... a perfect spokesman for the Jesters.

Last 3 against aggressive defenses, 2 of which were coached by Ryan. Is there a flaw there? It's hard to say because with the NFL and small sample sizes it's hard to definitively establish trends. Is it necessarily wrong? Considering the results I don't think so.

The flaw is that Brady is coming off of season ending knee surgery.

That's basically ALL it says.

It has nothing to do with how Brady has handled getting hit in the past.

In my estimation, he has been the BEST in the league at that part of a game. No one took a hit better than him or stayed cool in the face of pressure, blitzing hits, This is his forte, and I don't care what Bart Scott says, HE'S WRONG!

I do not like Dan Patrick.

I do like Colin Cowherd.

The flaw is that Brady is coming off of season ending knee surgery.

He wasn't in '04 or '07.

That's basically ALL it says.

Incorrect.

In my estimation, he has been the BEST in the league at that part of a game. No one took a hit better than him or stayed cool in the face of pressure, blitzing hits, This is his forte, and I don't care what Bart Scott says, HE'S WRONG!

Nobody's saying he's not cool under pressure, or that he can't take a hit. What is being said is that a good attacking and aggressive defense can and sometimes does make Brady less effective.

I graduated BU from the School of Engineering...all of my friends that I made there graduated from pre-med,pre-law,arts and sciences etc. Everybody got good to excellent college board scores. Then there was the School of Communication....nitwits,laggards,scraping byers...sub 600 boards...learn to spell cat English survey courses...you too can learn to add two plus two freshman high school math. Ironically,quite a few of these clowns went on to the media and proliferated.

That's who the Dan Patricks are...."look at me in my nice suit ...I learned to lose all vestiges of my accent and now I am everywhere across all media platforms. I can't reason above that of a normal chimpanzee but you will watch me and respect my opinion!!!"

Even worse is the advent of the ex-jock "analyst"...you mean to tell me that a Merrill Hoge took anything above a basket weaving course in coilege? If he were in a normal workforce job,he'd be the 40 year old lifelong office boy, making copies for the big boys until he pensioned out at 15 K a year.

It's an upside down, morons rise to the top society we live in.

He stood in there and WON those games.

He always stands in there and is cool, but it's not like no matter how much pressure you bring Brady is still going to beat you. You can slow down this offense, and one of the keys of late is getting pressure on Brady. Another is disguising the blitz, which Ryan seems to excel at. He's lost the last 2 games against top defenses, looked vulnerable in others, and lost some others as well. It's not a sin.

I mean, you act like I'm knocking Brady and I'm not. He's the best QB in the league. But even the best QB in the league has a hard time against excellent attacking defenses. I don't see why that's so hard to accept.

Right now I have no doubts in my mind that Brady is playing scared - First of all he has little to no protection in the pocket and this is coming off delicate knee surgery and he knows that another hit like last year to the same area WILL no doubt end his career prematurely and I don't know about you guys but I dont blame him for being skittish when he has a defender in his face almost everytime he sets back to survey the field?,Brady is NOT Michael Vick where he can simply dodge his way to a 15 yard gain,he is a pocket passer and lately the pocket is collapsing Fast.

I think anyone here would be scared in this situation and it will take time and better protection for Brady to get his swagger back - this ALL depends on protection,if the OL cannot give Brady more than 1.3 seconds of time to find a receiver I don't know how the hell you guys expect him to suddenly become himself again???

If this team is to win more than 10 games this season Brady needs his OL to play like they are getting paid to do,So far its pathetic and for me as a Patriots fan its frustating to watch - 1.3 seconds to throw the ball is not going to result in many completions - Stop blaming Brady for those that are doing so.

Very well said & I agree 100% :(

God I can't wait until we dominate them 35-7 in the rematch in Foxboro. I can feel it, as the weather gets colder we get stronger and stronger, and our thrashing of the jets will symbolize the team coming full circle.

So, Jet Bart Scott goes on the radio and we have a 3 page thread on it, and the Pats are not even playing the Jets this week.

Nice, I guess the Jets have arrived, yea for me.:)

If he had simply said, "In my opinion, TB is a diffrerent Qb when you hit him a little and force him to throw on the run". That is a statement that applies to all pure pocket QBs- which TB is.

The problem with Scott's comments are that he is insinuating that Brady is a mediocre QB 100% of the time when Bart Scott sees him play when the entire civilized world's opinion of Brady is that he is an exceptionally great QB.

His remarks are outlandish, silly, and completely off-base.

LOL

It's well known that Brady has struggled against Rex and Scott more than anyone else. Remember the last time Brady had under 50% comp. percentage? Oh yeah, 07 vs. the Ravens.

All Bart was saying is that when he faces Brady, he ain't that good cause he's always under pressure. Nothing wrong with what he said, and he is in fact correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft