PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bart Scott on Dan Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
He essentially said Brady struggles when you hit him hard enough and often enough. That's pretty fair, since it's true for every non-mobile QB in the league.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Looks like you just want to have a fight, Mr. Anger and Disgust. I'd suggest you re-read if you're having problems understanding what I typed. If it still doesn't work, take a moment, breathe, get that blood pressure down, and then try thinking about what you're reading.

Are you angry? Are you projecting? I'm not. Do you ever banter with your buddies? Do you have buddies?

Quite frankly, I just can't take a Patriots fan seriously when he's skipping big games to go on a bike ride.

Here are the facts: Brady excels against the blitz, he's one of the best under pressure in the entire league, he is the last NFL QB who will wilt under pressure, so for Scott to say "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth," AND FOR YOU TO AGREE, is just pure idiocy.

Normally Brady is excellent against the blitz, but the Jets and the Giants have both shown that enough pressure reduces his effectiveness. And that's to be expected.

Why is that so hard to understand?

It's not. I've already said that he can comment on Brady's recent play. Two big parts of the quote take it beyond that: ONE, Brady ALWAYS struggles. And, "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth." That has nothing to do with what you just said.

I wouldn't go back to the Giants game either for many many reasons. Brady looked awful in the 2007 postseason. He was awful against the Chargers. He was bad against the Giants. Before his foot injury, that same Giants team blitzed him the same exact way and Brady ripped them apart (granted, our defense didn't do such a great job that night).

Are you angry? Are you projecting? I'm not. Do you ever banter with your buddies? Do you have buddies?

Oh, this is getting fun. And incoherent.

Quite frankly, I just can't take a Patriots fan seriously when he's skipping big games to go on a bike ride.

And getting even more fun, and less relevant as we go.

Here are the facts: Brady excels against the blitz, he's one of the best under pressure in the entire league, he is the last NFL QB who will wilt under pressure, so for Scott to say "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth," AND FOR YOU TO AGREE, is just pure idiocy.

Remind me again, what exactly happened Sunday? Who was it completing 50% of his passes?

Brady has 3 rings, all played under pressure, a lot of comebacks, and he completes 75% of his passes against teams who blitz. If you're going to blitz, Brady will burn you, even if he gets hit. He'll burn you.
He didn't on Sunday. The Pats better get it together because teams are going to do the same thing over and over again until it doesn't work.

The only argument that might be made is that Brady is all washed up at the age of 31. He hasn't looked good in his first two games. So if you're going to trash talk, say, "Brady is all washed up. He's done." Don't tell us that Brady has always been a coward who wilts under pressure, because that makes you look like a stupid idiot.

I'm not sure about washed up, but I could argue the desire isn't there anymore for Tom Brady. I noticed this during the super bowl against the Giants. On almost every drive, the Pats had trouble scoring, yet the camera's kept viewing Brady walking off the field and he didn't show much emotion. In fact, it took until almost the 4th quarter for a fire to get lit under Brady's a** to show some emotion. To this day I've thought his demeanor was really bizarre.

Another reason why I think the desire is gone is because he's already done it all, married to a super model, makes millions of dollars and has family. Don't be surprised if you never see the same Tom Brady that was a 6th round draft pick and playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Two big parts of the quote take it beyond that: ONE, Brady ALWAYS struggles.

No, that's the "Brady [he] always see." You'll have to ask him what exactly he means by that.

And, "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth." That has nothing to do with what you just said.

Sure it does. If you hit a guy hard enough and often enough you see how his game grows less effective. I'm amazed that this board that has been pining for a pressure defense and a better pass rush has any problem with how this works.

I wouldn't go back to the Giants game either for many many reasons.

Sure, it's not convenient for you.

He didn't on Sunday. The Pats better get it together because teams are going to do the same thing over and over again until it doesn't work.

I'm not sure about washed up, but I could argue the desire isn't there anymore for Tom Brady. I noticed this during the super bowl against the Giants. On almost every drive, the Pats had trouble scoring, yet the camera's kept viewing Brady walking off the field and he didn't show much emotion. In fact, it took until almost the 4th quarter for a fire to get lit under Brady's a** to show some emotion. To this day I've thought his demeanor was really bizarre.

Another reason why I think the desire is gone is because he's already done it all, married to a super model, makes millions of dollars and has family. Don't be surprised if you never see the same Tom Brady that was a 6th round draft pick and playing with a chip on his shoulder.

The desire isn't there anymore for Brady.

Thanks for that insight.

No, that's the "Brady [he] always see." You'll have to ask him what exactly he means by that.

Sure it does. If you hit a guy hard enough and often enough you see how his game grows less effective. I'm amazed that this board that has been pining for a pressure defense and a better pass rush has any problem with how this works.

Sure, it's not convenient for you.

Reading comprehension please. Geez, he struggles when he sees him. As when Brady is beating his old team? As when Brady is playing on the TV? He's talking about Brady in the past. How hard is that for you to understand?

The Super Bowl, I already addressed that. Can you read?

I see some of the same posters in this thread being the ones complaining when anybody said something bad about how the Patriot's looked/played the first two weeks.....now I see them complaining about Patriot's fans backing up their QB against absolutely rediculous comments made by a thug bragging overly much over a 1 TD victory.

I am more dissapointed at the some of the self annointed arbiters of all things right to say Patriot posters on this board though. If you don't like what is being said in a thread, may I suggest you keep out of it instead of trying to be the overbearing dictator of what can be said.

Just so there is no mistake by any of those posters about my thoughts.....Scott is a punk/thug and if you think Brady always has that look of fear/indecision whenever he gets hit.....then you are worse than Scott since Patriot fans have had the opportunity to watch Brady come back hit after hit and game after game to lead the Patriots to a win.

RHe's talking about Brady in the past.

Amid all the bluster this is the best you can come up with? Seriously? :ugh: There's no point to this.

How hard is that for you to understand?

Considering it's a pretty empty claim, it's quite hard to understand how you'd think it was worth posting.

The Super Bowl, I already addressed that.

And poorly.

Can you read?

Quite well, thank you.

If you don't like what is being said in a thread, may I suggest you keep out of it instead of trying to be the overbearing dictator of what can be said.

No disagreement allowed? That's awesome! Let's all just let things always go unchallenged. That will surely make for a better forum. :ugh:

Just so there is no mistake by any of those posters about my thoughts.....Scott is a punk/thug...

Who's accomplished quite a bit in his life. Calling people thugs just because you don't like them, well, not something I recommend you teach your children to do. I mean, has the guy ever even been arrested? He's not a thug, he's a football player.

...and if you think Brady always has that look of fear/indecision whenever he gets hit.....then you are worse than Scott since Patriot fans have had the opportunity to watch Brady come back hit after hit and game after game to lead the Patriots to a win.

It's not about fear. I don't think anybody thinks Brady is afraid. It's about effectiveness. As in getting to a QB early and disrupting a pass is an effective means of defending a passing offense. Simple, really.

But keep up with the simplistic moralizing. It's fun.

I would have loved this guy as a Patriot. I don't care if he talks crap, he plays like Rodney, "No Fear."

No disagreement allowed? That's awesome! Let's all just let things always go unchallenged. That will surely make for a better forum. :ugh:

Who's accomplished quite a bit in his life. Calling people thugs just because you don't like them, well, not something I recommend you teach your children to do. I mean, has the guy ever even been arrested? He's not a thug, he's a football player.

It's not about fear. I don't think anybody thinks Brady is afraid. It's about effectiveness. As in getting to a QB early and disrupting a pass is an effective means of defending a passing offense. Simple, really.

But keep up with the simplistic moralizing. It's fun.

Strudel....you are exactly the type of poster I am referring to.....and your quotes make my points for me....Thanks!

How can you not like that guy after the interview? He makes complete sense regarding zone coverages against QBs who know what they are doing.

the pats just need to shut him up..........hard

until they do, he should continue to ramble about how the pats players wear skirts

because they do.......and the have for awhile now

Dear God...please make the Jets and the media's love for them go away...as many have said, a couple of those passes caught, Welker playing, etc etc and we have a different result. Whether Brady got hit or not is irrelevant. The Pats made mistakes...plain and simple. The freaking Jets do this every freaking year...wow, they are 2-0...super bowl bound...let's chat at the end of the season for Christ's sake. One game...

P.S. what has Bart Scott EVER accomplished? hmmmm? SHUT UP, please...
venting...done...

Amid all the bluster this is the best you can come up with? Seriously? :ugh: There's no point to this.

Considering it's a pretty empty claim, it's quite hard to understand how you'd think it was worth posting.

And poorly.

Quite well, thank you.

Yes, I agree, Bart Scott made an empty claim. That's the whole point of this. Geez.

I guess your reading comprehension skills are improving slightly.

As for the Super Bowl, I said Brady obviously wasn't the same guy that obliterated the Giants pass rush three weeks before. You got something to come back with now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back